James Bond has beaten the blue aliens of Avatar to claim the cinematic crown in the UK.
It was today announced that the latest Bond movie, Skyfall, has broken box office records to become Britain's biggest film of all time - in just 40 days.
Daniel Craig's latest 007 adventure has taken a staggering £94,277,612 at the UK box office in just 40 days on release, overtaking Avatar's lifetime gross of £94,025,632 million during 11 months on release in UK cinemas.
Skyfall, the 23rd James Bond adventure, continues the longest running and most successful franchise in film history, opening in 587 cinemas across the UK and Ireland on October 26. It is still on general release.
- David Bentley
Similar News ItemsDaniel Craig (I)
- What is the future of the BBC? Have your say in our survey (From Digital Spy - TV news. 1 August 2015, 12:00 AM, PDT)
- What is the future of the BBC? Vote now to have your say in our survey (From Digital Spy - TV news. 1 August 2015, 12:00 AM, PDT)
- Today in Movie Culture: Chris Farley in 'Mission: Impossible,' Pierce Brosnan as 007 in 'Spectre' and More (From Movies.com. 31 July 2015, 9:30 PM, PDT)
- Who Will Be Singing the Next Bond Song? (From BuzzSugar. 31 July 2015, 10:50 AM, PDT)
- “I Just Like Doing My Job”: Dp Roger Deakins on Working with the Coens, Digital vs. Film and His Most Difficult Shots (From Filmmaker Magazine. 30 July 2015, 11:16 AM, PDT)
- Watch Chris Hemsworth Starve With Co-Stars on Set of 'In the Heart of the Sea' (From Moviefone. 29 July 2015, 3:45 AM, PDT)
Sam Mendes (I)
- Pippa Harris to chair BAFTA Film Committee (From ScreenDaily. 31 July 2015, 3:58 AM, PDT)
- Latest odds have Radiohead or Ellie Goulding singing the Spectre theme song (From JoBlo. 30 July 2015, 3:03 PM, PDT)
- Spectre Theme Song To Be Performed By Radiohead? (From We Got This Covered. 30 July 2015, 2:00 PM, PDT)