The host of Fox's "American Idol" -- which returns for its 12th season Wednesday, Jan. 16 -- now owns a controlling stake in Civic Entertainment Group, a marketing company that gives the public direct contact with such brands as NBC, HBO and CNN. The deal is likely to let audiences have similar opportunities with such Ryan Seacrest Productions ventures as E!'s "Keeping Up With The Kardashians," which has at least two more seasons coming.
Clark, who died in April, was known as a shrewd businessman as well as an on-camera personality. For Seacrest, the new Ceg arrangement is one more step in a 2012 that also has seen him score highly profitable new deals with Fox, NBCUniversal and Clear Channel Communications.
"It's been a great year," he confirms to Zap2it. »
Similar News Items"American Idol" (2002)
- Fox 2014-15 Season Ratings (updated 8/4/15) (From TVSeriesFinale. 4 August 2015, 1:49 PM, PDT)
- Brad Paisley Tapped as Team Blake's Mentor on 'The Voice' (From Rolling Stone. 4 August 2015, 8:19 AM, PDT)
- Sexy Mama! Carrie Underwood Puts Smokin' Hot Bod on Display at Music Video Shoot (From TooFab. 4 August 2015, 8:00 AM, PDT)
- 10 Stories You Might Have Missed: Tom Cruise plans on 'Mi:6' (From Hitfix. 31 July 2015, 9:50 PM, PDT)
- Knock Knock Live (From TVSeriesFinale. 31 July 2015, 6:31 PM, PDT)
- Knock Knock Live: Cancelled by Fox After Two Episodes (From TVSeriesFinale. 31 July 2015, 2:04 PM, PDT)
"Keeping Up with the Kardashians" (2007)
- Kim Kardashian Celebrates Her "Favorite" Fan's Birthday in New Orleans and Some Dolls Are Super Jealous (From E! Online. 4 August 2015, 5:52 PM, PDT)
- Kendall Jenner's Favorite Waist-Cinching Accessory: Every Time She's Worn Her Favorite Belt! (From E! Online. 4 August 2015, 3:00 PM, PDT)
- Kim Kardashian Flies to New Orleans for Super Fan's 21st Birthday (From TooFab. 4 August 2015, 2:45 PM, PDT)