Pixie cuts have become the new celebrity with stars like Anne Hathaway (her hair even has its own Twitter account... no kidding) and Miley Cyrus trading in their long locks for super short strands. And our new favorite funny girl Lena Dunham is working her cute crop in a 1960s-inspired shoot for Entertainment Weekly.
Photo: Ruven Afanador
The "Girls" writer-creator-actress pays homage to Twiggy by recreating the style icon's signature slick bouffant, full brows, geometric eyeliner and layers of false lashes. Dunham's short black-and-white manicure in Zoya Raven and Snow White nails the nod to Mod.
Makeup artist Brigitte Reiss-Anderson told our friends over at EW, "In the ‘60s, they weren’t afraid to accentuate what we might now consider a problem, to exaggerate droopy eyes, for example. They would go for it and make them droopier. I gave Lena a droopy shape and that’s what gives the look drama. »
- The Huffington Post
Similar News ItemsAnne Hathaway
- Worldview Entertainment Options Marilyn Monroe Biopic, Blonde, From Director Andrew Dominik (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 18 May 2013, 5:00 AM, PDT)
- Special Features - Man of Steel's Jimmy Olsen is now a Jenny? Blasphemy! (From Flickeringmyth. 18 May 2013, 1:37 AM, PDT)
- Warner Bros. Wins Lawsuit Over Fictional Technology in 'Dark Knight Rises' (From The Hollywood Reporter. 17 May 2013, 6:31 PM, PDT)
- Miley Cyrus & Justin Bieber Having Secret Recording Sessions Together? (From HollywoodLife. 17 May 2013, 6:11 PM, PDT)
- Miley Cyrus collaborating with Justin Bieber (From Monsters and Critics. 17 May 2013, 6:01 PM, PDT)
- Cara Delevingne's Famous Friends—See Pics of Rihanna, Rita Ora and More of the Model's Best Pals (From E! Online. 17 May 2013, 3:15 PM, PDT)
- Afternoon Delight: Katee Sackhoff's big guns in the "Riddick" trailer, Covergirl announces "Hunger Games: Catching Fire" collection (From AfterEllen.com. 17 May 2013, 2:43 PM, PDT)
- Michael B. Jordan Talks Potential “Fantastic Four” Role (From Famous Monsters of Filmland. 17 May 2013, 12:26 PM, PDT)
- Sleeper To See: Greta Gerwig Elicits Ha-Has With Indie Comedy 'Frances Ha' (From Fandango. 17 May 2013, 10:16 AM, PDT)