By Colin Greten
Jj Abrams' "Star Trek" brought the long running franchise into the 21st century, capturing massive audiences and creating a whole new generation of Trekkies. The film was such a huge success that sequel rumors began to swirl as the credits started to roll.
Today, audiences finally have something tangible to salivate at in the form of the new "Star Trek Into Darkness" teaser trailer. The trailer is awesome, but what it represents is what is really exciting. It means that this movie is actually being made. While there are so many sequels and remakes being made in Hollywood these days, there are plenty of sequels that audiences have longed for years that fall by the wayside for any number of reasons.
- MTV Movies Team
Similar News ItemsJ.J. Abrams
- Henry Cavill as the Man of Steel in Superman: Flyby screen test (From Flickeringmyth. 7 December 2013, 1:04 AM, PST)
- 'Star Trek 3' hires writers Roberto Orci, Jd Payne and Patrick McKay (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 6 December 2013, 4:53 PM, PST)
- ‘Star Trek 3′ Recruits Writers to Join Roberto Orci (From Variety - Film News. 6 December 2013, 4:49 PM, PST)
Emma Stone (III)
- Doctor Octopus name-dropped in latest Daily Bugle viral article for The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (From Flickeringmyth. 7 December 2013, 1:09 AM, PST)
- Doctor Octopus Joins OsCorp in Latest The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Daily Bugle Viral (From MovieWeb. 6 December 2013, 3:33 PM, PST)
- The Flickering Myth Reaction to The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Trailer (From Flickeringmyth. 6 December 2013, 3:32 PM, PST)
Star Trek (2009)
- Writing team secured for Star Trek 3, 2016 release date likely (From Flickeringmyth. 7 December 2013, 1:09 AM, PST)
- Next Star Trek Sequel Beams Up A Pair Of New Screenwriters (From Cinema Blend. 6 December 2013, 5:14 PM, PST)
- New Writers Join Roberto Orci to Pen ‘Star Trek 3′ for 50th Anniversary Release Window (From Slash Film. 6 December 2013, 5:01 PM, PST)