Chong appeared on Current TV's "The Young Turks" on Wednesday, where he said he believes the pro-pot movement has finally been revitalized. Chong said he thinks the legalization of marijuana in Washington state and Colorado will have a sweeping impact across the nation.
"It's gonna legalize hemp. It's also going to empty the jails and we're probably going to disband the DEA," he told Current TV. Adding, "Washington and Colorado, they're just the toe into the water. The whole body's following."
Chong is optimistic about the effects of legalization. "Marijuana enhances the creative ability of artists, that's well known," he told Current TV. "That goes all the way back to Rembrandt and Van Gogh, for instance... You wouldn't have a »
- Cavan Sieczkowski
Similar News Items"The Simpsons" (1989)
- Why 'Revenge' Is Superior To 'Mad Men' (From Huffington Post. 24 May 2013, 9:23 AM, PDT)
- Olympia Dukakis Honored With Star On Hollywood Walk of Fame (From Variety - Film News. 24 May 2013, 7:00 AM, PDT)
- America is stuck in a state of Arrested Development | Alan Yuhas (From The Guardian - TV News. 24 May 2013, 7:00 AM, PDT)
"South Park" (1997)
- Memorial Day weekend TV marathons: An A to Z guide (From EW.com - PopWatch. 25 May 2013, 5:00 AM, PDT)
- Memorial Day Marathons: What's On? (From TVfanatic. 25 May 2013, 5:00 AM, PDT)
- What To Watch This Memorial Day Weekend (From Huffington Post. 24 May 2013, 6:00 PM, PDT)
- First Look At Machete Kills Teaser (Low-Res) (From ComicBookMovie. 24 May 2013, 10:17 AM, PDT)
- Exclusive Interview: Cheech & Chong Talk Animation, Ghostbusters, Marijuana and more (From JustPressPlay. 24 May 2013, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- Rock And Roll Hall of Fame answers one great mystery of rock music: When did Rush get so cool? (From EW.com - PopWatch. 19 May 2013, 5:00 AM, PDT)