Last August, we reported that director Jonathan Demme had signed on to direct 11/22/63, an adaptation of Stephen King's latest novel. Today, we have word that the filmmaker has bowed out of the project. Here's what the director had to say in a recent interview, revealing he let go of the option due to creative differences with the author.
"That's off the table. This is a big book, with lots in it. And I loved certain parts of the book for the film more than Stephen did. We're friends, and I had a lot of fun working on the script, but we were too apart on what we felt should be in and what should be out of the script. I had an option and I let it go. But I hope it's moving forward, I really want to see that movie."
The story centers on Jake Epping, a young »
Similar News ItemsStephen King (I)
- Chris Evans Looking To Star In “Ten O’Clock People” (From Famous Monsters of Filmland. 20 May 2013, 11:02 PM, PDT)
- Cemetery Dance Publications Set to Unleash Stephen King’s The Dark Man This July!! (From Icons of Fright. 20 May 2013, 4:45 PM, PDT)
- Sean Penn in Talks for Paul Thomas Anderson’s Inherent Vice; Chris Evans Eyes Ten O’Clock People; Li Binbing Joins Transformers 4 (From Collider.com. 20 May 2013, 11:33 AM, PDT)
John F. Kennedy
- Exclusive: James Badge Dale Talks Coldblood and Spoilers in Iron Man 3 (From MovieWeb. 21 May 2013, 2:40 PM, PDT)
- Caroline Kennedy and fellow jurors acquit man on trial for crack dealing (From Pop2it. 21 May 2013, 8:40 AM, PDT)
- 'Mad Men' On Drugs (From Huffington Post. 20 May 2013, 10:07 AM, PDT)
- David O. Russell and Leonardo DiCaprio get hip to the "assassinating JFK" trend that's so hot right now (From The AV Club. 17 May 2013, 11:37 AM, PDT)
- Cannes 2013: The girls have gone wild in 'The Bling Ring,' Sofia Coppola's most provocative film yet (From EW.com - Inside Movies. 16 May 2013, 8:20 AM, PDT)
- Anne Hathaway Joins Song One (From MovieWeb. 15 May 2013, 4:25 PM, PDT)