Johnny Depp is no stranger to the bizarre and the absurd, in fact he seems to thrive in these roles whether it is Captain Jack Sparrow, Edward Scissorhands, or Sweeney Todd. In a sense, maybe this is all practice for the literary figure who wears his eccentricities on his sleeve: Don Quixote.
Disney will be on its way to making Depp their Man of La Mancha. The film version is described as a modern retelling, so it is still a mystery as to how much of the complexity of Miguel De Cervantes’ seminal novel will remain intact.
Depp though has been the subject of rumors regarding Don Quixote. At one point, he was supposed to be part Terry Gilliam’s nigh-impossible dream film, “The Man Who Killed Don Quixote.” Unfortunately, due to a bevy of on-set mishaps and legal problems, Gilliam’s reworking of the literary classic was incomplete.
- Ruben Gonzalez
Similar News ItemsJohnny Depp
- Theo James Talks Insurgent, Underworld 5 and London Fields (From Collider.com. 25 March 2015, 12:16 PM, PDT)
- Beyoncé Wanted for 'Star Is Born' Remake, Alongside Bradley Cooper, Who Also Wants to Direct (From ShadowAndAct. 24 March 2015, 3:39 PM, PDT)
- Wtf: ‘Mortdecai’ Gets PG-13 Home Video Release (From Slash Film. 24 March 2015, 1:45 PM, PDT)
- The Riot Club Review (From We Got This Covered. 18 March 2015, 12:37 PM, PDT)
- 'Cinderella': Behind the Magic With Oscar-Winning Production Designer Dante Ferretti (From The Hollywood Reporter. 17 March 2015, 12:03 PM, PDT)
- Eva Green Draws Forth The Devil in a New Penny Dreadful Season Two Teaser (From The Daily BLAM!. 15 March 2015)
Dark Shadows (2012)
- Karl Glusman Joins Elle Fanning in Nic Refn’s ‘The Neon Demon’ (From Variety - Film News. 17 March 2015, 2:46 PM, PDT)
- Review: Jemaine Clement & Taika Waititi's 'What We Do In The Shadows' Is A Silly, Scary Delight (From The Playlist. 13 February 2015, 3:09 PM, PST)
- Eddie Murphy Announced As Presenter At 87th Oscars (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 13 February 2015, 6:45 AM, PST)