Kristen Wiig is set to appear in the long-gestating sequel to Anchorman, the cult favourite 2004 Will Ferrell comedy about a sexist 70s San Diego news anchor named Ron Burgundy with a penchant for the ladies and a talent for playing jazz flute.
Wiig, currently hot property in Hollywood following the success of Bridesmaids last year, could play the love interest for Steve Carell's character, according to the Wrap. Carell featured in a supporting role as intellectually challenged weatherman Brick Tamland in the original movie but has since become an A-list star – the fact that Brick even has a romantic partner in the sequel suggests his screen time may be significantly upgraded this time.
- Ben Child
Similar News ItemsWill Ferrell
- Will Ferrell’s ‘Daddy’s Home’ Gets California Film Tax Credit (Exclusive) (From Variety - Film News. 12 December 2013, 4:36 AM, PST)
- Ron Burgundy and Robin Thicke Cover "Ride Like the Wind" for Anchorman 2 and It's Awesome—Listen! (From E! Online. 11 December 2013, 4:59 PM, PST)
- The HeyUGuys Premiere Interviews: Will Ferrell, Steve Carrell & The Cast of Anchorman 2 (From HeyUGuys. 11 December 2013, 1:11 PM, PST)
- Adam Sandler Is The Worst Deal In Hollywood, According To Forbes (From We Got This Covered. 12 December 2013, 8:05 AM, PST)
- Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues London Premiere (From EmpireOnline. 12 December 2013, 6:14 AM, PST)
- Olly Murs, Made in Chelsea stars dress up for Anchorman 2 UK premiere (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 12 December 2013, 5:40 AM, PST)
- Ring In Golden Globe Noms With Fandango’s ‘Frontrunners’ (From Tubefilter News. 12 December 2013, 7:51 AM, PST)
- Golden Globes: 17 Biggest Movie Snubs and Surprises (From Variety - Film News. 12 December 2013, 7:38 AM, PST)
- Shark Attack Clip from The Secret Life Of Walter Mitty (From GeekTyrant. 12 December 2013, 7:30 AM, PST)