Kristen Wiig is set to appear in the long-gestating sequel to Anchorman, the cult favourite 2004 Will Ferrell comedy about a sexist 70s San Diego news anchor named Ron Burgundy with a penchant for the ladies and a talent for playing jazz flute.
Wiig, currently hot property in Hollywood following the success of Bridesmaids last year, could play the love interest for Steve Carell's character, according to the Wrap. Carell featured in a supporting role as intellectually challenged weatherman Brick Tamland in the original movie but has since become an A-list star – the fact that Brick even has a romantic partner in the sequel suggests his screen time may be significantly upgraded this time.
- Ben Child
Similar News ItemsWill Ferrell (I)
- Will Ferrell and Amy Poehler’s ‘The House’ Casts Ryan Simpkins (From Variety - Film News. 28 August 2015, 6:18 PM, PDT)
- Ryan Simpkins Joins ‘The House’ With Will Ferrell And Amy Poehler (From Deadline. 28 August 2015, 2:08 PM, PDT)
- ‘Wolf of Wall Street’ Producers Developing Horror Film (From Variety - Film News. 27 August 2015, 5:00 PM, PDT)
- Two new posters for Freeheld starring Julianne Moore and Ellen Page (From Flickeringmyth. 28 August 2015, 10:00 PM, PDT)
- Woody Allen Already Replaced Bruce Willis With ... (From Cinema Blend. 28 August 2015, 6:25 PM, PDT)
- Woody Allen Comedy Boots Bruce Willis, Brings in Steve Carell (From MovieWeb. 28 August 2015, 5:26 PM, PDT)
- Justin Bieber ‘What Do You Mean?’ Celebrity Countdown: Complete List (From The Wrap. 27 August 2015, 8:25 PM, PDT)
- Owen Wilson Teases Hansel’s Role In Fashion Sequel Zoolander 2 (From We Got This Covered. 27 August 2015, 9:49 AM, PDT)
- Bryan Cranston joins James Franco in comedy Why Him? (From JoBlo. 26 August 2015, 5:46 AM, PDT)