Just a day after the news that Guillermo del Toro is taking his 2006 dark fantasy Pan’s Labyrinth to the stage, another accomplished Mexican director, Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu, has news of his own: he’s set to direct a comedy called Birdman.
Inarritu has melted down thick emotions in Spanish-language dramas such as 2000′s beautiful Amores Perros (with a breakout performance by Gael Garcia Bernal) and 2010′s Biutiful, and Hollywood dramas such as 2006′s Babel and 2003′s 21 Grams.
“Birdman will be Inarritu’s first comedic endeavor,” about an actor in crisis who once played a superhero and struggles in the »
- Solvej Schou
Similar News ItemsGuillermo del Toro
- Oscar Race at Cannes: Here Are the Winners and Losers (From Thompson on Hollywood. 28 May 2017, 12:30 PM, PDT)
- Oscar Race at Cannes: Here Are the Winners and Losers (From Indiewire. 28 May 2017, 12:30 PM, PDT)
- Rumour: Damián Szifron in contention to direct Justice League Dark (From Flickeringmyth. 27 May 2017, 3:44 PM, PDT)
- Movie Review: 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales' No Walking The Plank For This One (From CineMovie. 28 May 2017, 2:49 PM, PDT)
- ‘Pirates of the Caribbean’ Sails Toward $300 Million Opening Weekend Worldwide (From Variety - Film News. 28 May 2017, 10:38 AM, PDT)
- Box Office: ‘Pirates of the Caribbean’ Hooks No. 1, ‘Baywatch’ Belly Flops (From Variety - Film News. 28 May 2017, 8:35 AM, PDT)
Gael García Bernal
- Bo Report: 'Pirates of the Caribbean 5' rules although well down on predecessor (From IF.com.au. 28 May 2017, 9:21 PM, PDT)
- Cannes: Morelia Showcases Young Mexican Film Talent at Critics’ Week (From Variety - Film News. 24 May 2017, 10:39 PM, PDT)
- Isabelle Huppert, Mariachi and a History Lesson: Cannes Celebrates Its 70th Year With a Lively Night (From Indiewire. 24 May 2017, 2:55 AM, PDT)