By Joey Magidson
It’s been said that there’s more than one way to skin a cat (though I’d prefer it if everyone just stopped doing that altogether), and the same goes for launching an Oscar contender. Perhaps the most prestigious way to do so is an unveiling at a film festival. It’s a glamorous decision, even if it’s not always a winning one.
While it’s true that some Oscar hopefuls, mainly from the studios, opt to skip the festival route altogether, most contenders do launch themselves somewhere. And there’s a festival for each type of film. Whether it’s during Sundance, Tribeca, Berlin, Cannes, Telluride, Toronto, Venice or New York, plenty of potential awards players sink or swim starting at one of those festivals each year.
2012 is no exception, of course, with very few contenders skipping the festival circuit. The highest »
- Joey Magidson
Similar News ItemsThe Dark Knight Rises (2012)
- Final trailer for The Expendables 3 (From Flickeringmyth. 31 July 2014, 2:24 PM, PDT)
- Mad Max: Fury Road Images Show Tom Hardy Giving Nicholas Hoult a Boost (From Collider.com. 31 July 2014, 8:06 AM, PDT)
- New Photos From 'Mad Max: Fury Road' (From LatinoReview. 31 July 2014, 7:19 AM, PDT)
- Leo Has a Shirtless Water-Gun Fight, Because Why Not? (From Popsugar. 29 July 2014, 12:15 PM, PDT)
- Fantasia Review: Award-Winning South Korean Indie 'Han Gong-Ju' Is Damaged And Beautiful (From The Playlist. 28 July 2014, 12:43 PM, PDT)
- World Exclusive Blood Ties Poster (From TotalFilm. 25 July 2014, 7:33 AM, PDT)
- Kerry Washington Gushes About Her Baby Daughter (From Popsugar. 1 August 2014, 8:25 AM, PDT)
- Who Is the New Denzel? Hollywood Struggles to Launch Next Black Stars (From The Hollywood Reporter. 1 August 2014, 6:00 AM, PDT)
- The Bone Collector (From Sky Movies. 1 August 2014, 2:18 AM, PDT)