All the way back in October of 2000, Terry Gilliam’s The Man Who Killed Don Quixote began production with Johnny Depp starring as an inadvertent time-traveler, whom the adventurous madman Don Quixote mistakes for Sancho Panza. The project fell apart soon thereafter and became a cautionary tale about the live-action filmmaking process (as detailed in the documentary Lost in La Mancha). It has yet to be made, despite Gilliam’s multiple attempts over the past decade.
That’s all a preamble to say: Depp is once again working on a non-traditional Don Quixote-related movie, but it has nothing to do with Gilliam’s defunct passion project (sadly).
Deadline is reporting that Disney has acquired a pitch for a movie “best described as a modern re-imagining of Don Quixote.” Depp is producing through his ...
- Sandy Schaefer
Similar News ItemsJohnny Depp
- 'Into the Woods' Preview Goes Behind the Fairytale (From MovieWeb. 19 December 2014, 5:39 PM, PST)
- One Direction Guys Reveal Man Crushes on David Beckham, Russell Brand, Johnny Depp and More! (From E! Online. 19 December 2014, 1:32 PM, PST)
- 'Into the Woods' (2014) Movie Review (From Rope Of Silicon. 19 December 2014, 12:42 PM, PST)
- The 14 Best Sci-Fi and Fantasy Movies of 2014 (From FilmSchoolRejects. 18 December 2014, 9:00 AM, PST)
- Clip from Simon Pegg’s Sci-Fi Comedy Absolutely Anything (From GeekTyrant. 18 December 2014, 8:11 AM, PST)
- Simon Pegg and Robin Williams star in first Absolutely Anything clip (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 18 December 2014, 3:15 AM, PST)
Don Kikhot (1957)
- Duncan Jones Says He Won't Direct Star Trek 3 (From GeekTyrant. 18 December 2014, 11:30 AM, PST)
- James Franco’s ‘Don Quixote’ Among Palm Springs Fest World Premieres (From Variety - Film News. 18 December 2014, 6:00 AM, PST)
- Lucifer, Eddie Redmayne win in Tallinn (From ScreenDaily. 1 December 2014, 12:51 AM, PST)