Police have been forced to apologise to the family of Notorious B.I.G. after they opened a sealed report on his death without informing them. The rapper, whose real name was Christopher Wallace, was shot dead in 1997 and the culprit has never been found. [Left: Notorious B.I.G. aka Biggie Smalls and Right: The cast members of Notorious, a biopic of the rapper's life] Los Angeles police cited an "administrative error" as the reason Wallace's family was not contacted, says The Hollywood Reporter. Captain Billy Hayes, who is leading the Robbery-Homicide Division investigating the killing, said in a statement: "Detectives had intended to notify Mr Wallace's family prior to releasing the report.
"Our detectives personally spoke with the Wallace family... and apologised for not notifying them." Wallace was (more) »
- By Charlotte Grant-West
Similar News ItemsThe Notorious B.I.G.
- Diddy Shares Never-Before-Seen Throwback Photo with Notorious B.I.G. (From Us Weekly. 8 August 2014, 9:37 AM, PDT)
- The 24-Hour Music Biopic Marathon (From Cinema Blend. 1 August 2014, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- Jay Z Faces Sound Engineer's Bold Claim Over Song Rights (From The Hollywood Reporter. 9 July 2014, 6:11 AM, PDT)
William Martin Hayes
- Lapd Apologizes To Notorious B.I.G's Family (From Huffington Post. 8 December 2012, 9:05 PM, PST)
- Midnight Express – Blu-ray Review (From HeyUGuys. 20 December 2011, 2:00 AM, PST)