Kristen Wiig is set to appear in the long-gestating sequel to Anchorman, the cult favourite 2004 Will Ferrell comedy about a sexist 70s San Diego news anchor named Ron Burgundy with a penchant for the ladies and a talent for playing jazz flute.
Wiig, currently hot property in Hollywood following the success of Bridesmaids last year, could play the love interest for Steve Carell's character, according to the Wrap. Carell featured in a supporting role as intellectually challenged weatherman Brick Tamland in the original movie but has since become an A-list star – the fact that Brick even has a romantic partner in the sequel suggests his screen time may be significantly upgraded this time.
- Ben Child
Similar News ItemsWill Ferrell
- The Coming Cast Crisis at ‘Saturday Night Live’ (From Variety - TV News. 19 May 2013, 9:33 AM, PDT)
- 'Anchorman 2' new trailer released - watch (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 19 May 2013, 2:31 AM, PDT)
- Anchorman 2 Teaser Trailer Dressed Up With Snake Venom (From TheHDRoom. 19 May 2013, 12:19 AM, PDT)
- New Anchorman 2 Trailer: Ron Burgundy Orders 'Fat Face' Fans To 'Stay Classy' (From Access Hollywood. 19 May 2013, 8:55 AM, PDT)
- Anchorman 2′s Latest Teaser Trailer is Still Classy, Brick-larious (From Beyond Hollywood. 19 May 2013, 7:50 AM, PDT)
- ‘Stay Classy’ – Awesome New Teaser Trailer for Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues (From HeyUGuys. 19 May 2013, 6:06 AM, PDT)
- New trailer for Anchorman: The Legend Continues (From Flickeringmyth. 19 May 2013, 2:18 PM, PDT)
- Justin Theroux: Did He Have a Bachelor Party in N.Y.C.? (From PEOPLE.com. 19 May 2013, 12:00 PM, PDT)
- 'Arrested Development': Creator Mitchell Hurwitz talks new season, movie and... bees (From EW.com - Inside TV. 17 May 2013, 3:07 PM, PDT)