Espn college football reporter Samantha Steele is engaged to NFL quarterback Christian Ponder after just a weeks-long courtship. Kids today, they really know how to hang in there for the long haul, don't they?
According to a report by E! Online, Ponder proposed to Steele by writing the words, "Marry Me" in Christmas lights. The couple has been dating since Oct. 2012. Their engagement was confirmed Dec. 4. Ah, young love ...
Twenty-four-year old Ponder was drafted by the Minnesota Vikings as 2011's twelfth overall pick. Steele, who is 26, is said to be inheriting Erin Andrews' Espn mantle.
Christian and Samantha both have ties to Texas, with Ponder growing up in the Dallas area, and Samantha being based in Austin for coverage of the Texas Longhorns. »
Similar News ItemsErin Andrews
- Erin Andrews "Had No Idea" Chris Soules and Whitney Bischoff Were About to Break Up: "I Was Shocked" (From E! Online. 30 May 2015, 2:41 PM, PDT)
- TVLine Items: Married Parents Cast, Oil Renamed, Gh's New Dillon and More (From TVLine.com. 29 May 2015, 1:04 PM, PDT)
- Erin Andrews and Brittany Snow to Co-Host the 2015 Cmt Music Awards! (From E! Online. 29 May 2015, 7:00 AM, PDT)
"Marry Me" (2010)
- Here Are Your People's Choice Awards Winners! (From Moviefone. 8 January 2015, 2:07 AM, PST)
- People’s Choice Awards Winners: ‘Jane the Virgin,’ ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Win Top Honors (From The Wrap. 7 January 2015, 10:46 PM, PST)
- People’s Choice Awards 2015: Full Winners List (From Variety - Film News. 7 January 2015, 9:34 PM, PST)
Christmas Lights (2004) (TV)
- 12 Things Girls Just Don’t Understand About Girls (From Obsessed with Film. 1 June 2015, 2:47 AM, PDT)
- Sundance Review: Low-Key And Wistful 'Christmas, Again' (From The Playlist. 25 January 2015, 11:53 AM, PST)
- 2015 Sundance Trading Card Series: #2. Charles Poekel (Christmas, Again) (From ioncinema. 23 January 2015, 8:00 AM, PST)