Chong appeared on Current TV's "The Young Turks" on Wednesday, where he said he believes the pro-pot movement has finally been revitalized. Chong said he thinks the legalization of marijuana in Washington state and Colorado will have a sweeping impact across the nation.
"It's gonna legalize hemp. It's also going to empty the jails and we're probably going to disband the DEA," he told Current TV. Adding, "Washington and Colorado, they're just the toe into the water. The whole body's following."
Chong is optimistic about the effects of legalization. "Marijuana enhances the creative ability of artists, that's well known," he told Current TV. "That goes all the way back to Rembrandt and Van Gogh, for instance... You wouldn't have a »
- Cavan Sieczkowski
Similar News Items"The Simpsons" (1989)
- Footage From "The Simpsons: The Musk Who Fell To Earth" (From SneakPeek. 25 January 2015, 6:10 AM, PST)
- Joe Franklin, Television Talk Show Pioneer, Dead at 88 (From TVLine.com. 24 January 2015, 8:12 PM, PST)
- Television that Home Video Forgot: Game Over (2004) (From SoundOnSight. 24 January 2015, 6:00 AM, PST)
"South Park" (1997)
- Weekend Rock Question: What's the Best TV Show of the 1990s? (From Rolling Stone. 23 January 2015, 11:18 AM, PST)
- Infographic Shows The Many Voices of The Simpsons Actors (From GeekTyrant. 22 January 2015, 9:30 AM, PST)
- Sony reveals the best-selling games on Psn for 2014 (From Flickeringmyth. 22 January 2015, 3:16 AM, PST)
- Welcome to Hollyweed: Why TV Is Going to Pot (From The Wrap. 23 January 2015, 6:00 AM, PST)
- TVLine Items: Happyish Ellen Barkin, Revenge and Mentalist News & More (From TVLine.com. 21 November 2014, 1:21 PM, PST)
- 10 Actors You Probably Forgot Were On Lost (From Obsessed with Film. 21 November 2014, 8:19 AM, PST)