Directed by Stefan Ruzowitzky
United States, 2012
Fargo has so embedded itself in the American film-going consciousness as a cold thriller, that anything with a suspense plot and snow now seems to warrant immediate comparisons, whether deserved or not. While many things can be leveled at Stefan Ruzowitzky’s thriller, including suspense and snow, Fargo-like should not be one of them.
Addison (Eric Bana, closer to his Chopper menace than other recent roles) and Liza (Olivia Wilde) are brother and sister criminals on the run to the Canadian border in a small-town blizzard. After a car accident forces them to part ways Liza comes across Jay (Charlie Hunnam), a former Olympic boxer and ex-con, also on the run for his own reasons. All parties converge on Jay’s parents’ house (played by Kris Kristofferson and Sissy Spacek) for a tense Thanksgiving dinner.
The beginning of Deadfall is tense enough. »
- Neal Dhand
Similar News ItemsOlivia Wilde
- Golden Globe Awards Nominations (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 12 December 2013, 9:32 PM, PST)
- Olivia Wilde Hides Her Baby Bump in Black (From E! Online. 12 December 2013, 3:00 PM, PST)
- Olivia Wilde Flaunts Growing Baby Bump, Admits She "Genuinely Might Puke" at Golden Globe Nominations (From E! Online. 12 December 2013, 2:51 PM, PST)
- 'Sons of Anarchy's' Maggie Siff on Tara and the Season-Six Finale (Q&A) (From The Hollywood Reporter. 12 December 2013, 10:57 AM, PST)
- Jamie Dornan: It’s Great You’re Going Full Frontal For ‘Fifty Shades Of Grey’ (From HollywoodLife. 12 December 2013, 10:53 AM, PST)
- Sons of Anarchy: Season Six Ratings (From TVSeriesFinale. 11 December 2013, 9:22 PM, PST)
- Peter Berg working on a sequel to The Rundown (From Flickeringmyth. 10 December 2013, 9:53 AM, PST)
- AFI Awards List: An Upscale, Oscar-Friendly Version of the People's Choice Awards (From Alt Film Guide. 9 December 2013, 3:48 PM, PST)
- Bruce Willis, Armie Hammer, Helen Mirren and More to Toast Jerry Bruckheimer at American Cinematheque Gala (From Thompson on Hollywood. 9 December 2013, 1:43 PM, PST)