Espn college football reporter Samantha Steele is engaged to NFL quarterback Christian Ponder after just a weeks-long courtship. Kids today, they really know how to hang in there for the long haul, don't they?
According to a report by E! Online, Ponder proposed to Steele by writing the words, "Marry Me" in Christmas lights. The couple has been dating since Oct. 2012. Their engagement was confirmed Dec. 4. Ah, young love ...
Twenty-four-year old Ponder was drafted by the Minnesota Vikings as 2011's twelfth overall pick. Steele, who is 26, is said to be inheriting Erin Andrews' Espn mantle.
Christian and Samantha both have ties to Texas, with Ponder growing up in the Dallas area, and Samantha being based in Austin for coverage of the Texas Longhorns. »
Similar News ItemsErin Andrews
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Crowns Winner of Season 21 (From Variety - TV News. 24 November 2015, 8:07 PM, PST)
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Awards Season 21 Winner (From The Hollywood Reporter. 24 November 2015, 6:18 PM, PST)
- 'DWTS': Bindi Irwin Shares Final Family Photo of Dad Steve Irwin (From MovieWeb. 24 November 2015, 2:47 PM, PST)
"Marry Me" (2010)
- Here Are Your People's Choice Awards Winners! (From Moviefone. 8 January 2015, 2:07 AM, PST)
- People’s Choice Awards Winners: ‘Jane the Virgin,’ ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Win Top Honors (From The Wrap. 7 January 2015, 10:46 PM, PST)
- People’s Choice Awards 2015: Full Winners List (From Variety - Film News. 7 January 2015, 9:34 PM, PST)
Christmas Lights (2004) (TV)
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' quietly confirmed what year the zombie outbreak started (From Hitfix. 24 August 2015, 9:49 AM, PDT)
- Self/Less – The Review (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 9 July 2015, 7:25 PM, PDT)
- 12 Things Girls Just Don’t Understand About Girls (From Obsessed with Film. 1 June 2015, 2:47 AM, PDT)