Kristen Wiig is set to appear in the long-gestating sequel to Anchorman, the cult favourite 2004 Will Ferrell comedy about a sexist 70s San Diego news anchor named Ron Burgundy with a penchant for the ladies and a talent for playing jazz flute.
Wiig, currently hot property in Hollywood following the success of Bridesmaids last year, could play the love interest for Steve Carell's character, according to the Wrap. Carell featured in a supporting role as intellectually challenged weatherman Brick Tamland in the original movie but has since become an A-list star – the fact that Brick even has a romantic partner in the sequel suggests his screen time may be significantly upgraded this time.
- Ben Child
Similar News ItemsWill Ferrell (I)
- ‘Office Christmas Party’ Trailer: Kate McKinnon, Jason Bateman & More Go Wild For The Holidays (From Indiewire. 26 July 2016, 9:49 AM, PDT)
- Watch The Trailer For Jaw Dropping Documentary Tickled (From TheMovieBit. 26 July 2016, 4:14 AM, PDT)
- News Shorts: July 25th 2016 (From Dark Horizons. 25 July 2016, 6:02 AM, PDT)
- CAFÉ Society – Review (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 28 July 2016, 4:37 PM, PDT)
- Cult British Comedy 'Peep Show' Gets Starz Adaptation (From Rolling Stone. 27 July 2016, 11:32 AM, PDT)
- Sierra/Affinity dances with silver dollar comedy 'Poms' (From ScreenDaily. 27 July 2016, 10:51 AM, PDT)
- ‘Ghostbusters’ Hillary Clinton Tweet Deleted, Sony Denies Political Endorsement (From The Wrap. 29 July 2016, 12:43 PM, PDT)
- Jared Hess Heist Drama Masterminds Re-Emerges With All-New Trailer (From We Got This Covered. 29 July 2016, 7:58 AM, PDT)
- Watch: New 2016 Trailer for Ensemble Heist Comedy 'Masterminds' (From FirstShowing.net. 29 July 2016, 5:08 AM, PDT)