Los Angeles — Police detectives apologized to the family of Notorious B.I.G. for failing to warn them about the planned release of his autopsy report more than 15 years after he died in a drive-by shooting, the Los Angeles Police Department said Saturday.
The detectives had intended to notify the rapper's family, but the report was released prematurely "due to an administrative error," the department said in a statement.
"Our detectives personally spoke with the Wallace family (Friday) night, and apologized for not notifying them prior to the release" said Capt. Billy Hayes, who heads Lapd's Robbery-Homicide Division, which is investigating the killing. "Obviously this has been a challenging case for us to solve. We hope that witnesses or other people with information will come forward and give us the clues we need to solve this case."
Los Angeles County's Chief Coroner Investigator Craig Harvey said a security hold placed on the »
Similar News ItemsTupac Shakur
- Suge Knight Shot at Chris Brown's Pre-vma Party (From Entertainment Tonight. 24 August 2014, 7:18 AM, PDT)
- 'An American in Paris' Finds Broadway Home (From The Hollywood Reporter. 17 July 2014, 1:17 PM, PDT)
- Rocky The Musical to close down on Broadway after 6 months (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 16 July 2014, 2:27 AM, PDT)
The Notorious B.I.G.
- Diddy Shares Never-Before-Seen Throwback Photo with Notorious B.I.G. (From Us Weekly. 8 August 2014, 9:37 AM, PDT)
- The 24-Hour Music Biopic Marathon (From Cinema Blend. 1 August 2014, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- Jay Z Faces Sound Engineer's Bold Claim Over Song Rights (From The Hollywood Reporter. 9 July 2014, 6:11 AM, PDT)
- Awesome Mix Tape: Vol. 2 (From SoundOnSight. 3 August 2014, 8:02 PM, PDT)
- Stan Winston Week: Celebrating Leviathan with Ernie Hudson, Tom Woodruff Jr. & Exclusive Photo Gallery (From DailyDead. 8 July 2014, 2:11 PM, PDT)
- Universal and Legendary Sign a New 15 Movie Deal with IMAX (From MovieWeb. 5 June 2014, 9:50 AM, PDT)