Nothing says the holidays like "Downton Abbey," and this week we are celebrating its upcoming return Stateside with two new videos.
For time-strapped newcomers to the "Downton" phenomenon -- and those who just need a refresher -- PBS has produced a five-minute condensed recap of the first two seasons. From the Titanic tragedy to that proposal in the snow (swoon), the video highlights all the pivotal plot points of the first two seasons.
Despite its incongruous narration by an American, it's lovely to revisit all of our favorite characters. And for those of us who have avoided all Season 3 spoilers (it aired in the U.K. earlier this year), the new preview offers just enough to tantalize without giving anything away.
Finally, as a stocking stuffer, enjoy some of the Dowager Countess's (Maggie Smith) most cutting quips.
Season 3 of "Downton Abbey" premieres in the U.S. Sunday, Jan. 6 at 9 p. »
Similar News Items"Downton Abbey" (2010)
- Box Office Democracy: Pride and Prejudice and Zombies (From Comicmix. 9 February 2016, 11:30 AM, PST)
- The Good Wife Creators Talk Final Season, Archie Panjabi Exit: 'This Is Not a Show That Is Ending Because Anybody Hates Each Other' (From PEOPLE.com. 8 February 2016, 12:35 PM, PST)
- Will Ferrell Brings Exotic Animals To Stephen Colbert’s Post-Super Bowl ‘Late Show’ (From Deadline TV. 8 February 2016, 5:29 AM, PST)
Maggie Smith (I)
- In His High-Profile Return to TV, John Travolta Gets Noticed (From Variety - TV News. 10 February 2016, 9:00 AM, PST)
- Eddie Redmayne leading BAFTA buzz (From ScreenDaily. 8 February 2016, 10:00 PM, PST)
- The Lady In The Van – The Review (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 5 February 2016, 6:24 AM, PST)