Jon Hamm and Daniel Radcliffe's pairing in A Young Doctor's Notebook proved an unsurprisingly popular combo for Sky Arts, giving the channel the best viewing figures in its seven-year history on Thursday night.
The four-part comedy drama, adapted from Mikhail Bulgakov's autobiographical short stories and featuring the Mad Men and Harry Potter actors playing the same doctor at different stages of his life, attracted an average audience of 252,000.
Viewing of the first outing of the series, which is made by Big Talk and aired at 9pm as part of Sky Arts's Playhouse Presents, had a five-minute peak of 307,000.
This is the biggest audience the channel has attracted since BSkyB acquired Artsworld in 2005 – the service was rebranded Sky Arts two years later – according to a spokeswoman.
The previous biggest audience for the channel is understood »
- Mark Sweney
Similar News Items"Mad Men" (2007)
- Robert Redford set to join Pete’s Dragon remake (From Flickeringmyth. 18 October 2014, 3:21 AM, PDT)
- David Krumholtz, Patrick Fischler & others join Coen Brothers' Hail, Caesar! (From JoBlo. 17 October 2014, 12:35 PM, PDT)
- Watch Elisabeth Moss Very Firmly Hand Jason Schwartzman His Ass (From Vulture. 17 October 2014, 10:20 AM, PDT)
- First clip from Horns featuring Daniel Radcliffe (From Flickeringmyth. 19 October 2014, 12:18 PM, PDT)
- Devilish Daniel Radcliffe In First Clip From ‘Horns’ (From The Hollywood News. 18 October 2014, 9:30 AM, PDT)
- Every 'Simpsons' 'Treehouse of Horror' short, ranked (From EW.com - PopWatch. 18 October 2014, 9:00 AM, PDT)
- Former 'American Idol' Contestant Joanne Borgella Dies at 32 (From Entertainment Tonight. 19 October 2014, 8:06 AM, PDT)
- Joe Biden and Mariska Hargitay Team Up Against Campus Rape (From PEOPLE.com. 16 October 2014, 1:05 PM, PDT)
- Tom Cruise Nabs Top Spot on Home Video Sales Charts With ‘Edge of Tomorrow’ (From Variety - Film News. 15 October 2014, 6:20 PM, PDT)