James Bond has beaten the blue aliens of Avatar to claim the cinematic crown in the UK.
It was today announced that the latest Bond movie, Skyfall, has broken box office records to become Britain's biggest film of all time - in just 40 days.
Daniel Craig's latest 007 adventure has taken a staggering £94,277,612 at the UK box office in just 40 days on release, overtaking Avatar's lifetime gross of £94,025,632 million during 11 months on release in UK cinemas.
Skyfall, the 23rd James Bond adventure, continues the longest running and most successful franchise in film history, opening in 587 cinemas across the UK and Ireland on October 26. It is still on general release.
- David Bentley
Similar News ItemsDaniel Craig (I)
- David Oyelowo Takes Charge as a Champion for Diversity in His Own Movies (From Variety - Film News. 21 September 2016, 3:00 PM, PDT)
- ‘The Whole Truth’ Trailer: Keanu Reeves Defends Renée Zellweger in Crime Thriller (From Indiewire. 20 September 2016, 10:39 AM, PDT)
- Britannia honour for Felicity Jones (From ScreenDaily. 15 September 2016, 9:15 AM, PDT)
- Adele In the Big Apple! 8 Highlights from Her First Night at Madison Square Garden (From PEOPLE.com. 20 September 2016, 10:25 AM, PDT)
- ‘The Magnificent Seven’: How The Remake’s Score Reflects the Vision of Late Composer James Horner (From Indiewire. 15 September 2016, 12:12 PM, PDT)
- Penny Dreadful: The Final Season Blu-ray / DVD Release Details & Cover Art (From DailyDead. 14 September 2016, 1:23 PM, PDT)
Sam Mendes (I)
- Rufus Norris on Moving ‘London Road’ From Stage to Screen (From Variety - Film News. 24 September 2016, 5:21 AM, PDT)
- Venice Golden Lion Winner, Almost Four Hours Long, to Get Italian Theatrical Distribution (From Variety - Film News. 19 September 2016, 7:55 AM, PDT)
- A Brief History of Toronto’s People’s Choice Award and the Oscars (From Variety - Film News. 18 September 2016, 12:08 PM, PDT)