Tags: Feminist FridayAnita HillEllen BarkinAmy PoehlerElizabeth WarrenIMDbfeminism
This Week in Ladybits
Hang on to your foundation garments: We have some actual good news for ladybits this week.
The Oklahoma Supreme Court struck down two very anti-ladybits state laws as unconstitutional. So no forcing women to get ultrasounds, and no restricting the use of medications to end a pregnancy. Thanks for not being horrible, Oklahoma justices.
Which is not to say that there wasn’t some suckola news as well.
For example, Mississippi’s Governor Phil Bryant, who’s all about the abstinence-only sex education, blames Mississippi teens for “not caring enough” about using birth control. Not that they’re whiffing on birth control because they’re massively underinformed about it or anything. Yeah, it’s probably that not caring thing.
Just in case you need to rage up for a couch-throwing contest or something, Salon and AlterNet summed up 5 States »
- Ali Davis
Similar News ItemsKathryn Bigelow
- Keanu Reeves' revolution: Matrix star to direct Chinese-backed kung fu film (From The Guardian - Film News. 20 May 2013, 4:00 PM, PDT)
- Film Review: Mira Nair’s The Reluctant Fundamentalist (From DearCinema.com. 16 May 2013, 8:50 PM, PDT)
- Tracing America's Relationship to the Middle East in Valentino's Ghost (From Village Voice. 15 May 2013, 9:00 PM, PDT)
- Will Andy Samberg and Fox Cop a Hit? (From Variety - TV News. 21 May 2013, 3:00 PM, PDT)
- Amy Poehler, Michelle Obama, Stephen Colbert & More Commencement Speeches (From PEOPLE.com. 21 May 2013, 2:15 PM, PDT)
- Amy Poehler's Flowery Cocktail Dress Needs Landscaping (From E! Online. 21 May 2013, 1:05 PM, PDT)
- Ken Jeong on Preparing Twitter For The End of ‘Community’ (From Screen Rant. 21 May 2013, 7:37 PM, PDT)
- Interview With Ken Jeong On The Hangover Part III (From We Got This Covered. 21 May 2013, 3:02 PM, PDT)
- On The Hangover Part III red carpet with Ken Jeong (From Cineplex. 21 May 2013, 1:01 PM, PDT)