"...following the death of his father, struggling young writer 'Sal Paradise' embarks upon a journey across America with his friend and hero, 'Dean Moriarty', a traveler, mystic and the living epitome of 'beat'..."
The story is based on the years Kerouac spent travelling the Us in the 1940's with his friend Neal Cassady and several other figures who would go on to fame in their own right, including author William S. Burroughs.
Inspiration was provided by hitting the open road, looking for adventure.
This was complimented by experimentation with jazz, »
- M. Stevens
Similar News ItemsKristen Stewart (I)
- Still Alice | 2014 Tiff Review (From ioncinema. 19 September 2014, 9:00 AM, PDT)
- Why Tobey Maguire Thinks There’s a Lack of Young Male Movie Stars (From Vulture. 16 September 2014, 1:00 PM, PDT)
- 15 Young Adult Novels Turned Into Movies (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 16 September 2014, 10:43 AM, PDT)
Amy Adams (III)
- Watch the Batmobile Drive Around Slowly in 13 Minutes of Video from the Set of Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice (From Collider.com. 19 September 2014, 11:31 AM, PDT)
- Sales of Margaret Keane Paintings Soar Ahead of Tim Burton Film Release (From The Hollywood Reporter. 19 September 2014, 7:00 AM, PDT)
- Tokyo to screen Big Eyes footage (From ScreenDaily. 19 September 2014, 4:46 AM, PDT)
- Kirsten Dunst on Nude Photo Leak: "I Try to Have a Sense of Humor About a Really Unfortunate Situation" (From E! Online. 18 September 2014, 2:24 PM, PDT)
- DVD Review: 'The Two Faces of January' (From CineVue. 16 September 2014, 2:16 PM, PDT)
- Why Is Sharon Osbourne Trashing U2? (From Popsugar. 16 September 2014, 12:48 PM, PDT)