Lifetime's "Liz & Dick" was hardly a ratings success, but the TV movie starring Lindsay Lohan generated heaps of headlines, bad reviews and viewer mockery. Still, network honcho Nancy Dubuc said she would do it all again.
"You can't take a risk like that and not draw criticism, and we knew that going in," Dubuc told The Hollywood Reporter. "We couldn't have bought the buzz that we got. The idea that all of these people were talking about Lifetime? I'll take that."
"Liz & Dick" scored 3.5 million viewers, clocking in well below Lifetime's smash hit film "Steel Magnolias." Lohan's performance as Elizabeth Taylor was lampooned, with HuffPost TV's Maureen Ryan saying, "Whatever she has been doing the last few years, it doesn't look as though she's been working on her craft."
Take a look at some of viewers comments from Twitter below.
- Chris Harnick
Similar News ItemsLindsay Lohan
- Kim Kardashian Parties With Lindsay Lohan, Kanye West and Jonathan Cheban—See the Pics! (From E! Online. 5 December 2013, 8:03 AM, PST)
- Lindsay Lohan -- My Ass Says That Crappy Sofa's Gotta Go (From TMZ. 5 December 2013, 7:45 AM, PST)
- Kim Kardashian Parties with Lindsay Lohan In Miami (From TooFab. 5 December 2013, 5:55 AM, PST)
Elizabeth Taylor (I)
- Lilo As Liz? Nicole As Grace? Let’s Look Back At The Worst Biopic Castings, Ever (From TheFabLife - Movies. 5 December 2013, 9:00 AM, PST)
- Season 10 Of Cinema Retro Is Here! Subscribe Or Renew Today! (From CinemaRetro. 5 December 2013, 8:30 AM, PST)
- Kanye West commissions Warhol portrait for Kim Kardashian - See the painting (From Pop2it. 3 December 2013, 2:03 PM, PST)
- ‘Bonnie & Clyde’s’ Holliday Grainger and Emile Hirsch Indulge in ‘Ultimate Romance’ (From Variety - TV News. 2 December 2013, 10:53 PM, PST)
- Michael Feeney Promoted to Evp Corporate Communications, A+E Networks (From The Wrap. 11 November 2013, 1:59 PM, PST)
- Michael Feeney Upped To Evp, Corporate Communications, A+E Networks (From Deadline TV. 11 November 2013, 1:19 PM, PST)