Although Cheryl Cole only served as a judge on Fox's "X Factor" for a brief period, she could be entitled to a huge payday -- at least that's what the British singer is alleging in a new lawsuit being leveled against "X Factor" producers Blue Orbit Productions.
Cole was fired from the Simon Cowell singing competition before the first season began airing, to be replaced by Nicole Scherzinger (who, along with Paula Abdul, has since been replaced by Britney Spears and Demi Lovato). But according to The Hollywood Reporter, Cole has filed a lawsuit claiming that Blue Orbit owes her $2 million, plus an additional $300,000 to cover expenses for wardrobe, styling and Cole's living allowance.
Cole's suit claims she was hired under a "pay-or-play" contract for the first two seasons of the Us reality show, which reportedly requires that the producers "pay the talent even if the producer decides (for reasons »
- Laura Prudom
Similar News ItemsSimon Cowell (I)
- Simon Cowell puts together X Factor supergroup (From Virgin Media - TV. 19 August 2014, 2:15 AM, PDT)
- Niall Horan, Liam Payne, Harry Styles, Zayn Malik and Louis Tomlinson of 1D Will Split, Cowell Predicts (From National Ledger. 17 August 2014, 11:13 AM, PDT)
- "Betty Boop": Sex Sells (From SneakPeek. 16 August 2014, 8:56 AM, PDT)
- What's Lisa Rinna Doing to Her Face Now? (From Entertainment Tonight. 19 August 2014, 12:51 PM, PDT)
- CBB 2014: Who is 'Frenchy' Morgan? 9 facts about the Double Air Bags star (From Digital Spy - TV news. 19 August 2014, 9:43 AM, PDT)
- Britney Spears, James Franco and Kate Upton Keep Ice Bucket Challenge Going (From Entertainment Tonight. 19 August 2014, 7:06 AM, PDT)
Paula Abdul (I)
- Naya Rivera's Gangster Gone Wild Look: Gotta Have It or Make It Stop? (From E! Online. 14 August 2014)
- When is X Factor back? All we know about the 2014 series so far (From Digital Spy - TV news. 13 August 2014, 9:14 AM, PDT)
- Tim Gunn and Cat Deeley on Good Hosts, Bad Reality Shows and Unfair Judges (From Variety - TV News. 5 August 2014, 10:00 AM, PDT)