Stephen Colbert loves Lord of the Rings... a lot. So much so that he even speaks freaking Elvish. He has an upcoming cameo in The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug (the sequel to The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey) that he hasn't even seen yet but really wants to.
All week the cast of The Hobbit have attested to Colbert's vast knowledge of everything Tolkien -- he even beat Lotr/Hobbit screenwriter Philippa Boyens in a trivia quiz when he visited the New Zealand set. Peter Jackson closed out Hobbit Week on the Colbert Report, in this hilarious interview Colbert begs to see Jackson's recently finished first cut for The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug. He also proves once again that he is the king of geeks by answering, in great detail, a Hobbit question that Jackson has been wondering about for years.
Get More: Colbert Report Full Episodes,Political Humor & Satire Blog, »
- Lucas Lowman
Similar News ItemsPeter Jackson (I)
- News Bits: Hobbit, Captain, Crisis, Reboot (From Dark Horizons. 27 November 2014, 9:47 PM, PST)
- Smaug Attacks in 'The Hobbit 3' Photos and TV Spot (From MovieWeb. 27 November 2014, 10:51 AM, PST)
- When Frodo Met Bilbo (From EmpireOnline. 27 November 2014, 10:00 AM, PST)
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (2012)
- James Cameron Says Avatar Sequels Will Be Shot At 48 Frames-Per-Second (From ComicBookMovie. 26 November 2014, 10:22 AM, PST)
- James Cameron Believes the 'Avatar' Sequels Will Serve as a Cinematic Laxative (From Rope Of Silicon. 26 November 2014, 8:27 AM, PST)
- Glenn Howerton Was 2nd Choice For Star-Lord In Guardians Of The Galaxy (From ComicBookMovie. 19 November 2014, 7:32 AM, PST)
- 33 Things on TV to Be Thankful for This Thanksgiving (From Moviefone. 27 November 2014, 7:00 AM, PST)
- 'Death to Turkeys!': John Oliver Waxes on Presidential Thanksgiving Pardons (From Rolling Stone. 24 November 2014, 8:02 AM, PST)
- Stephen Colbert and Steve Carell On Running from the Kkk and the Value of Being "Nauseated By Food" (From The Hollywood Reporter. 23 November 2014, 12:16 PM, PST)