James McAvoy, the star of such films as Wanted. The Last King Of Scotland, X-men: First Class and the upcoming Welcome To The Punch, is set to make his first appearance on the London stage since 2009 in a new West End production of MacBeth, according to an official press release today.
The production will run at Trafalgar Studios from 9 February until 27 April, 2013, and the difference with this adaptation of the Shakespeare work,is that ‘the action will play out in a dystopian Scotland brutalised by war. Under a toxic fog, Macbeth begins his tormented struggle for power fuelled by ambition and paranoia.’
Tickets are on sale now at www.macbethwestend.com. Here’s the full release.
BAFTA winning and Golden Globe nominated actor James McAvoy (The Last King of Scotland, Atonement, X-Men) will star in Shakespeare’s Macbeth, Jamie Lloyd’s (Donmar’s Passion, Broadway’s Cyrano de Bergerac, the »
- Paul Heath
Similar News ItemsSamuel L. Jackson
- New images from Marvel’s Avengers: Age of Ultron (From Flickeringmyth. 30 January 2015, 3:30 AM, PST)
- Elizabeth Olsen talks Scarlet Witch role in Avengers: Age of Ultron (From Flickeringmyth. 30 January 2015, 3:19 AM, PST)
- New Avengers: Age Of Ultron TV Spot (From EmpireOnline. 30 January 2015, 1:38 AM, PST)
X-Men: First Class (2011)
- Henry Jackman and Matthew Margeson Providing Score For Matthew Vaughn’s Kingsman: The Secret Service (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 29 January 2015, 1:29 PM, PST)
- The Best Comic Book and Graphic Novel Adaptations (From The Hollywood News. 29 January 2015, 5:00 AM, PST)
- ‘Spy Movies’ clip from Kingsman: The Secret Service (From Flickeringmyth. 29 January 2015, 1:48 AM, PST)
- Oscar Isaac Talks X-men: Apocalypse & Star Wars: The Force Awakens (From ComicBookMovie. 27 January 2015, 7:00 PM, PST)
- Sophie Turner talks playing Jean Grey in X-Men: Apocalypse and “emulating” Famke Janssen (From Flickeringmyth. 26 January 2015, 9:07 AM, PST)
- Sophie Turner on X-Men role: 'I'm trying to emulate Famke Janssen' (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 26 January 2015, 5:39 AM, PST)