"The Hobbit: There and Back Again" was first published in 1937. And yet, somehow, I feel compelled to say Spoiler Alert!
Peter Jackson's unexpected journey actually leads to some wonderfully familiar places. When you don your giant grey wizard's hat and venture off to Middle Earth to see "The Hobbit" (in 24 fps, for the love of Smaug) there will be more than one occasion where you'll be cued to go "Oh, hey, I remember that from the other movies!"
Of course, the short, kid-friendly book is getting the trilogy treatment of "Lord of the Rings'" three weighty tomes, so there's more than enough wiggle room to throw in a number of callbacks – many of which never existed in the original texts.
We strongly endorse chugging a mug of miruvor (so long as you are over 21) when you come across each of these moments.
Like the font!
The warm glow of »
- Jordan Hoffman
Similar News ItemsPeter Jackson (I)
- Flashback: Orlando Bloom, Adrenaline Junkie, Talks Adventures on Set of 'Lord of the Rings' (From Entertainment Tonight. 13 January 2017, 7:25 AM, PST)
- Microsoft cancels Xbox One exclusive RPG, Scalebound (From Den of Geek. 10 January 2017, 1:40 AM, PST)
- Great Job, Internet!: The internet can’t stop envisioning alternate versions of Rogue One (From The AV Club. 9 January 2017, 9:00 AM, PST)
Martin Freeman (II)
- ‘Sherlock’ Finale Leak: BBC Investigating Possible Connection to Russia’s Channel One (From Indiewire Television. 16 January 2017, 10:57 AM, PST)
- ‘Sherlock’ Finale Leak: BBC Investigating Possible Connection to Russia’s Channel One (From Indiewire. 16 January 2017, 10:57 AM, PST)
- Sherlock Season 4 Finale Hits New Ratings Low After Russian Leak (From We Got This Covered. 16 January 2017, 10:05 AM, PST)
Elijah Wood (I)
- Our 20 Most-Anticipated Films at the 2017 Sundance Film Festival (From The Film Stage. 16 January 2017, 9:31 AM, PST)
- Sundance 2017: 20 Must-See Films At This Year’s Festival (From Indiewire. 11 January 2017, 9:00 AM, PST)
- The Lonely Island: saluting 15 of their finest moments (From Den of Geek. 11 January 2017, 8:34 AM, PST)