By Joey Magidson
It’s been said that there’s more than one way to skin a cat (though I’d prefer it if everyone just stopped doing that altogether), and the same goes for launching an Oscar contender. Perhaps the most prestigious way to do so is an unveiling at a film festival. It’s a glamorous decision, even if it’s not always a winning one.
While it’s true that some Oscar hopefuls, mainly from the studios, opt to skip the festival route altogether, most contenders do launch themselves somewhere. And there’s a festival for each type of film. Whether it’s during Sundance, Tribeca, Berlin, Cannes, Telluride, Toronto, Venice or New York, plenty of potential awards players sink or swim starting at one of those festivals each year.
2012 is no exception, of course, with very few contenders skipping the festival circuit. The highest »
- Joey Magidson
Similar News ItemsThe Dark Knight Rises (2012)
- Second 'Street Fighter: Assassin's Fist' Trailer Introduces Ken (From MovieWeb. 24 April 2014, 3:01 PM, PDT)
- 4 Great Films That Only Have One Character (From We Got This Covered. 24 April 2014, 2:14 PM, PDT)
- Don't Expect Tom Hardy's 'Mad Max' To Sound Like Bane (From MTV Movie News. 24 April 2014, 12:31 PM, PDT)
- The Immigrant with Cotillard, Phoenix and Renner gets new trailer (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 23 April 2014, 6:58 PM, PDT)
- Lupita Nyong'o Signs With CAA (From The Hollywood Reporter. 22 April 2014, 12:39 PM, PDT)
- Joaquin Phoenix Pimps Out Marion Cotillard in New Immigrant Trailer (From TheImproper.com. 21 April 2014, 12:39 PM, PDT)
- 'Last Passenger' (2014) Movie Review (From Rope Of Silicon. 24 April 2014, 4:12 PM, PDT)
- The Hurricane: the facts of Rubin Carter's life story are beaten to a pulp (From The Guardian - Film News. 24 April 2014, 2:26 AM, PDT)
- More images from The Equalizer (From Flickeringmyth. 24 April 2014, 2:12 AM, PDT)