Commenting on the Critics with Simon Columb...
Moviescope writes, on December 6th, about the purchase of Picturehouse by Cineworld:
Arts Alliance has been the majority shareholder of Picturehouse – which trades as City Screen Group – since 2002. Cineworld are now in possession of a total of 21 Picturehouse sites across the country, as well as Picturehouse Entertainment, the company’s distribution arm. It adds to Cineworld’s 80 sites around the UK.
Cineworld used its twitter feed this morning to assure Picturehouse patrons: “We love Picturehouse… so (we’re) not planning to get involved with how it’s run.”
Picturehouse will hope to open up to ten more cinemas already mooted across the country using the extra funds now available at Cineworld. The acquisition will also strengthen its hand in pursuit of opening a site in central London.
Read the full article here.
My love of the Picturehouse chain stems back to my own »
Similar News ItemsThe Avengers (2012)
- Successful Scandinavians – ‘The Keeper Of Lost Causes’ Feature (From The Hollywood News. 1 September 2014, 2:45 AM, PDT)
- Details On Why Joaquin Phoenix May Be Reluctant To Play Doctor Strange For Marvel (From ComicBookMovie. 31 August 2014, 4:22 AM, PDT)
- Plissken Gets A Posse For ‘Escape From New York’…? (From The Hollywood News. 31 August 2014, 1:30 AM, PDT)
The Dark Knight Rises (2012)
- Indie Spotlight (From DailyDead. 31 August 2014, 12:22 PM, PDT)
- Charlie Hunnam, Jon Bernthal and Dan Stevens linked to Snake Plissken in team-based remake of Escape from New York (From Flickeringmyth. 31 August 2014, 7:35 AM, PDT)
- Neeson Open To Playing Ra's Al Ghul Again (From Dark Horizons. 30 August 2014, 12:43 PM, PDT)
Transformers: Age of Extinction (2014)
- Soccer Kicks Hong Kong Box Office Into Summer Slump (From Variety - Film News. 1 September 2014, 3:25 AM, PDT)
- Guardians Of The Galaxy becomes 2014's biggest film in Us (From Den of Geek. 31 August 2014, 11:21 PM, PDT)
- Update: Int’l Box Office: ‘Apes’ Dawns In China With $47M; ‘Into The Storm’ Whips Up Korea #1; ‘Lucy’ Crosses $150M; More (From Deadline New York. 31 August 2014, 9:02 PM, PDT)