"Buckwild," the raucous West Virginia-based reality show that MTV has chosen to replace "Jersey Shore," is already stirring up political controversy.
West Virginia Senator Joe Manchin has reportedly written a letter to MTV demanding that the show be canceled before it even airs.
"As a proud West Virginian, I am writing to formally request that you put a stop the travesty called 'Buckwild,'" the democratic senator wrote in a letter obtained by the "Washington Post." "Instead of showcasing the beauty of our state, you preyed on young people, coaxed them into shameful behavior -- and now you are profiting from it. That is just wrong ... This show plays to ugly, inaccurate stereotypes about the people of West Virginia,” the letter continued.
John Stevens, the show's executive producer, defended the show in an interview with EW. “It’s not like looking at a train wreck," Stevens claimed. "There is »
- The Huffington Post
Similar News ItemsChris Christie (II)
- Prince Harry Visits (and Plays Boardwalk Games at) the Jersey Shore (From PEOPLE.com. 14 May 2013, 3:45 PM, PDT)
- Prince Harry Joins Harlem Kids for Baseball Game—See the Pics! (From E! Online. 14 May 2013, 2:12 PM, PDT)
- Prince Harry Gets His Game On (From Popsugar. 14 May 2013, 1:30 PM, PDT)
- 'Buckwild' Star Salwa -- Ordered to Rehab ... After That, Back To Jail (From TMZ. 4 May 2013, 12:50 AM, PDT)
- Despite 'Buckwild's' Ignominious End, Reality Television May Not Be Done With Ridiculing Rural Americans (From Huffington Post. 2 May 2013, 11:43 AM, PDT)
- 'Buckwild' Sex Tape -- Judge Orders Shae and Jesse's Porn Destroyed! (From TMZ. 23 April 2013, 5:15 AM, PDT)
Joe Manchin III
- Ted Nugent's Brother Takes Swipe At Rocker's Gun Stance (From Huffington Post. 19 May 2013, 1:34 PM, PDT)
- Historically Pro-Gun Democrat To Fox News: Gun Control Is Not Dead, We Will ‘Absolutely’ Try Another Vote (From Mediaite - TV. 28 April 2013, 8:40 AM, PDT)
- 'DC Has Always Been Sexy!' (From Huffington Post. 28 April 2013, 6:10 AM, PDT)