James Bond has beaten the blue aliens of Avatar to claim the cinematic crown in the UK.
It was today announced that the latest Bond movie, Skyfall, has broken box office records to become Britain's biggest film of all time - in just 40 days.
Daniel Craig's latest 007 adventure has taken a staggering £94,277,612 at the UK box office in just 40 days on release, overtaking Avatar's lifetime gross of £94,025,632 million during 11 months on release in UK cinemas.
Skyfall, the 23rd James Bond adventure, continues the longest running and most successful franchise in film history, opening in 587 cinemas across the UK and Ireland on October 26. It is still on general release.
- David Bentley
Similar News ItemsDaniel Craig (I)
- A Fifth Invasion Of The Body Snatchers Movie Is Headed Our Way (From We Got This Covered. 20 July 2017, 7:35 AM, PDT)
- Chris Hemsworth Says The Next Bond Should Be A Woman & Here’s Who Specifically (From The Hollywood News. 20 July 2017, 5:09 AM, PDT)
- Warner Bros. to remake fourth Invasion of the Body Snatchers (From HeyUGuys. 20 July 2017, 4:59 AM, PDT)
- Exclusive new poster for Stratton starring Dominic Cooper (From Flickeringmyth. 18 July 2017, 6:20 AM, PDT)
- Disney Rolls out 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray for 5th Pirates (From Comicmix. 17 July 2017, 2:22 PM, PDT)
- New ‘Blade Runner 2049’ Images are Bloody, Gorgeous (From Collider.com. 13 July 2017, 11:09 AM, PDT)
Sam Mendes (I)
- Women to Watch: Real Life Wonder Woman Annabel Wood (From Sydney's Buzz. 13 July 2017, 2:55 PM, PDT)
- Nolan Will Only Direct James Bond When It's Ready for Reinvention (From MovieWeb. 10 July 2017, 2:29 PM, PDT)
- Does ‘Bond’ Need Christopher Nolan? The Acclaimed Writer/Director Weighs In (From Collider.com. 10 July 2017, 12:55 PM, PDT)