Space La fitted out with professional stages and technology for creators who have outgrown their bedrooms and garages
It was the hangar which incubated Howard Hughes's aviation dreams, each aircraft model more fanciful than the last, and half a century later it is the launchpad for another striking ambition: a new generation of slicker, better YouTube videos.
The video-sharing website has converted the 41,000 sq-foot Los Angeles complex into a state-of-the-art digital production hub to catapult selected creators into another league of quality video making.
Where engineers once made helicopters and the Spruce Goose airplane for its reclusive tycoon owner, camera crews, lighting technicians and editors are now producing and polishing videos for YouTube creators who previously worked out of bedrooms and garages.
"I think it's a turning point for people to be able to make real shows on YouTube," said Felicia Day, producer and co-creator of the the Geek & Sundry YouTube channel, »
- Rory Carroll
Similar News ItemsFelicia Day
- Ellen DeGeneres, Felicia Day and more stars give thanks this Turkey Day 2013 (From Pop2it. 28 November 2013, 1:04 PM, PST)
- The Fine Bros Sign With Talent Agency Wme (From Tubefilter News. 18 November 2013, 4:42 PM, PST)
- Catch A Live Stream Of The YouTube Pro Series Talk On Building A Brand (From Tubefilter News. 7 November 2013, 3:36 PM, PST)
Howard Hughes (IV)
- Season 10 Of Cinema Retro Is Here! Subscribe Or Renew Today! (From CinemaRetro. 5 December 2013, 8:30 AM, PST)
- 10 Most Infamous Guns N’ Roses Moments (From Obsessed with Film. 25 November 2013, 11:56 PM, PST)
- Will Cate Blanchett join Meryl Streep and Jessica Lange in Oscars upgrade lounge? (From Gold Derby. 18 November 2013, 10:29 AM, PST)
- Watch Jack White’s Folk-Tinged Take on ‘We’re Going to Be Friends’ (From Vulture. 4 December 2013, 10:30 AM, PST)
- Can't-Miss Memoirs For Every Personality (From BuzzSugar. 25 November 2013, 2:30 PM, PST)
- Here Is Patti Smith’s Tribute to Lou Reed (From Vulture. 4 November 2013, 5:50 AM, PST)