Chong appeared on Current TV's "The Young Turks" on Wednesday, where he said he believes the pro-pot movement has finally been revitalized. Chong said he thinks the legalization of marijuana in Washington state and Colorado will have a sweeping impact across the nation.
"It's gonna legalize hemp. It's also going to empty the jails and we're probably going to disband the DEA," he told Current TV. Adding, "Washington and Colorado, they're just the toe into the water. The whole body's following."
Chong is optimistic about the effects of legalization. "Marijuana enhances the creative ability of artists, that's well known," he told Current TV. "That goes all the way back to Rembrandt and Van Gogh, for instance... You wouldn't have a »
- Cavan Sieczkowski
Similar News Items"The Simpsons" (1989)
- Fox reimagining 'Frankenstein' (From Hitfix. 22 October 2014, 6:17 PM, PDT)
- Goodfellas Actor Frank Sivero Sues Fox for $250 Million Over Simpsons Character He Says Is Based on Him (From E! Online. 22 October 2014, 3:43 PM, PDT)
- Netflix Orders Bill Burr Animated Comedy Series ‘F Is For Family’ (From Tubefilter News. 22 October 2014, 11:17 AM, PDT)
"South Park" (1997)
- The bonkers brilliance of Regular Show (From Den of Geek. 22 October 2014, 6:27 AM, PDT)
- Jonathan Katz on the legacy of 'Dr. Katz' and his new album 'Dr. Katz Live' (From EW.com - Inside TV. 21 October 2014, 10:29 AM, PDT)
- Watch The Simpsons Pay Tribute to Archer, South Park, Adventure Time and More (From TVovermind.com. 20 October 2014, 8:15 AM, PDT)
- Film Review: ‘The Book of Life’ Has Uninspired Tale to Tell (From HollywoodChicago.com. 16 October 2014, 9:55 PM, PDT)
- Sgn Launches Mobile Game Collaboration With Fox Digital Tied to Guillermo Del Toro's ‘Book of Life’ (From The Wrap. 7 October 2014, 6:00 AM, PDT)
- Win A Family Four-Pack of Tickets To The Advance Screening of The Book Of Life In St. Louis (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 6 October 2014, 1:57 PM, PDT)