The "d" in "Django Unchained" might be silent, but Quentin Tarantino's newest film is anything but. The two-hour-and-45-minute homage to Spaghetti Western's brutally depicts conditions for slaves in pre-Civil War America. The incredibly violent film is R-rated for good reason: "Django Unchained" includes whippings, brandings, beatings, dog attacks and even threatened castration, all directed at slaves.
"We all intellectually 'know' the brutality and inhumanity of slavery," Tarantino reportedly said at a screening of "Django Unchained" in the U.K. on Thursday. "But after you do the research it's no longer intellectual any more, no longer just historical record –- you feel it in your bones. It makes you angry, and want to do something ... I'm here to tell you, that however bad things get in the movie, a lot worse sh-t actually happened."
Tarantino's film stars Jamie Foxx as the title character, a freed slave who goes searching »
- The Huffington Post
Similar News ItemsLeonardo DiCaprio
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Wax Figure Looks Exactly Like the Sherlock Star—It's Basically Him Standing There! (From E! Online. 21 October 2014, 2:03 PM, PDT)
- A look at Screen Actors Guild predictions (From Hollywoodnews.com. 21 October 2014, 10:32 AM, PDT)
- Perfect Match! Leonardo DiCaprio and Girlfriend Toni Garrn Enjoy Romantic Tennis Match—Watch Now! (From E! Online. 20 October 2014, 5:54 PM, PDT)
- Jennifer Jason Leigh For The Hateful Eight (From ShockYa. 22 October 2014, 2:13 PM, PDT)
- Trailers From Hell on Quentin Tarantino's 'Inglourious Basterds' (From Thompson on Hollywood. 22 October 2014, 9:28 AM, PDT)
- All Grown-Up! Uma Thurman Makes Red Carpet Appearance with Look-Alike Daughter Maya (From Entertainment Tonight. 22 October 2014, 8:40 AM, PDT)
- Listen to 'Annie' Anthem 'You're Never Fully Dressed Without a Smile' (From Moviefone. 22 October 2014, 6:30 AM, PDT)
- Sia Drops 'You're Never Fully Dressed Without A Smile' For 'Annie' Film (From Uinterview. 21 October 2014, 9:00 PM, PDT)
- Tina Knowles -- Backs That Thang Up On Jamie Foxx ... What Should He Do? (From TMZ. 21 October 2014, 9:00 AM, PDT)