Kristen Wiig is set to appear in the long-gestating sequel to Anchorman, the cult favourite 2004 Will Ferrell comedy about a sexist 70s San Diego news anchor named Ron Burgundy with a penchant for the ladies and a talent for playing jazz flute.
Wiig, currently hot property in Hollywood following the success of Bridesmaids last year, could play the love interest for Steve Carell's character, according to the Wrap. Carell featured in a supporting role as intellectually challenged weatherman Brick Tamland in the original movie but has since become an A-list star – the fact that Brick even has a romantic partner in the sequel suggests his screen time may be significantly upgraded this time.
- Ben Child
Similar News ItemsWill Ferrell
- Hank Azaria’s Voice To Watch Over ‘Bordertown’ (From The Hollywood News. 21 July 2014, 8:34 AM, PDT)
- Kanye West is a blowfish, and other ridiculous things from his 'GQ' interview (From EW.com - PopWatch. 21 July 2014, 8:30 AM, PDT)
- 14 Ben & Jerry's Flavors Named After Celebrities! (From Entertainment Tonight. 20 July 2014, 7:55 PM, PDT)
- Toronto Film Festival lineup announced -- Breaking (From EW.com - Inside Movies. 22 July 2014, 7:47 AM, PDT)
- Sex, Drugs, Shock and Lol: A Quick and Dirty History of the Raunch-Com (From Rolling Stone. 18 July 2014, 8:30 AM, PDT)
- 'Mad Men,' you're in good company: 9 cruelest cast snubs at the Emmys' (From Gold Derby. 17 July 2014, 5:39 AM, PDT)
- Toronto 2014 unveils first wave (From ScreenDaily. 22 July 2014, 8:50 AM, PDT)
- Toronto Film Festival Lineup Includes Denzel Washington’s ‘Equalizer,’ Kate Winslet’s ‘A Little Chaos’ (From Variety - Film News. 22 July 2014, 7:46 AM, PDT)
- Toronto International Film Festival (Tiff) Lineup Announced (From We Got This Covered. 22 July 2014, 7:27 AM, PDT)