Espn college football reporter Samantha Steele is engaged to NFL quarterback Christian Ponder after just a weeks-long courtship. Kids today, they really know how to hang in there for the long haul, don't they?
According to a report by E! Online, Ponder proposed to Steele by writing the words, "Marry Me" in Christmas lights. The couple has been dating since Oct. 2012. Their engagement was confirmed Dec. 4. Ah, young love ...
Twenty-four-year old Ponder was drafted by the Minnesota Vikings as 2011's twelfth overall pick. Steele, who is 26, is said to be inheriting Erin Andrews' Espn mantle.
Christian and Samantha both have ties to Texas, with Ponder growing up in the Dallas area, and Samantha being based in Austin for coverage of the Texas Longhorns. »
Similar News ItemsErin Andrews
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Eliminates First Contestant of Season 25 -- Find Out Who Got Sent Home! (From Entertainment Tonight. 25 September 2017, 8:16 PM, PDT)
- Victoria Arlen Admits a Year After Regaining Ability to Walk She's 'Not Really Sure' How She's Scoring Big On DWTS (From PEOPLE.com. 25 September 2017, 7:55 PM, PDT)
- 'Dancing With the Stars': Drew Scott, Vanessa Lachey & Frankie Muniz Power Through Injuries in Week 2 (From Entertainment Tonight. 25 September 2017, 7:43 PM, PDT)
"Marry Me" (2010)
- Here Are Your People's Choice Awards Winners! (From Moviefone. 8 January 2015, 2:07 AM, PST)
- People’s Choice Awards Winners: ‘Jane the Virgin,’ ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Win Top Honors (From The Wrap. 7 January 2015, 10:46 PM, PST)
- People’s Choice Awards 2015: Full Winners List (From Variety - Film News. 7 January 2015, 9:34 PM, PST)
"ESPN College Football" (1979)
- Espn Leads Sports Emmy Nominations, Brent Musburger to Receive Lifetime Achievement Award (From Variety - TV News. 30 March 2017, 12:27 PM, PDT)
- Tim Tebow On NFL Future -- 'Figuring Out the Next Step' (Video) (From TMZ. 24 September 2015, 10:48 AM, PDT)
- Espn’s Jesse Palmer on New ‘Gma’ Role, ‘Benefits of Working for Mickey Mouse’ (From The Wrap. 3 September 2015, 4:50 PM, PDT)