The "d" in "Django Unchained" might be silent, but Quentin Tarantino's newest film is anything but. The two-hour-and-45-minute homage to Spaghetti Western's brutally depicts conditions for slaves in pre-Civil War America. The incredibly violent film is R-rated for good reason: "Django Unchained" includes whippings, brandings, beatings, dog attacks and even threatened castration, all directed at slaves.
"We all intellectually 'know' the brutality and inhumanity of slavery," Tarantino reportedly said at a screening of "Django Unchained" in the U.K. on Thursday. "But after you do the research it's no longer intellectual any more, no longer just historical record –- you feel it in your bones. It makes you angry, and want to do something ... I'm here to tell you, that however bad things get in the movie, a lot worse sh-t actually happened."
Tarantino's film stars Jamie Foxx as the title character, a freed slave who goes searching »
- The Huffington Post
Similar News ItemsLeonardo DiCaprio
- Selena Gomez Flashes Major Skin With Cara Delevingne at Leonardo DiCaprio's Foundation Gala (From E! Online. 23 July 2014, 3:31 PM, PDT)
- Leonardo DiCaprio Kicks Butt, Ryan Gosling Gets The Wax Treatment + More In Last Lap (From VH1.com. 23 July 2014, 3:00 PM, PDT)
- Leonardo DiCaprio Does Karate in Skinny Jeans on a Yacht: Pictures (From Us Weekly. 23 July 2014, 1:11 PM, PDT)
- John Travolta Cannot Stop Ex-Pilot's Tell-All Lawsuit, Court Says (From The Wrap. 22 July 2014, 4:22 PM, PDT)
- A True Maverick: Top 10 Films of James Garner (1928-2014) (From SoundOnSight. 20 July 2014, 3:53 PM, PDT)
- Film Review: ‘Kite’ (From Variety - Film News. 20 July 2014, 10:13 AM, PDT)
- Sinister Six Release Date Set, The Amazing Spider-Man 3 Release Moved to 2018 (From DailyDead. 23 July 2014, 12:11 PM, PDT)
- Sony Pushes Back ‘Spider-Man 3′ to 2018, Dates ‘Sinister Six’ for 2016 (From Variety - Film News. 23 July 2014, 9:48 AM, PDT)
- Sinister Six Set For November 2016, The Amazing Spider-Man 3 Bumped Back (From We Got This Covered. 23 July 2014, 9:41 AM, PDT)