I won’t say it. I won’t. Ok, fine:
“Say hello to my little friend!”
You learn something new every day. It may count against my cred as a film blogger/cinephile extraordinaire, but I did not know that there was a Scarface remake in the pipeline until about ten minutes ago. But there is, and now we know his ethnicity too! Which was apparently a bit of a secret up until now.
According to The Film Stage, this newest incarnation of Scarface will feature a … Mexican! That’s right: he’s been an Italian, a Cuban and now he is a Mexican! We’re rounding the corner on this one. In twenty years, who knows? An Inuit? Only time will tell!
- Lauren Humphries-Brooks
Similar News ItemsMichelle Pfeiffer
- Josh Gad Enlists Chris Pratt, Penelope Cruz to Grill Daisy Ridley about ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ (Video) (From The Wrap. 20 February 2017, 10:46 AM, PST)
- The Manchurian Candidate and Jonathan Demme's filmmaking style (From Den of Geek. 17 February 2017, 4:18 AM, PST)
- Pfandom: Troubled Boys & Spurned Girls (From FilmExperience. 14 February 2017, 1:46 PM, PST)
- Peter Travers' 2017 Alt-Oscars: From Scorsese to 'Deadpool' (From Rolling Stone. 23 February 2017, 7:13 AM, PST)
- Hollywood Movies that inspired casino games (From The Hollywood News. 22 February 2017, 4:16 PM, PST)
- The Coen brothers rewriting the script for Scarface remake (From Flickeringmyth. 12 February 2017, 7:00 AM, PST)
- Richard Schickel, Influential Time Magazine Film Critic, Dies at 84 (From Variety - Film News. 19 February 2017, 5:58 PM, PST)
- Hacksaw Ridge (From Trailers from Hell. 11 February 2017, 2:46 PM, PST)
- Scarface remake set for 2018, Coen brothers penning script (From Den of Geek. 10 February 2017, 1:17 PM, PST)