Nothing says the holidays like "Downton Abbey," and this week we are celebrating its upcoming return Stateside with two new videos.
For time-strapped newcomers to the "Downton" phenomenon -- and those who just need a refresher -- PBS has produced a five-minute condensed recap of the first two seasons. From the Titanic tragedy to that proposal in the snow (swoon), the video highlights all the pivotal plot points of the first two seasons.
Despite its incongruous narration by an American, it's lovely to revisit all of our favorite characters. And for those of us who have avoided all Season 3 spoilers (it aired in the U.K. earlier this year), the new preview offers just enough to tantalize without giving anything away.
Finally, as a stocking stuffer, enjoy some of the Dowager Countess's (Maggie Smith) most cutting quips.
Season 3 of "Downton Abbey" premieres in the U.S. Sunday, Jan. 6 at 9 p. »
Similar News Items"Downton Abbey" (2010)
- Interview: Filmmaker Team Comes Together to Invite ‘The Guest’ (From HollywoodChicago.com. 16 September 2014, 3:45 PM, PDT)
- Director Adam Wingard and Screenwriter Simon Barrett Talk The Guest, the Fallacy of Boring Art Films, and Their Quest to Evolve (From Collider.com. 16 September 2014, 1:17 PM, PDT)
- Downton Abbey's Michelle Dockery Reveals Her Secret Alias (From E! Online. 16 September 2014, 1:00 PM, PDT)
Maggie Smith (I)
- Brie Larson and Ben Kingsley up the pedigree of Daniel Radcliffe-led 'Brooklyn Bridge' (From Hitfix. 16 September 2014, 10:36 AM, PDT)
- Gotham, Peaky Blinders, The Flash: 17 autumn TV shows you will love (From Digital Spy - TV news. 15 September 2014, 8:28 AM, PDT)
- 'Skeleton Twins' Scores Best Limited Opening since 'Boyhood' (From Thompson on Hollywood. 14 September 2014, 10:51 AM, PDT)