Espn college football reporter Samantha Steele is engaged to NFL quarterback Christian Ponder after just a weeks-long courtship. Kids today, they really know how to hang in there for the long haul, don't they?
According to a report by E! Online, Ponder proposed to Steele by writing the words, "Marry Me" in Christmas lights. The couple has been dating since Oct. 2012. Their engagement was confirmed Dec. 4. Ah, young love ...
Twenty-four-year old Ponder was drafted by the Minnesota Vikings as 2011's twelfth overall pick. Steele, who is 26, is said to be inheriting Erin Andrews' Espn mantle.
Christian and Samantha both have ties to Texas, with Ponder growing up in the Dallas area, and Samantha being based in Austin for coverage of the Texas Longhorns. »
Similar News ItemsErin Andrews (I)
- First Look: Sharna Burgess and Artem Chigvintsev Go with the Flow for Dancing with the Stars Season 23 (From PEOPLE.com. 11 August 2016, 1:00 PM, PDT)
- Megyn Kelly May Have Been Sexually Harassed by Roger Ailes (Report) (From Variety - TV News. 19 July 2016, 9:20 AM, PDT)
- Erin Andrews Will Focus on Football Coverage In New Fox Sports Contract (From Variety - TV News. 14 July 2016, 8:55 AM, PDT)
"Marry Me" (2010)
- Here Are Your People's Choice Awards Winners! (From Moviefone. 8 January 2015, 2:07 AM, PST)
- People’s Choice Awards Winners: ‘Jane the Virgin,’ ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Win Top Honors (From The Wrap. 7 January 2015, 10:46 PM, PST)
- People’s Choice Awards 2015: Full Winners List (From Variety - Film News. 7 January 2015, 9:34 PM, PST)
Christmas Lights (2004) (TV)
- ‘Stranger Things’ Q&A: Winona Ryder and Millie Bobby Brown Talk the Binge Phenomenon (From Variety - TV News. 18 August 2016, 10:15 AM, PDT)
- Performer of the Week: Stranger Things' Millie Bobby Brown (From TVLine.com. 13 August 2016, 7:29 AM, PDT)
- Film Review: ‘Red Christmas’ (From Variety - Film News. 27 July 2016, 3:14 PM, PDT)