All the way back in October of 2000, Terry Gilliam’s The Man Who Killed Don Quixote began production with Johnny Depp starring as an inadvertent time-traveler, whom the adventurous madman Don Quixote mistakes for Sancho Panza. The project fell apart soon thereafter and became a cautionary tale about the live-action filmmaking process (as detailed in the documentary Lost in La Mancha). It has yet to be made, despite Gilliam’s multiple attempts over the past decade.
That’s all a preamble to say: Depp is once again working on a non-traditional Don Quixote-related movie, but it has nothing to do with Gilliam’s defunct passion project (sadly).
Deadline is reporting that Disney has acquired a pitch for a movie “best described as a modern re-imagining of Don Quixote.” Depp is producing through his ...
- Sandy Schaefer
Similar News ItemsJohnny Depp
- Let's all reflect on the moment Gene Wilder slammed Tim Burton's 'Willy Wonka' (From Hitfix. 30 August 2016, 4:18 PM, PDT)
- Gene Wilder Talks ‘Willy Wonka’ Remake, Why He Stopped Acting in Last Major Interview (From Variety - Film News. 30 August 2016, 2:23 PM, PDT)
- Kevin Smith is having more fun than ever with “Yoga Hosers” (From Hollywoodnews.com. 30 August 2016, 9:03 AM, PDT)
- ‘Spaceballs’ Behind-the-Scenes Featurette: John Candy and Bill Pullman Sing Mel Brooks’ Praises (From Indiewire. 28 August 2016, 3:02 PM, PDT)
- The Pride and the Passion (From Trailers from Hell. 26 August 2016, 4:39 PM, PDT)
- 9 Lessons Studio Films Should Take From The Indie World This Summer (From Indiewire. 25 August 2016, 9:54 AM, PDT)
Don Kikhot (1957)
- Get a Closer Look at ‘The Man Who Killed Don Quixote’ as Terry Gilliam Begins Production (From The Film Stage. 3 August 2016, 12:42 PM, PDT)
- Terry Gilliam begins production on 'The Man Who Killed Don Quixote' (From ScreenDaily. 1 August 2016, 2:59 AM, PDT)
- Film Review: ‘Lost in Munich’ (From Variety - Film News. 22 July 2016, 5:05 PM, PDT)