By Joey Magidson
I often wonder what it must be like to be an actor or an actress caught up in the Oscar race for the very first time. The blur of events and people is dizzying just for someone covering them, so to be at the center of it all is an incredible thought to process.
Each year, a whole mess of contenders get introduced to the hustle for the first time. A few of them even manage to score nominations for their work, though many have to learn the agony of defeat before the thrill of victory. Those in the latter column sometimes wind up coming back to the race with a whole new perspective down the line and better chances at the nod.
This year, there’s a large number of previously honored men and women looking for further acting accolades, but there are no »
- Joey Magidson
Similar News ItemsKristen Stewart (I)
- Deneuve is César Award Record-Tier; Stewart Among Rare Anglophone Nominees in Last Four Decades (From Alt Film Guide. 30 January 2015, 1:36 PM, PST)
- Best Looks of the Week: Felicity Jones' Glittery Valentino Gown, Jennifer Lawrence's Plunging Prada Dress & More! (From E! Online. 30 January 2015, 11:28 AM, PST)
- Emmy Rossum Sizzles in Latest Fashion Trend, Androgyny (photos!) (From TheImproper.com. 30 January 2015, 11:27 AM, PST)
- Podcast: Laremy Watches the 'Insurgent' Trailer and Reviewing 'Black Sea', 'Project Almanac' & 'Black or White' (From Rope Of Silicon. 30 January 2015, 7:15 AM, PST)
- Exclusive Look at the Making of the Music of Anne Hathaway's 'Song One' (From Entertainment Tonight. 30 January 2015, 6:41 AM, PST)
- StreamFix: 6 Oscar Frontrunners in Great Roles on Netflix (From Hitfix. 26 January 2015, 5:31 PM, PST)
- X-Men Infographic: Uncanny facts and figures from the film franchise (From Cineplex. 30 January 2015, 10:00 AM, PST)
- 41 A-List Actors Who Bombed as Hard as Johnny Depp in ‘Mortdecai’ (From The Wrap. 28 January 2015, 7:04 AM, PST)
- Hugh Jackman Enjoys a New York Snow Day With His Puppies! (From Us Weekly. 28 January 2015, 1:50 AM, PST)