"Skyfall" reclaimed the top spot with $11 million becoming the highest-grossing Sony release this year with $918 million in worldwide ticket sales according to THR.
At the specialty box office, "Hyde Park on Hudson" opened strongly with $83,280 in just four theaters for a per location average of $20,820. The film features Bill Murray as President Franklin D. Roosevelt. (Laura Linney interview for "Hyde Park," Olivia Williams interview for "Hyde Park")
Previous weekend's box-office champ, "The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2" dropped to No. 3 after topping the charts for three weeks. But have no fear Twi-hards, the final chapter became the highest grossing title of the franchise with a worldwide total of $751.1 million!
Here's the estimated Top 10 Box-Office films for weekend of Dec. 7:
1. Skyfall, 5/3,401, MGM/Sony, $11 million, $261.2 million.
2. Rise of the Guardians, »
Similar News ItemsThe Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1 (2011)
- Veteran Executive Julie Fontaine to Head Netflix Film Publicity (Exclusive) (From Variety - Film News. 19 June 2017, 11:00 AM, PDT)
- 'Awards Chatter' Podcast — Rami Malek ('Mr. Robot') (From hollywoodreporter_tv. 19 June 2017, 7:50 AM, PDT)
- 'Awards Chatter' Podcast — Rami Malek ('Mr. Robot') (From The Hollywood Reporter - TV News. 19 June 2017, 7:50 AM, PDT)
Bill Murray (I)
- Sofia Coppola: The Specific Touch of Femininity (From MUBI. 23 June 2017, 8:15 AM, PDT)
- More Cannes Winners: Diane Kruger to Become the New Isabelle Huppert + Best Director Coppola Oscar Chances? (From Alt Film Guide. 20 June 2017, 8:05 PM, PDT)
- Sofia Coppola Movies Ranked Worst to Best (From Indiewire. 19 June 2017, 10:57 AM, PDT)
Gerard Butler (I)
- Paris Co-Pro Village 2017: the buzz projects (From ScreenDaily. 22 June 2017, 4:43 AM, PDT)
- BBC Films boards battle rap drama 'Vs.' starring Connor Swindells (From ScreenDaily. 9 June 2017, 12:51 AM, PDT)
- Steven Spielberg Pentagon Papers Film Adds Sarah Paulson, Bob Odenkirk, Matthew Rhys, Bradley Whitford (From Variety - Film News. 6 June 2017, 10:01 AM, PDT)