The director attended the Marrakech Film Festival this week where he now says: "That's off the table… I had an option and I let it go. But I hope it's moving forward, I really want to see that movie."
King's novel deals with a man who travels back in time from the present to try and stop the assassination of JFK. He goes back to 1958 to start a new life that will, he hopes, allow him to change the course of history over the next few years leading up to the assassination (thus preventing it).
Demme added "This is a big book, with lots in it. And I loved certain parts of the book for the film more than Stephen did. We're friends, »
- Garth Franklin
Similar News ItemsStephen King (I)
- Welcome To Night Vale, the podcast that's like a local news Twin Peaks (From The Guardian - TV News. 14 March 2014, 5:05 PM, PDT)
- Entertainment Geekly: Does modern TV fandom actually make it harder to understand TV shows? (From EW.com - PopWatch. 14 March 2014, 3:00 PM, PDT)
- First Look: Samuel L. Jackson and John Cusack in Stephen King's Cell (From JoBlo. 14 March 2014, 12:40 PM, PDT)
The Silence of the Lambs (1991)
- Oscars®: Noah – What’s up with the 2015 Awards Race (From Hollywoodnews.com. 12 March 2014, 8:41 AM, PDT)
- Film Review: ‘Muppets Most Wanted’ (From Variety - Film News. 11 March 2014, 9:01 PM, PDT)
- Could ‘True Detective’ have been an Oscar player if it were a film? (From Hollywoodnews.com. 11 March 2014, 12:39 PM, PDT)
- Kino Lorber Acquires Nabil Ayouch’s ‘Horses Of God’ For U.S. Distribution (Exclusive) (From Variety - Film News. 3 March 2014, 7:54 AM, PST)
- Is Hannibal the best network TV series in years? (From Den of Geek. 11 February 2014, 10:50 AM, PST)
- Dallas Buyers Club – review | Mark Kermode (From The Guardian - Film News. 9 February 2014, 3:50 AM, PST)