Kristen Wiig is set to appear in the long-gestating sequel to Anchorman, the cult favourite 2004 Will Ferrell comedy about a sexist 70s San Diego news anchor named Ron Burgundy with a penchant for the ladies and a talent for playing jazz flute.
Wiig, currently hot property in Hollywood following the success of Bridesmaids last year, could play the love interest for Steve Carell's character, according to the Wrap. Carell featured in a supporting role as intellectually challenged weatherman Brick Tamland in the original movie but has since become an A-list star – the fact that Brick even has a romantic partner in the sequel suggests his screen time may be significantly upgraded this time.
- Ben Child
Similar News ItemsWill Ferrell
- Casting Net: Megan Fox takes female lead in 'Zeroville' opposite James Franco (From EW.com - Inside Movies. 24 October 2014, 4:55 PM, PDT)
- Jim Parsons to Lead NBC’s Animated Elf: Buddy’S Musical Christmas TV Special (From Collider.com. 24 October 2014, 3:44 PM, PDT)
- NBC Turns Will Ferrell's 'Elf' Into an Animated Christmas Special (From MovieWeb. 24 October 2014, 3:28 PM, PDT)
- 2014 Gotham Award Nominations Bode Well For Boyhood And The Grand Budapest Hotel (From We Got This Covered. 24 October 2014, 11:25 AM, PDT)
- Jennifer Garner Speaks Out Against Sexism in Hollywood (From Entertainment Tonight. 24 October 2014, 11:22 AM, PDT)
- Podcast #134: Steve Carell, David Ayer (From EmpireOnline. 23 October 2014, 5:01 PM, PDT)
- The 31 Best Comedies on Netflix Right Now (From Moviefone. 23 October 2014, 4:00 AM, PDT)
- Matthew McConaughey Shows Off His Adorable Kids (From Entertainment Tonight. 22 October 2014, 11:15 AM, PDT)
- Katie Couric, 4 Months After Her Wedding: 'The Honeymoon Isn't Over' (From PEOPLE.com. 19 October 2014, 12:45 PM, PDT)