Kristen Wiig is set to appear in the long-gestating sequel to Anchorman, the cult favourite 2004 Will Ferrell comedy about a sexist 70s San Diego news anchor named Ron Burgundy with a penchant for the ladies and a talent for playing jazz flute.
Wiig, currently hot property in Hollywood following the success of Bridesmaids last year, could play the love interest for Steve Carell's character, according to the Wrap. Carell featured in a supporting role as intellectually challenged weatherman Brick Tamland in the original movie but has since become an A-list star – the fact that Brick even has a romantic partner in the sequel suggests his screen time may be significantly upgraded this time.
- Ben Child
Similar News ItemsWill Ferrell (I)
- BFI London Film Festival 2015: ‘SNL’ doc ‘Live from New York!’ lacks bite (From SoundOnSight. 7 October 2015, 5:53 PM, PDT)
- Funny or Die’s Production Chief on Why Will Ferrell-Adam McKay Project Isn’t ‘SNL,’ Billy Eichner’s Big Move (From The Wrap. 7 October 2015, 11:47 AM, PDT)
- What's New on TV, Netflix, Digital, and DVD/Blu-ray This Week: October 5-11 (From Moviefone. 5 October 2015, 6:30 AM, PDT)
- What if Alien's Ripley was a man? 6 great female roles that were written as male (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 8 October 2015, 7:28 AM, PDT)
- Woody Allen Goes Digital, "Blade Runner 2" In 3D (From Dark Horizons. 8 October 2015, 5:02 AM, PDT)
- Paramount Movies To Be Distributed By Toho-Towa In Japan Under New Entity (From Deadline. 8 October 2015, 4:50 AM, PDT)
- Jon Stewart -- Mad Props From WWE Legends ... Best Celeb Cameo Ever!! (Video) (From TMZ. 4 October 2015, 12:45 AM, PDT)
- Jake Gyllenhaal and Benedict Cumberbatch to star in The Current War (From Flickeringmyth. 24 September 2015, 11:21 PM, PDT)
- Benedict Cumberbatch & Jake Gyllenhaal Will Do Battle In 'The Current War' For Director Alfonso Gomez-Rejon (From The Playlist. 24 September 2015, 1:14 PM, PDT)