Lifetime's "Liz & Dick" was hardly a ratings success, but the TV movie starring Lindsay Lohan generated heaps of headlines, bad reviews and viewer mockery. Still, network honcho Nancy Dubuc said she would do it all again.
"You can't take a risk like that and not draw criticism, and we knew that going in," Dubuc told The Hollywood Reporter. "We couldn't have bought the buzz that we got. The idea that all of these people were talking about Lifetime? I'll take that."
"Liz & Dick" scored 3.5 million viewers, clocking in well below Lifetime's smash hit film "Steel Magnolias." Lohan's performance as Elizabeth Taylor was lampooned, with HuffPost TV's Maureen Ryan saying, "Whatever she has been doing the last few years, it doesn't look as though she's been working on her craft."
Take a look at some of viewers comments from Twitter below.
- Chris Harnick
Similar News ItemsLindsay Lohan
- Lindsay Lohan Crash Case Settled Out of Court - $80K Damage, What Did She Pay? (From National Ledger. 1 September 2014, 1:09 PM, PDT)
- Lindsay Lohan -- Cash For Crash In Pch Accident (From TMZ. 1 September 2014, 12:20 AM, PDT)
- Labor Day marathon guide: Meet the 'Housewives of Melbourne' and more (From EW.com - PopWatch. 29 August 2014, 10:48 AM, PDT)
Elizabeth Taylor (I)
- Dylan Thomas adaptation Under Milk Wood wraps (From ScreenDaily. 29 August 2014, 2:29 AM, PDT)
- '66th Primetime Emmy Awards' Winners! (From MovieWeb. 25 August 2014, 5:32 PM, PDT)
- Join The Academy on Sept 9th for Young Frankenstein 40th Anniversary Screening (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 25 August 2014, 1:14 PM, PDT)
- Variety and Women in Film Celebrate Emmy Nominees at Star-Studded Party (From Variety - TV News. 23 August 2014, 11:02 PM, PDT)
- Emmy Parties 2014: The Complete Guide (From Variety - TV News. 19 August 2014, 1:26 PM, PDT)
- A+E Networks Chief Takes Swipe at Digital Players Crowding Into Upfront Season (From The Hollywood Reporter. 9 May 2014, 3:13 PM, PDT)