BBC sports presenter, praised for knowledgeable, engaging style during London 2012, wins achievement of the year
Capping a summer that was almost as golden for her as it was for the winning athletes, Clare Balding was recognised on Friday for the Olympic and Paralympic coverage that prompted national admiration of her presenting skills, as she collected achievement of the year at the Women in Film and Television awards.
The sports presenter – praised for her knowledgeable, engaging style during London 2012 – was the best known of three women honoured for their roles in broadcasting the Olympic Games.
Joining her on the awards podium were Tracey Seaward, who took the producer award for her work on Danny Boyle's spectacular opening ceremony, while Barbara Slater, the BBC's first female director of sport, won the inspirational woman award.
"I take the award on behalf of all of the women in sports television," Balding said after accepting her award. »
- Vicky Frost
Similar News ItemsDanny Boyle
- Ewan McGregor’s Philip Roth Adaptation ‘American Pastoral’ Lacks Inspiration [Review] (From The Playlist. 19 October 2016, 1:28 PM, PDT)
- 21 of the Greatest Horror Films of the 21st Century (From The Hollywood News. 17 October 2016, 1:00 AM, PDT)
- Irvine Welsh adapting bestselling novel Crime for television (From The Guardian - TV News. 16 October 2016, 10:25 AM, PDT)
The Iron Lady (2011)
- Glenn Close, Jonathan Pryce, Christian Slater Confirmed as Stars of ‘The Wife’ (From Variety - Film News. 19 October 2016, 10:32 AM, PDT)
- Shoot underway on Fox Searchlight's A. A. Milne biopic (From ScreenDaily. 29 September 2016, 6:31 AM, PDT)
- First look: Domnhall Gleeson, Margot Robbie in A. A. Milne biopic (From ScreenDaily. 29 September 2016, 6:31 AM, PDT)
- The Apprentice 2016, week three – as it happened (From The Guardian - TV News. 20 October 2016, 1:59 PM, PDT)
- ITV decided not to make Bake Off bid because stars weren't signed up (From The Guardian - TV News. 20 October 2016, 12:48 AM, PDT)
- The Great British Bake Off 2016 semi-final – as it happened (From The Guardian - TV News. 19 October 2016, 1:07 PM, PDT)