The BBC is getting fans of their flagship sci-fi series Doctor Who in the holiday spirit by releasing a wave of exciting new photos from the upcoming Christmas special, titled “The Snowmen”. The images show The Doctor (Matt Smith) trading in his trademark (and cool) bow tie and fez for a dusty Victorian-style top hat and tie.
Along with a new look, the Doctor will be getting a brand new companion in the form of actress Jenna-Louise Coleman, who is returning to the series after her surprise debut as Oswin Oswald in the first episode of season 7, ‘Asylum of the Daleks’. Sporting a new name and classy bright-red Victorian dress (which is a nod to her premiere episode, where she wore a modern red dress), Coleman will return as Clara for the second part of season 7.
For those super-puzzled fans (like me) who are looking for an explanation ...
Click to »
- Scott Stoute
Similar News Items"Doctor Who" (2005)
- 12 Pieces of Appropriately Geeky Big Bang Theory Trivia (From PEOPLE.com. 17 September 2014, 11:35 AM, PDT)
- The Televerse #159- That Mitchell and Webb Look with Alasdair Wilkins (From SoundOnSight. 16 September 2014, 2:28 PM, PDT)
- 20 Problems Only Whovians Will Understand (From Obsessed with Film. 16 September 2014, 10:22 AM, PDT)
- New Hobbit 3,Battle Of Five Armies Movie Banner Shows Almost Everyone In Action (From OnTheFlix. 15 September 2014, 2:12 PM, PDT)
- Enormous New Banner for The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies (From HeyUGuys. 15 September 2014, 1:16 PM, PDT)
- New banner for The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies (From Flickeringmyth. 15 September 2014, 12:25 PM, PDT)
Matt Smith (XI)
- Casting: Former 'Doctor Who' Star Matt Smith Joins 'Pride And Prejudice And Zombies' And More (From The Playlist. 17 September 2014, 2:02 PM, PDT)
- 'Doctor Who' Star Matt Smith Joins 'Pride and Prejudice and Zombies' (Exclusive) (From The Hollywood Reporter. 17 September 2014, 11:37 AM, PDT)
- Entertainment Geekly Mailbag: 'Doctor Who,' 'Big Brother,' and the Apple Watch (From EW.com - PopWatch. 12 September 2014, 5:18 PM, PDT)