James Bond is in a box-office photo finish with Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny over what looks to be the last slow weekend of the holiday movie season.
According to studio estimates Sunday, Sony's Bond tale Skyfall took in $11 million to move back to number one in its fifth weekend. That put it narrowly ahead of Paramount's Rise of the Guardians, the animated adventure of Santa, the Easter Bunny and other mythological heroes, that pulled in $10.5 million.
The two movies inched ahead of Summit Entertainment's The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2, which had been tops for three-straight weekends. The Twilight finale earned $9.2 million, slipping into a tight race for third spot with Disney's Lincoln, which was close behind with $9.1 million. »
- Cineplex.com and contributors
Similar News ItemsSummit Entertainment [us]
- Dance And Sing With Lrm's La La Land Blu-Ray Giveaway (From LRM Online. 23 April 2017, 10:30 AM, PDT)
- Film Acquisition Rundown: The Orchard Picks Up ‘Thelma,’ Samuel Goldwyn Films Buys ‘Gook’ and More (From Indiewire. 21 April 2017, 10:03 AM, PDT)
- Lionsgate Nabs Rights to James Wan's 'Smart House' (From The Hollywood Reporter - Movie News. 20 April 2017, 10:18 AM, PDT)
The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2 (2012)
- 'Rogue One' Looks to Deliver One of the Top 15 Openings of All-Time (From BoxOfficeMojo.com. 15 December 2016, 1:15 PM, PST)
- More Twilight Sequels Are Possible Says Lionsgate (From MovieWeb. 26 September 2016, 3:42 PM, PDT)
- How High Will 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 2' Fly? (From BoxOfficeMojo.com. 19 November 2015, 12:45 PM, PST)
Rise of the Guardians (2012)
- Spider-Man Animated Movie Has Found Its Miles Morales (From MovieWeb. 13 April 2017, 2:07 PM, PDT)
- Sony Finds Their Miles Morales (From Cinelinx. 13 April 2017, 12:41 PM, PDT)
- Tom McGrath interview: Boss Baby, animation, George Lucas (From Den of Geek. 4 April 2017, 2:54 PM, PDT)