Lifetime's "Liz & Dick" was hardly a ratings success, but the TV movie starring Lindsay Lohan generated heaps of headlines, bad reviews and viewer mockery. Still, network honcho Nancy Dubuc said she would do it all again.
"You can't take a risk like that and not draw criticism, and we knew that going in," Dubuc told The Hollywood Reporter. "We couldn't have bought the buzz that we got. The idea that all of these people were talking about Lifetime? I'll take that."
"Liz & Dick" scored 3.5 million viewers, clocking in well below Lifetime's smash hit film "Steel Magnolias." Lohan's performance as Elizabeth Taylor was lampooned, with HuffPost TV's Maureen Ryan saying, "Whatever she has been doing the last few years, it doesn't look as though she's been working on her craft."
Take a look at some of viewers comments from Twitter below.
- Chris Harnick
Similar News ItemsLindsay Lohan
- '2 Broke Girls' Kat Dennings and Beth Behrs defend Lindsay Lohan (From Pop2it. 14 March 2014, 9:00 PM, PDT)
- Kat Dennings Slams "Bulls--t" Report Claiming Lindsay Lohan Was a Trainwreck on Two Broke Girls (From E! Online. 14 March 2014, 3:47 PM, PDT)
- Lindsay Lohan Fights With Her Dad, Rips Michael Lohan for Bad-Mouthing Her Friends in Clip From Next Lindsay Episode: Watch Now (From E! Online. 14 March 2014, 3:00 PM, PDT)
Elizabeth Taylor (I)
- R.I.P. Hollywood Reporter Bob Thomas (From Deadline TV. 14 March 2014, 9:29 AM, PDT)
- Hollywood Journalist Bob Thomas Dead at 92 (From The Hollywood Reporter. 14 March 2014, 9:27 AM, PDT)
- Bob Thomas, Veteran Entertainment Journalist, Dies (From PEOPLE.com. 14 March 2014, 6:15 AM, PDT)
- Disney TV Shakeup: Anne Sweeney Leaving to Pursue Directing Career (From Variety - TV News. 11 March 2014, 12:08 PM, PDT)
- A+E Lifestyle Network Fyi Sets First Slate, Launch Date (From Deadline TV. 26 February 2014, 7:51 AM, PST)
- ABC Alum Barry Jossen Heads To A+E Studios (From Variety - TV News. 6 February 2014, 9:30 AM, PST)