Kristen Wiig is set to appear in the long-gestating sequel to Anchorman, the cult favourite 2004 Will Ferrell comedy about a sexist 70s San Diego news anchor named Ron Burgundy with a penchant for the ladies and a talent for playing jazz flute.
Wiig, currently hot property in Hollywood following the success of Bridesmaids last year, could play the love interest for Steve Carell's character, according to the Wrap. Carell featured in a supporting role as intellectually challenged weatherman Brick Tamland in the original movie but has since become an A-list star – the fact that Brick even has a romantic partner in the sequel suggests his screen time may be significantly upgraded this time.
- Ben Child
Similar News ItemsWill Ferrell (I)
- "Zoolander 2" Trailer Broke A Comedy Record (From Dark Horizons. 27 November 2015, 10:01 AM, PST)
- ‘Zoolander 2’ Trailer Sets Record for Most Online Views for a Comedy (From Variety - Film News. 27 November 2015, 8:27 AM, PST)
- New poster and two TV spots for Daddy’s Home starring Will Ferrell and Mark Wahlberg (From Flickeringmyth. 24 November 2015, 11:00 PM, PST)
- A first crack at SAG predictions (From Hollywoodnews.com. 27 November 2015, 1:28 PM, PST)
- Christian Bale Knows More than the Government in The Big Short (From Filmonic. 26 November 2015, 4:30 PM, PST)
- Brad Pitt and Ryan Gosling Compete For Hottest Actor on the Red Carpet (From Popsugar. 25 November 2015, 10:00 AM, PST)
- Zoolander 2 sets record for most trailer views for a comedy (From Flickeringmyth. 28 November 2015, 7:15 AM, PST)
- 'Zoolander 2' Trailer Just Broke This Comedy Record (From MovieWeb. 27 November 2015, 1:59 PM, PST)
- Zoolander 2 Trailer Receives 52.2 Million Views In First Week Of Release (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 27 November 2015, 1:21 PM, PST)