David Mamet hasn't got much to shout about on Broadway at the moment, unlike the much-praised star of one of his two flops
The world is divided into two types of people: diehard Al Pacino fans, and the rest of us. Both were in attendance at a half-empty matinee performance this week of the Broadway revival of Glengarry Glen Ross, David Mamet's Pulitzer prize-winning 1982 depiction of a crooked Chicago real-estate office.
The faithful dutifully applauded as the curtain rose on the faded figure of the 70s superstar. As he began to speak, they leaned forward enthusiastically.
The rest of us leaned forward too. But that was only to try to grasp what Pacino was saying. At best he mumbled and muttered his opening lines, at worst the lines didn't even leave his mouth but seemed to give up the fight somewhere between his Adam's apple and his lips, before »
- Emma G Keller
Similar News Items"Boardwalk Empire" (2010)
- Michael Shannon Joins David O. Russell’s Drama Series at Amazon (Exclusive) (From Variety - TV News. 20 July 2017, 2:42 PM, PDT)
- Fahrenheit 451: Michael B. Jordan Is on Fire in HBO Movie — See First Photo (From TVLine.com. 20 July 2017, 10:51 AM, PDT)
- The Virtues: new Shane Meadows drama series on the way (From Den of Geek. 13 July 2017, 7:57 AM, PDT)
"Nurse Jackie" (2009)
- Edie Falco Says You Should Quit Your Survival Job (From Backstage. 19 July 2017, 1:00 PM, PDT)
- Exclusive: What ‘Glow’ Taught Betty Gilpin About Being a Strong Woman (From Entertainment Tonight. 19 July 2017, 12:40 PM, PDT)
- Betty Gilpin on Playing a Pro Wrestler in Netflix’s ‘Glow’: ‘It’s Like Couples Therapy’ (From Variety - TV News. 13 July 2017, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- ‘The Irishman’: 9 Things You Must Know About Martin Scorsese’s $100 Million ‘Goodfellas’ Reunion (From Indiewire. 18 July 2017, 9:43 AM, PDT)
- See The New Poster And Trailer For The Nut Job 2: Nutty By Nature (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 18 July 2017, 8:40 AM, PDT)
- Martin Scorsese and Leonardo DiCaprio Aim to Shoot ‘Killers of the Flower Moon’ Next Year (From The Film Stage. 14 July 2017, 1:34 PM, PDT)