Kristen Wiig is set to appear in the long-gestating sequel to Anchorman, the cult favourite 2004 Will Ferrell comedy about a sexist 70s San Diego news anchor named Ron Burgundy with a penchant for the ladies and a talent for playing jazz flute.
Wiig, currently hot property in Hollywood following the success of Bridesmaids last year, could play the love interest for Steve Carell's character, according to the Wrap. Carell featured in a supporting role as intellectually challenged weatherman Brick Tamland in the original movie but has since become an A-list star – the fact that Brick even has a romantic partner in the sequel suggests his screen time may be significantly upgraded this time.
- Ben Child
Similar News ItemsWill Ferrell (I)
- 20 Times Celebrities Absolutely Nailed It With Graduation Speeches (From Popsugar. 28 May 2015, 12:35 PM, PDT)
- Natalie Portman Talks Hangovers and 'Dark Moments' During Harvard Class Day Speech (From TooFab. 28 May 2015, 8:00 AM, PDT)
- Animal House, Old School, Clueless and More! We Countdown the Top Party Scenes of All Time (From E! Online. 27 May 2015, 11:30 AM, PDT)
- ‘Banshee’ Co-Creator Signs Overall with HBO and Cinemax (From Variety - TV News. 28 May 2015, 12:15 PM, PDT)
- 'Mad Men' 2015 Emmys Ads Aim to Get Jon Hamm His First Win — Will It Work? (From Indiewire Television. 27 May 2015, 10:12 AM, PDT)
- 'Mad Men' 2015 Emmys Ads Aim to Get Jon Hamm His First Win — Will It Work? (From Indiewire. 27 May 2015, 10:12 AM, PDT)
- Watch: First 8 Minutes of Cameron Crowe’s ‘Aloha’ (From Variety - Film News. 28 May 2015, 3:37 PM, PDT)
- Cameron Crowe returns to the big screen with “Aloha” (From Hollywoodnews.com. 26 May 2015, 11:56 AM, PDT)
- Anne Meara obituary (From The Guardian - TV News. 26 May 2015, 8:49 AM, PDT)