I won’t say it. I won’t. Ok, fine:
“Say hello to my little friend!”
You learn something new every day. It may count against my cred as a film blogger/cinephile extraordinaire, but I did not know that there was a Scarface remake in the pipeline until about ten minutes ago. But there is, and now we know his ethnicity too! Which was apparently a bit of a secret up until now.
According to The Film Stage, this newest incarnation of Scarface will feature a … Mexican! That’s right: he’s been an Italian, a Cuban and now he is a Mexican! We’re rounding the corner on this one. In twenty years, who knows? An Inuit? Only time will tell!
- Lauren Humphries-Brooks
Similar News ItemsMichelle Pfeiffer
- All sewn up by Anne-Katrin Titze (From eyeforfilm.co.uk. 25 September 2016, 5:45 AM, PDT)
- Kathy Bates Reveals Her Toughest Role, Looks Back on Career Ahead of Walk of Fame Honor (From Variety - Film News. 20 September 2016, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- Finding the Fab Four by Anne-Katrin Titze (From eyeforfilm.co.uk. 17 September 2016, 5:35 PM, PDT)
- Toronto Film Review: ‘Wùlu’ (From Variety - Film News. 24 September 2016, 1:33 AM, PDT)
- Magnificent Seven Director Talks Remaking Scarface (From LatinoReview. 22 September 2016, 6:43 AM, PDT)
- Movie Review – De Palma (2016) (From Flickeringmyth. 22 September 2016, 12:00 AM, PDT)
- Blu-ray Review: The Thing Collector’s Edition (From DailyDead. 22 September 2016, 11:47 AM, PDT)
- Curtis Hanson: A Craftsman Who, in Two Movies, Touched Greatness (From Variety - Film News. 21 September 2016, 2:09 PM, PDT)
- Antoine Fuqua Explains the Relevance of a ‘Scarface’ Remake (From Slash Film. 20 September 2016, 1:30 PM, PDT)