Lifetime's "Liz & Dick" was hardly a ratings success, but the TV movie starring Lindsay Lohan generated heaps of headlines, bad reviews and viewer mockery. Still, network honcho Nancy Dubuc said she would do it all again.
"You can't take a risk like that and not draw criticism, and we knew that going in," Dubuc told The Hollywood Reporter. "We couldn't have bought the buzz that we got. The idea that all of these people were talking about Lifetime? I'll take that."
"Liz & Dick" scored 3.5 million viewers, clocking in well below Lifetime's smash hit film "Steel Magnolias." Lohan's performance as Elizabeth Taylor was lampooned, with HuffPost TV's Maureen Ryan saying, "Whatever she has been doing the last few years, it doesn't look as though she's been working on her craft."
Take a look at some of viewers comments from Twitter below.
- Chris Harnick
Similar News ItemsLindsay Lohan
- Sarah Hyland Is "Doing Great" After Boyfriend Drama (From Popsugar. 22 October 2014, 1:46 PM, PDT)
- The Snap: The Real Reasons Horror Classics are Still Scary (From Hitfix. 22 October 2014, 12:30 PM, PDT)
- TMZ Live: Gwyneth & Chris -- The Gold Standard of Hollywood Separations (From TMZ. 22 October 2014, 9:45 AM, PDT)
Elizabeth Taylor (I)
- Elizabeth Taylor & Michael Jackson at Her Final Wedding: Never-Before-Seen Photos (From PEOPLE.com. 21 October 2014, 3:35 PM, PDT)
- Curio: My Fair Lady at 50 (From FilmExperience. 20 October 2014, 8:00 PM, PDT)
- First Doctor Who director Waris Hussein to get Asian Media Award (From Digital Spy - TV news. 17 October 2014, 10:37 AM, PDT)
- Mel Berning Named Chief Revenue Officer, A+E Networks (From Variety - TV News. 7 October 2014, 12:56 PM, PDT)
- Variety Announces 6th Annual Power of Women Honorees (From Variety - TV News. 9 September 2014, 1:00 PM, PDT)
- Variety Announces 6th Annual Power of Women Honorees (From Variety - Film News. 9 September 2014, 1:00 PM, PDT)