James Bond is in a box-office photo finish with Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny over what looks to be the last slow weekend of the holiday movie season.
According to studio estimates Sunday, Sony's Bond tale Skyfall took in $11 million to move back to number one in its fifth weekend. That put it narrowly ahead of Paramount's Rise of the Guardians, the animated adventure of Santa, the Easter Bunny and other mythological heroes, that pulled in $10.5 million.
The two movies inched ahead of Summit Entertainment's The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2, which had been tops for three-straight weekends. The Twilight finale earned $9.2 million, slipping into a tight race for third spot with Disney's Lincoln, which was close behind with $9.1 million. »
- Cineplex.com and contributors
Similar News ItemsSummit Entertainment [us]
- Keanu Reeves to hand out headshots for John Wick: Chapter 3 in 2019 (From JoBlo. 14 September 2017, 5:22 PM, PDT)
- Ryan Gosling Took Ballet Lessons as a Kid, and Now We Love Him Even More (From Popsugar. 12 September 2017, 8:01 AM, PDT)
- Lionsgate Re-Ups Patrick Wachsberger as Head of Motion Picture Group (From Variety - Film News. 8 September 2017, 12:19 PM, PDT)
The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2 (2012)
- 13 Nights of Halloween: See the Full Lineup For Freeform's Annual Marathon! (From BuzzSugar. 13 September 2017, 2:10 PM, PDT)
- 'Rogue One' Looks to Deliver One of the Top 15 Openings of All-Time (From BoxOfficeMojo.com. 15 December 2016, 1:15 PM, PST)
- More Twilight Sequels Are Possible Says Lionsgate (From MovieWeb. 26 September 2016, 3:42 PM, PDT)
Rise of the Guardians (2012)
- Sony’s animated Spider-Man movie casts Mahershala Ali and Brian Tyree Henry (From Flickeringmyth. 21 June 2017, 12:16 PM, PDT)
- 'Wonder Woman' Sets a Record Opening for a Female Directed Feature (From BoxOfficeMojo.com. 4 June 2017, 8:59 AM, PDT)
- Animated Movie ‘The Extincts’ in the Works at Cirrina Studios (From Variety - Film News. 24 May 2017, 12:39 PM, PDT)