Kristen Wiig is set to appear in the long-gestating sequel to Anchorman, the cult favourite 2004 Will Ferrell comedy about a sexist 70s San Diego news anchor named Ron Burgundy with a penchant for the ladies and a talent for playing jazz flute.
Wiig, currently hot property in Hollywood following the success of Bridesmaids last year, could play the love interest for Steve Carell's character, according to the Wrap. Carell featured in a supporting role as intellectually challenged weatherman Brick Tamland in the original movie but has since become an A-list star – the fact that Brick even has a romantic partner in the sequel suggests his screen time may be significantly upgraded this time.
- Ben Child
Similar News ItemsWill Ferrell (I)
- Will Ferrell and Mark Wahlberg Insulting Each other on the Scott Mills show is Hilarious (From TVovermind.com. 26 February 2017, 8:00 AM, PST)
- Razzies 2017: Batman v Superman and Hillary’s America “win” big at the Golden Raspberry Awards (From Flickeringmyth. 25 February 2017, 1:04 PM, PST)
- Razzie Awards 2017: Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice Nabs 4 Honors (From We Got This Covered. 25 February 2017, 9:44 AM, PST)
- Illumination Names Peter Schube to Chief Operating Officer (From The Wrap. 23 February 2017, 3:45 PM, PST)
- Richard Linklater Directs PSA Slamming Texas’ Anti-Transgender Bathroom Bill — Watch (From Indiewire. 21 February 2017, 1:54 PM, PST)
- Constance Zimmer to Guest Star on ‘Angie Tribeca’ (Exclusive) (From Variety - TV News. 16 February 2017, 3:06 PM, PST)
- 2017 Razzie Award Winners Announced (From Cinelinx. 25 February 2017, 7:56 PM, PST)
- ‘Toni Erdmann’ Remake: Maren Ade Praises Jack Nicholson, Says She Will ‘Definitely Not Be Involved’ (From Variety - Film News. 25 February 2017, 5:32 PM, PST)
- 2017 Independent Spirit Awards: The Best Things Winners Casey Affleck, Isabelle Huppert and More Said Backstage (From Indiewire. 25 February 2017, 4:53 PM, PST)