Ann Dowd loves the word "delicious". She describes her children this way and actors she admires, too ("Annette Bening! She's delicious and such a good actress"). And what word could possibly be a better fit to fully convey the joy of this moment in her career?
When the tiny indie Compliance debuted to surprisingly robust critical conversation this past August, Ann Dowd won the kind of reviews that Oscar dreams are made of... even from critics who didn't like the film. Her superbly layered work as "Sandra", the prickly overwhelmed fast food manager at the center of the ethically disturbing drama lingers in the memory. Proof of that is a recent well deserved nomination at the Spirit Awards. I spoke to her a few hours after the announcement of her biggest prize yet, The Best Supporting Actress Award from the National Board of Review.
Nathaniel: Congratulations on winning the Nbr Prize! »
- NATHANIEL R
Similar News ItemsAnnette Bening
- ‘Danny Collins’ DVD Review (From Blogomatic3000. 9 October 2015, 6:32 AM, PDT)
- Shirley Temple Black’s Family Makes Major Gift To Academy Museum (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 8 October 2015, 5:45 PM, PDT)
- Shirley Temple Family Gives $5 Million to Academy Museum (From Variety - Film News. 8 October 2015, 4:05 PM, PDT)
- The Leftovers: Season Two Ratings (From TVSeriesFinale. 7 October 2015, 8:03 PM, PDT)
- Trailer for Sandra Bullock's Our Brand is Crisis (From Worst Previews. 10 September 2015, 11:07 PM, PDT)
- HBO’s ‘The Leftovers’ Heads to Texas in Season 2 Trailer (Video) (From The Wrap. 10 September 2015, 1:21 PM, PDT)
- Z for Zachariah Goes Post-Apocalyptic on Home Video This October (From Dread Central. 29 September 2015, 3:05 PM, PDT)
- Why 'Z for Zachariah' Director Craig Zobel Hasn't Gone the Blockbuster Route (From Indiewire. 24 September 2015, 8:00 AM, PDT)
- Exclusive: Z For Zachariah Gets Some Poster Love (From Twitch. 23 September 2015, 7:00 AM, PDT)