The BBC is getting fans of their flagship sci-fi series Doctor Who in the holiday spirit by releasing a wave of exciting new photos from the upcoming Christmas special, titled “The Snowmen”. The images show The Doctor (Matt Smith) trading in his trademark (and cool) bow tie and fez for a dusty Victorian-style top hat and tie.
Along with a new look, the Doctor will be getting a brand new companion in the form of actress Jenna-Louise Coleman, who is returning to the series after her surprise debut as Oswin Oswald in the first episode of season 7, ‘Asylum of the Daleks’. Sporting a new name and classy bright-red Victorian dress (which is a nod to her premiere episode, where she wore a modern red dress), Coleman will return as Clara for the second part of season 7.
For those super-puzzled fans (like me) who are looking for an explanation ...
Click to »
- Scott Stoute
Similar News Items"Doctor Who" (2005)
- Steven Moffat says Doctor Who wouldn't exist without the BBC (From Digital Spy - TV news. 29 August 2015, 9:29 AM, PDT)
- Steven Moffat: 'Only the BBC would have come up with Doctor Who' (From The Guardian - TV News. 28 August 2015, 11:01 PM, PDT)
- Strictly Come Dancing 2015 lineup rumours: Which celebrities could take part this year? (From Digital Spy - TV news. 28 August 2015, 1:58 AM, PDT)
- Double, double, toil and trouble! These new Macbeth posters featuring Michael Fassbender are spooky (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 27 August 2015, 10:36 AM, PDT)
- Mr. Holmes and The Man from U.N.C.L.E. – Geek Girl Navigating the World (From Boomtron. 27 August 2015, 5:16 AM, PDT)
- 'The Hobbit' Trilogy Extended Edition Trailer Has New Footage (From MovieWeb. 26 August 2015, 1:54 PM, PDT)
Matt Smith (XI)
- Terminator: Genisys a hit at the Chinese box office (From Den of Geek. 23 August 2015, 10:32 PM, PDT)
- Terminator Genisys tops Chinese box office, crosses $350 million worldwide (From Flickeringmyth. 23 August 2015, 1:42 PM, PDT)
- ‘Doctor Who: Four Doctors #2′ Review (Titan Comics) (From Blogomatic3000. 20 August 2015, 11:51 AM, PDT)