Last August, we reported that director Jonathan Demme had signed on to direct 11/22/63, an adaptation of Stephen King's latest novel. Today, we have word that the filmmaker has bowed out of the project. Here's what the director had to say in a recent interview, revealing he let go of the option due to creative differences with the author.
"That's off the table. This is a big book, with lots in it. And I loved certain parts of the book for the film more than Stephen did. We're friends, and I had a lot of fun working on the script, but we were too apart on what we felt should be in and what should be out of the script. I had an option and I let it go. But I hope it's moving forward, I really want to see that movie."
The story centers on Jake Epping, a young »
Similar News ItemsStephen King (I)
- CBS Jumps Back Into Miniseries Biz With ‘The Dovekeepers’ From Mark Burnett And Roma Downey (From Deadline TV. 9 December 2013, 10:05 AM, PST)
- Stephen King Mashups With Wonder Woman, Harley Quinn, Deadpool, and More Comic Characters (From FEARnet. 6 December 2013, 2:00 PM, PST)
- New Terminator TV Series Will Connect with New Films (From GeekTyrant. 6 December 2013, 2:00 PM, PST)
John F. Kennedy
- Miley Cyrus: Will She Be ‘Time’ Magazine’s Person Of The Year? (From HollywoodLife. 9 December 2013, 9:15 AM, PST)
- Watch the First Creepy Teaser for Guillermo Del Toro’s upcoming vampire series ‘The Strain’ (From SoundOnSight. 3 December 2013, 7:19 PM, PST)
- Kyra Kennedy Makes Formal Debut at Debutante Ball (From PEOPLE.com. 2 December 2013, 5:30 PM, PST)
- The 7 Most Dangerous Jobs in Horror Films (From FEARnet. 9 December 2013, 8:00 AM, PST)
- Sundance 2014 – First Look Image: Anne Hathaway in Song One (From HeyUGuys. 5 December 2013, 1:34 PM, PST)
- NY Film Critics Awards 2013 Winners: Live Updates Here (From Alt Film Guide. 3 December 2013, 12:38 PM, PST)