I won’t say it. I won’t. Ok, fine:
“Say hello to my little friend!”
You learn something new every day. It may count against my cred as a film blogger/cinephile extraordinaire, but I did not know that there was a Scarface remake in the pipeline until about ten minutes ago. But there is, and now we know his ethnicity too! Which was apparently a bit of a secret up until now.
According to The Film Stage, this newest incarnation of Scarface will feature a … Mexican! That’s right: he’s been an Italian, a Cuban and now he is a Mexican! We’re rounding the corner on this one. In twenty years, who knows? An Inuit? Only time will tell!
- Lauren Humphries-Brooks
Similar News ItemsMichelle Pfeiffer
- Box-Office Alternatives: The Witches of Eastwick (From Slackerwood. 14 May 2015, 8:00 AM, PDT)
- Oscar-Nominated Film Series: Hanks Excellent as Crusoe-ish Hero in Pop-Existential Drama (From Alt Film Guide. 13 May 2015, 11:40 AM, PDT)
- The top 25 underappreciated films of 1988 (From Den of Geek. 6 May 2015, 6:00 AM, PDT)
- A Most Violent Year DVD Review (From The Hollywood News. 17 May 2015, 8:30 AM, PDT)
- Blu-ray Release Details and Cover Art for Stuart Gordon’s Robot Jox (From DailyDead. 14 May 2015, 10:08 AM, PDT)
- Nicolas Cage: The Hollywood Flashback Interview (From The Hollywood Interview. 6 May 2015, 3:03 PM, PDT)
- The 13 Most Pointless Horror Movie Remakes Ever Made (From Moviefone. 19 May 2015, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- Remembering Pretty, Sophisticated Cummings: From Minor Lloyd Leading Lady to Olivier Co-Star, Tony Award Winner (From Alt Film Guide. 17 May 2015, 8:21 PM, PDT)
- Only Angels Have Wings, film review: Spectacular aerial sequences and fatalistic machismo (From The Independent. 14 May 2015, 4:00 PM, PDT)