The only Australian short film to get accepted in 2013, The Captain, was co-written by Edgerton, Hesher director Spencer Susser, who also co-directed the film, and Taika Waititi, who wrote and directed the New Zealand film Boy.
It follows Edgerton’s acceptance into the festival for 2012 with his film Bear. This is Edgerton’s sixth short film to feature at the festival.
“It’s a huge honor for Spencer and I that The Captain has been selected to screen at Sundance especially seeing as we co-wrote it with our friend Taika Waititi who also stars in it, someone whom we met at Sundance years ago. It’s such a privilege for us to get to make films with our friends. »
- Colin Delaney
Similar News ItemsNaomi Watts
- ‘Ouija’ Scares Up Box Office Win Ahead of Keanu Reeves’ ‘John Wick’ (From Variety - Film News. 25 October 2014, 7:43 AM, PDT)
- Zach Galifianakis and Amy Ryan Talk Birdman, Working with Director of Photography Emmanuel Lubezki, Michael Keaton, and More (From Collider.com. 24 October 2014, 5:22 PM, PDT)
- Wow! Wait Until You See What the Kid from "The Ring" Is Doing Now! (From TooFab. 24 October 2014, 12:00 PM, PDT)
Zero Dark Thirty (2012)
- More New Footage In International Interstellar TV Spots (From ComicBookMovie. 25 October 2014, 5:15 AM, PDT)
- Win tickets to the Interstellar Irish premiere (From TheMovieBit. 25 October 2014, 12:02 AM, PDT)
- First 'Star Wars' Spinoff Has a Working Title and Cinematographer (From MovieWeb. 24 October 2014, 5:19 PM, PDT)
- Zoe Saldana on her hero, 'strong female characters,' and playing real women (and aliens) (From EW.com - PopWatch. 25 October 2014, 9:00 AM, PDT)
- Abu Dhabi: Image Nation Sets Doc Slate for Tyro Division (From Variety - Film News. 24 October 2014, 6:31 PM, PDT)
- Which Female Filmmaker Should Direct ‘Wonder Woman'? (Poll) (From The Wrap. 24 October 2014, 4:27 PM, PDT)