Kristen Wiig is set to appear in the long-gestating sequel to Anchorman, the cult favourite 2004 Will Ferrell comedy about a sexist 70s San Diego news anchor named Ron Burgundy with a penchant for the ladies and a talent for playing jazz flute.
Wiig, currently hot property in Hollywood following the success of Bridesmaids last year, could play the love interest for Steve Carell's character, according to the Wrap. Carell featured in a supporting role as intellectually challenged weatherman Brick Tamland in the original movie but has since become an A-list star – the fact that Brick even has a romantic partner in the sequel suggests his screen time may be significantly upgraded this time.
- Ben Child
Similar News ItemsWill Ferrell (I)
- Get Hard – The Review (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 26 March 2015, 9:30 PM, PDT)
- Can't-Miss Celebrity Pics! (From Popsugar. 26 March 2015, 8:49 PM, PDT)
- Alison Brie Talks Get Hard and Sleeping With Other People (From Collider.com. 26 March 2015, 7:52 PM, PDT)
- Before 'Get Hard,' Ranking 9 Will Ferrell Comedies from Foul to Funny (From Thompson on Hollywood. 25 March 2015, 9:01 AM, PDT)
- Kendrick Spirit: Jeffrey Blitz Reteams With Rocket Science Thesp for “Table 19″ (From ioncinema. 24 March 2015, 1:30 PM, PDT)
- 'The Office' 10 Years Later: Why Michael Scott is One of the Most Original Characters of All Time (From Indiewire Television. 24 March 2015, 11:22 AM, PDT)
- While We’re Young: Ben Stiller in Crisis Mode (From Leonard Maltin's Movie Crazy. 27 March 2015)
- Amanda Seyfried Talks While We’Re Young and Ted 2 (From Collider.com. 26 March 2015, 6:06 PM, PDT)
- Exclusive 1:1 Interview: Amanda Seyfried talks While We're Young (From JoBlo. 26 March 2015, 5:55 PM, PDT)