The only Australian short film to get accepted in 2013, The Captain, was co-written by Edgerton, Hesher director Spencer Susser, who also co-directed the film, and Taika Waititi, who wrote and directed the New Zealand film Boy.
It follows Edgerton’s acceptance into the festival for 2012 with his film Bear. This is Edgerton’s sixth short film to feature at the festival.
“It’s a huge honor for Spencer and I that The Captain has been selected to screen at Sundance especially seeing as we co-wrote it with our friend Taika Waititi who also stars in it, someone whom we met at Sundance years ago. It’s such a privilege for us to get to make films with our friends. »
- Colin Delaney
Similar News ItemsNaomi Watts
- Legendary Announces New King Kong Film Skull Island For 2016 (From We Got This Covered. 26 July 2014, 3:26 PM, PDT)
- The Definitive Foreign Language Horror Films: 20-11 (From SoundOnSight. 25 July 2014, 6:41 PM, PDT)
- Venice: Al Pacino, Willem Dafoe, Ethan Hawke Set for Double Duty (From The Hollywood Reporter. 24 July 2014, 5:31 PM, PDT)
- Willem Dafoe Remembers His First Mention in Variety (From Variety - Film News. 25 July 2014, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- First Look: Toronto Best Actress Candidate Jessica Chastain Stars in Liv Ullmann's 'Miss Julie' (Trailer) (From Thompson on Hollywood. 22 July 2014, 1:25 PM, PDT)
- AMPAS board elects governors (From ScreenDaily. 18 July 2014, 12:04 PM, PDT)
Zero Dark Thirty (2012)
- The Judge summoned to open 2014 Toronto International Film Festival (From Flickeringmyth. 25 July 2014, 1:52 PM, PDT)
- Halo: Nightfall Gets A Tense First Trailer, Rounds Out Cast (From We Got This Covered. 25 July 2014, 8:49 AM, PDT)
- Full trailer for Fifty Shades of Grey released (From Flickeringmyth. 24 July 2014, 11:49 AM, PDT)