Roger Ebert, the famous film critic for the Chicago Sun-Times, has been hospitalized to receive treatment for a fractured hip. The specifics of this injury have not been released, but Ebert's wife, Chaz, posted jokingly (probably) on Twitter that the break was the result of "tricky dance moves."
"Roger in hospital with hip fracture (tricky disco dance moves) but he is doing well, asking for computer, will probably tweet."
Roger Ebert confirmed this report a few hours later:
"Yes, fracture. But no surgery needed. Details follow. :)"
Considering that the critic posted a link to a new review after that, it's safe to say that Ebert is already improving.
Ebert, a Pulitzer Prize-winner, has a recent history of serious health problems. Cancer of »
Similar News ItemsRoger Ebert
- Carrie (1976) 40th Anniversary Collector’s Edition Blu-ray Announced by Scream Factory (From DailyDead. 29 June 2016, 9:33 AM, PDT)
- Kartemquin Turns 50: How the Production Company’s Homemade Camera Shaped the History of Documentaries — Watch (From Indiewire. 24 June 2016, 11:33 AM, PDT)
- Interview: Gordon Quinn on 50th Anniversary of Kartemquin Films (From HollywoodChicago.com. 21 June 2016, 10:16 AM, PDT)
- Kartemquin: Taking A Look Back at 50 Years of Great Documentary Filmmaking – Exclusive (From Indiewire. 29 June 2016, 1:27 PM, PDT)
- 11 Best Cannes Moments, From Madonna to Jerry Lewis’ Hotel-Trashing Poodle (Photos) (From The Wrap. 11 May 2016, 4:59 PM, PDT)
- Engaging With Film At Ebertfest (From Leonard Maltin's Movie Crazy. 20 April 2016)