Chong appeared on Current TV's "The Young Turks" on Wednesday, where he said he believes the pro-pot movement has finally been revitalized. Chong said he thinks the legalization of marijuana in Washington state and Colorado will have a sweeping impact across the nation.
"It's gonna legalize hemp. It's also going to empty the jails and we're probably going to disband the DEA," he told Current TV. Adding, "Washington and Colorado, they're just the toe into the water. The whole body's following."
Chong is optimistic about the effects of legalization. "Marijuana enhances the creative ability of artists, that's well known," he told Current TV. "That goes all the way back to Rembrandt and Van Gogh, for instance... You wouldn't have a »
- Cavan Sieczkowski
Similar News Items"The Simpsons" (1989)
- 10 Reasons Why We’re All Fry From Futurama (From Obsessed with Film. 10 December 2013, 1:17 AM, PST)
- Tina Fey and Amy Poehler Croon Off-Key Duet (From Rolling Stone. 9 December 2013, 1:20 PM, PST)
- The Simpsons Review: “Yellow Subterfuge” (Season 25, Episode 7) (From We Got This Covered. 9 December 2013, 9:49 AM, PST)
"South Park" (1997)
- Cancelled or Renewed? Status of Comedy Central, DirecTV, FX, Fxx, Hallmark, and Hulu TV Shows (From TVSeriesFinale. 8 December 2013, 12:35 PM, PST)
- Actor Larry and presenter George Lamb on their close father-son relationship (From The Guardian - TV News. 8 December 2013, 12:08 AM, PST)
- Vgx 2013 Highlights (From Den of Geek. 7 December 2013, 9:09 PM, PST)
- Exclusive: Dane Cook and Teri Hatcher Talk Disney's Planes (From MovieWeb. 5 December 2013, 2:26 AM, PST)
- Watch The Trailer For Machete Kills Again...In Space (From ComicBookMovie. 19 November 2013, 8:36 AM, PST)
- Channing Tatum, Zoe Saldana join del Toro animated 'Book of Life' film (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 19 October 2013, 4:00 PM, PDT)