Kristen Wiig is set to appear in the long-gestating sequel to Anchorman, the cult favourite 2004 Will Ferrell comedy about a sexist 70s San Diego news anchor named Ron Burgundy with a penchant for the ladies and a talent for playing jazz flute.
Wiig, currently hot property in Hollywood following the success of Bridesmaids last year, could play the love interest for Steve Carell's character, according to the Wrap. Carell featured in a supporting role as intellectually challenged weatherman Brick Tamland in the original movie but has since become an A-list star – the fact that Brick even has a romantic partner in the sequel suggests his screen time may be significantly upgraded this time.
- Ben Child
Similar News ItemsWill Ferrell (I)
- What's New on TV, Netflix, Digital, and DVD/Blu-ray This Week: October 5-11 (From Moviefone. 5 October 2015, 6:30 AM, PDT)
- Yes, That Was Will Ferrell in Last Man on Earth—See a Photo of the Funnyman with Will Forte on Set! (From E! Online. 4 October 2015, 7:00 PM, PDT)
- Billy Eichner on the joy of screaming at Michelle Obama: 'I didn't pull back' (From Hitfix. 30 September 2015, 1:41 PM, PDT)
- Phyllis Smith Opening Up About the End of The Office Will Make You Miss It So Much (From BuzzSugar. 6 October 2015, 12:15 PM, PDT)
- Ellen Page set to take on Flatliners remake (From Flickeringmyth. 6 October 2015, 2:30 AM, PDT)
- Ellen Page in Talks to Star in ‘Flatliners’ Remake (Exclusive) (From Variety - Film News. 5 October 2015, 3:30 PM, PDT)
- Jon Stewart -- Mad Props From WWE Legends ... Best Celeb Cameo Ever!! (Video) (From TMZ. 4 October 2015, 12:45 AM, PDT)
- Jake Gyllenhaal and Benedict Cumberbatch to star in The Current War (From Flickeringmyth. 24 September 2015, 11:21 PM, PDT)
- Benedict Cumberbatch & Jake Gyllenhaal Will Do Battle In 'The Current War' For Director Alfonso Gomez-Rejon (From The Playlist. 24 September 2015, 1:14 PM, PDT)