Lifetime's "Liz & Dick" was hardly a ratings success, but the TV movie starring Lindsay Lohan generated heaps of headlines, bad reviews and viewer mockery. Still, network honcho Nancy Dubuc said she would do it all again.
"You can't take a risk like that and not draw criticism, and we knew that going in," Dubuc told The Hollywood Reporter. "We couldn't have bought the buzz that we got. The idea that all of these people were talking about Lifetime? I'll take that."
"Liz & Dick" scored 3.5 million viewers, clocking in well below Lifetime's smash hit film "Steel Magnolias." Lohan's performance as Elizabeth Taylor was lampooned, with HuffPost TV's Maureen Ryan saying, "Whatever she has been doing the last few years, it doesn't look as though she's been working on her craft."
Take a look at some of viewers comments from Twitter below.
- Chris Harnick
Similar News ItemsLindsay Lohan
- The Best Film and TV Reunions of the Year (From VH1.com. 24 December 2014, 6:00 AM, PST)
- The 11 Most Unbelievable Things Celebs Said in 2014, Ranked (From Entertainment Tonight. 23 December 2014, 6:26 PM, PST)
- The Snap: Picking the Christmas Movies That Matter (From Hitfix. 23 December 2014, 9:55 AM, PST)
Elizabeth Taylor (I)
- Why You Shouldn’t Worry About Into the Woods (From Vulture. 24 December 2014, 10:00 AM, PST)
- Helena Bonham Carter and Tim Burton Split After 13 Years Together (From Entertainment Tonight. 23 December 2014, 12:03 PM, PST)
- On the Red Carpet, Emerging Designers Get Shot at Fame (From Variety - Film News. 19 December 2014, 10:00 AM, PST)
- Nancy Dubuc, Mara Brock Akil Talk Male-Dominated Hollywood (From The Hollywood Reporter. 19 November 2014, 7:46 PM, PST)
- Team Rubicon Honors A&E’s Nancy Dubuc (From Variety - TV News. 8 November 2014, 8:54 AM, PST)
- ITV's Paul Buccieri Set as New A&E, History President (From The Wrap. 4 November 2014, 9:19 AM, PST)