James Bond is in a box-office photo finish with Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny over what looks to be the last slow weekend of the holiday movie season.
According to studio estimates Sunday, Sony's Bond tale Skyfall took in $11 million to move back to number one in its fifth weekend. That put it narrowly ahead of Paramount's Rise of the Guardians, the animated adventure of Santa, the Easter Bunny and other mythological heroes, that pulled in $10.5 million.
The two movies inched ahead of Summit Entertainment's The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2, which had been tops for three-straight weekends. The Twilight finale earned $9.2 million, slipping into a tight race for third spot with Disney's Lincoln, which was close behind with $9.1 million. »
- Cineplex.com and contributors
Similar News ItemsSummit Entertainment [us]
- La La Land Movie Review #EmmaStone (From ShockYa. 4 December 2016, 8:05 PM, PST)
- Trailer for The Shack starring Sam Worthington and Octavia Spencer (From Flickeringmyth. 1 December 2016, 3:45 PM, PST)
- John Wick and King Kong Funko Pop! Figures Coming Next Year (From Cinelinx. 30 November 2016, 2:23 PM, PST)
The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2 (2012)
- More Twilight Sequels Are Possible Says Lionsgate (From MovieWeb. 26 September 2016, 3:42 PM, PDT)
- How High Will 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 2' Fly? (From BoxOfficeMojo.com. 19 November 2015, 12:45 PM, PST)
- Forecast: 'Spectre' and 'Peanuts' Hope for Strong Second Weekend Holds (From BoxOfficeMojo.com. 12 November 2015, 3:24 PM, PST)
Rise of the Guardians (2012)
- Afm: ‘Ballerina’ Producers Tap Toon Vet Guenoden for Animated ‘Bravest’ (From Variety - Film News. 5 November 2016, 8:36 PM, PDT)
- Nycc 2016: Watch the Trailer for Guillermo del Toro’s Animated Series Trollhunters (From DailyDead. 9 October 2016, 7:50 AM, PDT)
- Comic-Con: 'Trolls' footage charms Hall H (From ScreenDaily. 21 July 2016, 7:22 AM, PDT)