Kristen Wiig is set to appear in the long-gestating sequel to Anchorman, the cult favourite 2004 Will Ferrell comedy about a sexist 70s San Diego news anchor named Ron Burgundy with a penchant for the ladies and a talent for playing jazz flute.
Wiig, currently hot property in Hollywood following the success of Bridesmaids last year, could play the love interest for Steve Carell's character, according to the Wrap. Carell featured in a supporting role as intellectually challenged weatherman Brick Tamland in the original movie but has since become an A-list star – the fact that Brick even has a romantic partner in the sequel suggests his screen time may be significantly upgraded this time.
- Ben Child
Similar News ItemsWill Ferrell
- Kevin Hart and Jamie Foxx to Play Movie Hit Men (From Vulture. 11 March 2014, 11:45 AM, PDT)
- Jamie Foxx and Kevin Hart in Talks to Star in Black Phantom; Tim Story May Direct (From Collider.com. 11 March 2014, 11:42 AM, PDT)
- Movie News: Ricky Bobby Controversy; Jason Sudeikis, the New 'Fletch;' Colin Firth in 'Devil's Knot' Trailer (From Movies.com. 11 March 2014, 9:00 AM, PDT)
- Barack Obama Slays Zach Galifianakis on "Between Two Ferns" (From Hitfix. 11 March 2014, 11:15 AM, PDT)
- Steve Carell Has a Laundromat Date in 'Anchorman 2' Clip | Exclusive (From MovieWeb. 10 March 2014, 6:02 PM, PDT)
- Premature Oscar Predictions: The 2015 Best Actor Contenders (From The Playlist. 10 March 2014, 11:49 AM, PDT)
- Grading Mojo's Holiday Forecast (From BoxOfficeMojo.com. 11 March 2014, 2:21 PM, PDT)
- Mark Wahlberg to be honoured with MTV Generation Award (From Flickeringmyth. 11 March 2014, 10:49 AM, PDT)
- Cool Videos: Between Two Ferns with Zach Galifianakis and...President Obama? (From JoBlo. 11 March 2014, 3:53 AM, PDT)