On Saturday afternoon, as I waited for the emergency press conference held by Southern Cross Austereo CEO Rhys Holleran to begin, I started to write a news story about his resignation.
Of course, he wasn’t to blame for the death of nurse Jacintha Saldanha, but somebody within the company needed to take responsibility, and I suspected they knew it.
With advertisers beginning to pull their support and the global backlash to the Today Network prank call getting underway, it was the only way I could see an end to the issue. If not Holleran, somebody else senior within the organisation.
Holleran’s press conference | Source: Sky News
As you’ll know, it didn’t go down like that. Holleran expressed his sadness and sympathy, but went no further. The story of his resignation remained unpublished.
On Sunday night, I stood by with my story again, as the board of Sca met. »
Similar News ItemsMichael Christian (XI)
- New show The Bump to replace Hot 30 (From Encore Magazine. 24 January 2013, 5:48 PM, PST)
- Famous Hoaxes and Lies (Video) Kate Middleton's Nurse, Manti Te'o Girlfriend (From National Ledger. 24 January 2013, 6:05 AM, PST)
- Today Network presenters party by the pool in new campaign (From Encore Magazine. 23 January 2013, 6:05 PM, PST)
- BBC Topper Chris Patten Steps Down (From Variety - TV News. 6 May 2014, 9:19 AM, PDT)
- Noel Edmonds on Newsnight: 'BBC is a terminally ill patient and needs a cure' (From Digital Spy - TV news. 17 March 2014, 5:15 PM, PDT)
- BBC3 closure triggers protests from channel's star names (From The Guardian - TV News. 5 March 2014, 5:16 PM, PST)
Southern Cross (2004)
- 12 Image Expo Announcements & The Wicked + The Divine #3 Early Artwork (From Flickeringmyth. 23 July 2014, 6:39 PM, PDT)
- Letters: Us, Bruckheimer's BBQ, making ofs and mystery TV (From Den of Geek. 17 July 2014, 4:02 AM, PDT)
- Jimmy Fallon Impersonates Neil Young, Sings "Fancy" With Crosby, Stills & Nash—Watch Now! (From E! Online. 8 July 2014, 6:01 AM, PDT)