Paramount Pictures has released the first footage from J.J. Abrams' hotly-anticipated and hugely-secretive sci-fi sequel Star Trek Into Darkness, with iTunes debuting a rather splendid one-minute 'online exclusive' teaser trailer which should leave both Trekkers and non-Trekkers giddy with anticipation for the film's arrival this coming May.
Star Trek Into Darkness reunites Abrams with the cast of his 2009 reboot, with Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto, Zoe Saldana, Karl Urban, Simon Pegg, John Cho and Anton Yelchin all returning to crew the USS Enterprise as they square off against Benedict Cumberbatch's (Sherlock) as-yet-unrevealed villain. Also joining the cast of the sequel are Alice Eve (Men in Black 3), Peter Weller (RoboCop), Nazneen Contractor (24), Noel Clarke (Doctor Who) and Nolan North (Young Justice).
Similar News ItemsJ.J. Abrams
- EA Says Need For Speed 2015 Already “Looking Spectacular,” Star Wars Battlefront Has Huge Potential (From We Got This Covered. 29 January 2015, 4:40 AM, PST)
- Read Patton Oswalt's Epic Rant About Star Wars Racists (From Cinema Blend. 28 January 2015, 5:22 PM, PST)
- Flashback: Keri Russell on 'Felicity' Fame: 'Everyone Kind of Wants a Piece of You' (From Entertainment Tonight. 28 January 2015, 11:39 AM, PST)
- Thn Interview: Jack O’Connell Discusses His Ee BAFTA Rising Star Nomination (From The Hollywood News. 26 January 2015, 4:30 AM, PST)
- Ee BAFTA Rising Star: Who Gets Your Vote? (From The Hollywood News. 20 January 2015, 3:30 AM, PST)
- Digital Spy's rising stars for 2015: Joe Cole, Karla Crome and more (From Digital Spy - TV news. 9 January 2015, 9:00 AM, PST)
Peter Jackson (I)
- Here's Why The Hobbit Films Suck in Comparison to The Lord Of The Rings (From GeekTyrant. 29 January 2015, 11:00 AM, PST)
- Damien Chazelle or Paul Thomas Anderson Could Become Fifth Adapted Screenplay Winner to Also Direct the Film (From Scott Feinberg. 29 January 2015, 6:42 AM, PST)
- 10 Simple Fixes That Would Have Made The Hobbit Awesome (From Obsessed with Film. 28 January 2015, 10:34 AM, PST)