Kristen Wiig is set to appear in the long-gestating sequel to Anchorman, the cult favourite 2004 Will Ferrell comedy about a sexist 70s San Diego news anchor named Ron Burgundy with a penchant for the ladies and a talent for playing jazz flute.
Wiig, currently hot property in Hollywood following the success of Bridesmaids last year, could play the love interest for Steve Carell's character, according to the Wrap. Carell featured in a supporting role as intellectually challenged weatherman Brick Tamland in the original movie but has since become an A-list star – the fact that Brick even has a romantic partner in the sequel suggests his screen time may be significantly upgraded this time.
- Ben Child
Similar News ItemsWill Ferrell
- ‘Friends’ Reunion: Jennifer Aniston, Courteney Cox, Lisa Kudrow Read Fan Faction on ‘Kimmel’ (Video) (From The Wrap. 27 August 2014, 11:44 PM, PDT)
- ‘Looney Tunes’ Spin-Off Heats Up With ‘X-Men’ Scribes, ‘Focus’ Directors (From Variety - Film News. 27 August 2014, 10:48 AM, PDT)
- 10 Most Shocking Moments From Summer 2014 Movies (From Obsessed with Film. 26 August 2014, 10:30 AM, PDT)
- Steve Carell’s ‘Foxcatcher’ to Receive Gala Premiere at London Film Festival (From Variety - Film News. 29 August 2014, 5:55 AM, PDT)
- New trailer for Foxcatcher starring Steve Carell, Channing Tatum and Mark Ruffalo (From Flickeringmyth. 29 August 2014, 5:00 AM, PDT)
- Foxcatcher set for London Film Festival (From ScreenDaily. 29 August 2014, 5:00 AM, PDT)
- Everyone Says I Love Woody – What Romantic Comedies Owe to Mr. Allen (From HeyUGuys. 29 August 2014, 5:00 AM, PDT)
- Harmontown Gets Its First Trailer (From We Got This Covered. 29 August 2014, 2:18 AM, PDT)
- Harmontown Trailer: Go on the Road With the Genius Behind Community and Rick And Morty (From Collider.com. 28 August 2014, 4:26 PM, PDT)