Space La fitted out with professional stages and technology for creators who have outgrown their bedrooms and garages
It was the hangar which incubated Howard Hughes's aviation dreams, each aircraft model more fanciful than the last, and half a century later it is the launchpad for another striking ambition: a new generation of slicker, better YouTube videos.
The video-sharing website has converted the 41,000 sq-foot Los Angeles complex into a state-of-the-art digital production hub to catapult selected creators into another league of quality video making.
Where engineers once made helicopters and the Spruce Goose airplane for its reclusive tycoon owner, camera crews, lighting technicians and editors are now producing and polishing videos for YouTube creators who previously worked out of bedrooms and garages.
"I think it's a turning point for people to be able to make real shows on YouTube," said Felicia Day, producer and co-creator of the the Geek & Sundry YouTube channel, »
- Rory Carroll
Similar News ItemsFelicia Day
- Plants Vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare Announced by Dark Horse (From DailyDead. 3 July 2015, 9:43 AM, PDT)
- Lionsgate Hires Evp, Gm For Comic-Con Subscription Video Service (From Tubefilter News. 24 June 2015, 3:59 PM, PDT)
- Lionsgate Hires Seth Laderman for Comic-Con Video-on-Demand Channel (From Variety - Film News. 24 June 2015, 6:00 AM, PDT)
Howard Hughes (IV)
- Michael Fassbender looks nothing like Steve Jobs: 7 actors who don't resemble real-life counterparts (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 2 July 2015, 12:00 PM, PDT)
- No Weapon Formed Against Me Shall Prosper: Los Angeles, 2015 (From MUBI. 22 June 2015, 9:04 AM, PDT)
- James Ellroy: The Hollywood Interview (From The Hollywood Interview. 26 May 2015, 5:57 PM, PDT)
- The Walking Dead Podcast Episode 55: “Strangers” (From SoundOnSight. 24 October 2014, 6:56 PM, PDT)
- Only Lovers Left Alive everything you need to know (From The Guardian - Film News. 16 April 2014, 8:56 PM, PDT)
- Foget the Smiles, Lorde Wants to Brood (From National Ledger. 6 April 2014, 8:14 PM, PDT)