Last month, Elmo puppeteer Kevin Clash resigned from the PBS program Sesame Street, in the aftermath of a scandal where he allegedly had sexual relations with underage boys. Today, we have word that Warner Bros. has stepped away from a proposed feature that Kevin Clash was developing.
The puppeteer has been developing the project since this past summer, and would have featured a new character. Here's a brief description of the story, as described in a leaked development document.
"A Calvin and Hobbes kind of movie about a kid and his stuffed animal that takes on a life of its own because of the child's imagination."
In other words, it sounds like a different version of this year's hit summer comedy Ted. It isn't known if the now-dead project was going to be shot entirely in live-action or if it would have featured CGI animation. The unnamed lead character was »
Similar News Items"Sesame Street" (1969)
- Samantha Bee was once an awesome Mother Goose on 'Sesame Street' (From Hitfix. 9 February 2016, 10:13 AM, PST)
- Quotes of the Week: Supergirl, Flash, Jane the Virgin, The Good Wife and More (From TVLine.com. 7 February 2016, 10:24 AM, PST)
- The Big Short Wins 2016 PGA Award (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 24 January 2016, 7:43 PM, PST)
Roy Lee (I)
- Producer Adam Stone Named President of Entertainment at Phenomenon (From Variety - Film News. 20 January 2016, 10:52 AM, PST)
- Contest: Win Tickets to Fan Premiere Screening of The Boy in a City Near You (From DailyDead. 19 January 2016, 1:03 PM, PST)
- Round-Up: The Boy Premiere, Hellions Blu-ray, Starry Eyes Shirt, The X-Files, Beauty & The Beast, Alien Minimates (From DailyDead. 14 January 2016, 8:06 AM, PST)
Dan Lin (I)
- 'Lethal Weapon' TV Show Gets Damon Wayans Sr. as Roger Murtaugh (From MovieWeb. 12 February 2016, 12:42 PM, PST)
- Fox Orders 'Lethal Weapon' TV Series Starring Damon Wayans, Sr (From Indiewire Television. 12 February 2016, 10:54 AM, PST)
- ‘Lethal Weapon’ Pilot Greenlit at Fox, Damon Wayans Sr. to Star (From Variety - TV News. 12 February 2016, 10:30 AM, PST)