Katheryn Bigelow's "Zero Dark Thirty" is strengthening its lead on the way to Oscar glory. The Boston Society of Film Critics have chosen the film as the Best Picture of the year. "Zero Dark Thirty" also won the Best Director and Editing awards.
Steven Spielberg's "Lincoln" won Best Actor for Daniel Day-Lewis, Best Supporting Actress for Sally Field, and Best Screenplay. In a surprising move, the Boston Society of Film Critics honored the underrated Ezra Miller with the Best Supporting Actor award for his brilliant performance in "The Perks of Being a Wallflower." Oh, and Emma Watson was a runner-up in the Best Supporting Actress category for the same film.
Here's the complete list of the Boston Society of Film Critics awards:
Similar News ItemsSteven Spielberg
- Christopher Nolan becomes fifth-highest grossing director of all time (From Flickeringmyth. 22 August 2017, 1:41 PM, PDT)
- 8-Bit Trailers - Ready Player One (video) (From JoBlo. 22 August 2017, 8:42 AM, PDT)
- Godzilla vs Kong: whoever wins Hollywood's monster mashup, we all lose (From The Guardian - Film News. 22 August 2017, 2:48 AM, PDT)
Emma Watson (II)
- Beauty and the Beast Is Coming to Netflix in September (From E! Online. 22 August 2017, 9:45 AM, PDT)
- Mel B Inspires Children’s Musical Comedy Series. Shows Kids Dreams Are Everything. (From TVovermind.com. 21 August 2017, 6:11 PM, PDT)
- Healthy Tomatoes? The Danger of Film Critics Speaking as One (From Variety - Film News. 20 August 2017, 9:10 AM, PDT)
- ‘Tulip Fever’ Red Band Trailer: Alicia Vikander and Dane DeHaan Get Very Nsfw (From Indiewire. 22 August 2017, 2:59 PM, PDT)
- Watch Alicia Vikander, Dane DeHaan in Racy, Sexual ‘Tulip Fever’ Trailer (Video) (From The Wrap. 22 August 2017, 12:08 PM, PDT)
- Alicia Vikander’s ‘Tulip Fever’ Moved Back to Quiet Labor Day Weekend (From Variety - Film News. 16 August 2017, 6:05 PM, PDT)