The host of Fox's "American Idol" -- which returns for its 12th season Wednesday, Jan. 16 -- now owns a controlling stake in Civic Entertainment Group, a marketing company that gives the public direct contact with such brands as NBC, HBO and CNN. The deal is likely to let audiences have similar opportunities with such Ryan Seacrest Productions ventures as E!'s "Keeping Up With The Kardashians," which has at least two more seasons coming.
Clark, who died in April, was known as a shrewd businessman as well as an on-camera personality. For Seacrest, the new Ceg arrangement is one more step in a 2012 that also has seen him score highly profitable new deals with Fox, NBCUniversal and Clear Channel Communications.
"It's been a great year," he confirms to Zap2it. »
Similar News Items"American Idol" (2002)
- Fox 2014-15 Season Ratings (updated 5/22/15) (From TVSeriesFinale. 22 May 2015, 1:53 PM, PDT)
- Jason Derulo on His Breakup With Jordin Sparks: "I Do Get Tired of Playing Nice" (From E! Online. 22 May 2015, 12:41 PM, PDT)
- HitFix Daily Snap: The 'Survivor' season that deserves more love (From Hitfix. 22 May 2015, 10:40 AM, PDT)
- Why '500 Questions' is the trivia experience TV needs (From Hitfix. 21 May 2015, 1:32 PM, PDT)
- 6 Things You Won't See Anymore on Network TV (From Moviefone. 15 May 2015, 6:00 AM, PDT)
- Kourtney Kardashian Channels Her Inner Britney Spears (From Popsugar. 14 May 2015, 10:20 AM, PDT)
"Keeping Up with the Kardashians" (2007)
- ‘Kardashians’ Bruce Jenner Special & ‘The Royals’ Finale Elevate E! Live+3 Ratings (From Deadline TV. 22 May 2015, 11:52 AM, PDT)
- Kendall Jenner Hangs Out With Rob Kardashian's Ex Rita Ora at Cannes (No Hard Feelings Here!): See Pics (From E! Online. 22 May 2015, 11:37 AM, PDT)
- Ratings: Bruce Jenner Special Lifts E!’s ‘Keeping Up With the Kardashians’ to 3-Year High (From Variety - TV News. 22 May 2015, 10:30 AM, PDT)