Tags: Feminist FridayAnita HillEllen BarkinAmy PoehlerElizabeth WarrenIMDbfeminism
This Week in Ladybits
Hang on to your foundation garments: We have some actual good news for ladybits this week.
The Oklahoma Supreme Court struck down two very anti-ladybits state laws as unconstitutional. So no forcing women to get ultrasounds, and no restricting the use of medications to end a pregnancy. Thanks for not being horrible, Oklahoma justices.
Which is not to say that there wasn’t some suckola news as well.
For example, Mississippi’s Governor Phil Bryant, who’s all about the abstinence-only sex education, blames Mississippi teens for “not caring enough” about using birth control. Not that they’re whiffing on birth control because they’re massively underinformed about it or anything. Yeah, it’s probably that not caring thing.
Just in case you need to rage up for a couch-throwing contest or something, Salon and AlterNet summed up 5 States »
- Ali Davis
Similar News ItemsAmy Poehler
- 12 Days of Bingeing? December Gets Busy With TV Series Premieres (From Variety - TV News. 26 November 2015, 11:00 AM, PST)
- Manuel Gives Thanks (From FilmExperience. 24 November 2015, 7:11 AM, PST)
- Tina Fey and Amy Poehler Party a Little Too Hard in This Exclusive Sisters Clip (From BuzzSugar. 24 November 2015, 5:00 AM, PST)
- The Lego Movie 2 Script Has Been Turned In (From We Got This Covered. 29 November 2015, 2:36 PM, PST)
- The first draft of The Lego Movie Sequel is complete (From Flickeringmyth. 28 November 2015, 9:50 AM, PST)
- Nathaniel Gives Thanks (From FilmExperience. 26 November 2015, 7:45 PM, PST)
- Win ‘The Wolfpack’ on DVD (From The Hollywood News. 26 November 2015, 12:28 AM, PST)
- ‘Point Break’ remake sends extreme sports to the world of eco-terrorism (From Hitfix. 24 November 2015, 6:06 PM, PST)
- Norwegian filmmaker Roar Uthaug set to direct Tomb Raider reboot (From JoBlo. 18 November 2015, 4:56 AM, PST)