Kristen Wiig is set to appear in the long-gestating sequel to Anchorman, the cult favourite 2004 Will Ferrell comedy about a sexist 70s San Diego news anchor named Ron Burgundy with a penchant for the ladies and a talent for playing jazz flute.
Wiig, currently hot property in Hollywood following the success of Bridesmaids last year, could play the love interest for Steve Carell's character, according to the Wrap. Carell featured in a supporting role as intellectually challenged weatherman Brick Tamland in the original movie but has since become an A-list star – the fact that Brick even has a romantic partner in the sequel suggests his screen time may be significantly upgraded this time.
- Ben Child
Similar News ItemsWill Ferrell
- Kristen Wiig is Happy, Disgusted, Excited and Bored in the Welcome to Me Trailer (From FilmSchoolRejects. 30 January 2015, 6:57 PM, PST)
- Jimmy Fallon's "Best of 'Ew!' Supercut" Is Star-Studded and Hilarious: Watch the Video Now! (From E! Online. 30 January 2015, 4:45 PM, PST)
- Kristen Wiig’s Bizarre Comedy ‘Welcome to Me’ Releases First Trailer (Video) (From The Wrap. 30 January 2015, 3:27 PM, PST)
- Santa Barbara makes way for nominees, movers, shakers and more (From Hitfix. 30 January 2015, 11:20 AM, PST)
- Updated Oscar Predictions going into February (From Hollywoodnews.com. 30 January 2015, 7:22 AM, PST)
- Oscars Poll: Who's Really ahead to win Best Actor?' (From Gold Derby. 29 January 2015, 3:03 PM, PST)
- SquareOne aquires Woman In Gold for Germany, Austria (From ScreenDaily. 30 January 2015, 7:16 AM, PST)
- Berlin: SquareOne Takes ‘Woman In Gold’ for Germany, Austria (From Variety - Film News. 30 January 2015, 3:10 AM, PST)
- ‘Nightly Show’ Gives Comedy Central Jolt of Energy Post-Colbert (From Variety - TV News. 29 January 2015, 10:00 AM, PST)