Friday night, Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert gave a candid talk to a crowd in Montclair, NJ at a fundraiser for the Montclair Film Festival. Sharilyn Johnson of Third Beat reports that Stewart admitted that after taking over "The Daily Show" from previous host Craig Kilborn in 1999, Stewart wanted to bail on the job.
“What I did not realize is, a lot of the people who worked there were assholes,” Stewart said. He ultimately decided to stick around for the job although he said that it took him about two and a half years to get comfortable. But his decision to stay came after much resistance from Kilborn's previous staff, many of whom Stewart inherited.
One of those staffers was a young actor named Stephen Colbert, whose first interaction with Stewart was marked by the type of friendly competition the two men would see throughout their careers. When Stewart was »
- The Huffington Post
Similar News ItemsComedy Central [us]
- What To Watch This Memorial Day Weekend (From Huffington Post. 24 May 2013, 6:00 PM, PDT)
- Workaholics: Season Three Blu-ray and DVD Arrive June 18th (From MovieWeb. 24 May 2013, 4:46 PM, PDT)
- What to Watch: Your Guide to 35 Memorial Day Weekend Marathons and Specials! (From TVLine.com. 24 May 2013, 12:35 PM, PDT)
"The Daily Show with Jon Stewart" (1996)
- Casting Couch: Jon Stewart Throws Gael Garcia Bernal in Jail, ‘X-Men: Days of Future Past’ Casts a Quicksilver, and More (From FilmSchoolRejects. 24 May 2013, 4:00 PM, PDT)
- ‘Motorcycle Diaries’ Lead to Star in Jon Stewart’s ‘Rosewater’ (From Screen Rant. 24 May 2013, 1:45 PM, PDT)
- Morgan Freeman Fell Asleep During An Interview? Actor Blames it On...What? (From Manny the Movie Guy. 24 May 2013, 1:00 PM, PDT)
- Stephen Colbert Is 'Not a Fan' of Obama, Is a Big Fan of Drone Use (Video) (From The Wrap. 24 May 2013, 8:04 AM, PDT)
- Women Who've Dumped Me Adaptation Lands at MGM (From MovieWeb. 23 May 2013, 6:09 PM, PDT)
- MGM to Adapt Ben Karlin’s Things I’Ve Learned From Women Who’Ve Dumped Me (From Collider.com. 23 May 2013, 2:08 PM, PDT)