By Hannah Soo Park
A few official stills and on-set paparazzi shots are the only glimpses we've been given of Sofia Coppola's fourth directorial effort, "The Bling Ring," since it began filming earlier this year. And today, we're getting a little bit more to buzz about.
French magazine Premiere recently published a few promo snapshots of star Emma Watson's "Bling Ring" character, Nicki, sitting in a teenager's bedroom and scrutinizing her reflection as she wears a (stolen?) black dress. Previous photos from the film feature the whole gang, dressed to the nines in trendy L.A. garb, doing a whole lot of flaunting and strutting. These new images, however, emphasize a more subdued and somber aesthetic, perhaps indicating that the movie may somehow be cut from the same cloth as the teen angst-ridden "Virgin Suicides."
- MTV Movies Team
Similar News ItemsLindsay Lohan
- Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez -- Back Together ... At the Billboard Awards (From TMZ. 17 May 2013, 6:16 PM, PDT)
- Lohan Lohan snubs Brooke Mueller (From Monsters and Critics. 17 May 2013, 12:22 PM, PDT)
- Paris Hilton cried watching 'The Bling Ring': "It's so violating" (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 17 May 2013, 12:16 PM, PDT)
- First Dibs: Why Did Emma Watson’s Bling Ring Make Paris Hilton Cry? (From TheFabLife - Movies. 18 May 2013, 5:45 AM, PDT)
- 66th Cannes Film Festival Review - The Bling Ring (2013) (From Flickeringmyth. 18 May 2013, 1:39 AM, PDT)
- Quotables: Paris Hilton Cries Over Her Irrelevance and Also "The Bling Ring" (From TooFab. 17 May 2013, 3:00 PM, PDT)
Emma Watson (II)
- Cannes 2013 roundup | Tom Lamont (From The Guardian - Film News. 18 May 2013, 9:04 AM, PDT)
- See All the Stars at the Cannes Film Festival - So Far! (From Popsugar. 18 May 2013, 7:37 AM, PDT)
- Emma Watson In Cannes, Nina Dobrev & More Best Dressed Stars (From HollywoodLife. 18 May 2013, 7:14 AM, PDT)