James Bond has beaten the blue aliens of Avatar to claim the cinematic crown in the UK.
It was today announced that the latest Bond movie, Skyfall, has broken box office records to become Britain's biggest film of all time - in just 40 days.
Daniel Craig's latest 007 adventure has taken a staggering £94,277,612 at the UK box office in just 40 days on release, overtaking Avatar's lifetime gross of £94,025,632 million during 11 months on release in UK cinemas.
Skyfall, the 23rd James Bond adventure, continues the longest running and most successful franchise in film history, opening in 587 cinemas across the UK and Ireland on October 26. It is still on general release.
- David Bentley
Similar News ItemsDaniel Craig (I)
- Tpg Capital Buys Majority Stake in CAA (From Variety - Film News. 20 October 2014, 10:49 AM, PDT)
- 15 Crazy Facts You Just Have To Accept To Enjoy The Dark Knight Trilogy (From Obsessed with Film. 20 October 2014, 7:58 AM, PDT)
- Parents & Frequent Moviegoers Are Desensitized To Violence, Sex In Film; Likely So Is MPAA Ratings Board: Study (From Deadline New York. 20 October 2014, 12:01 AM, PDT)
- X Factor 2014: Movies week - original versions playlist (From Digital Spy - TV news. 24 October 2014, 8:00 AM, PDT)
- The X Factor: Week 3's Movie Night song choices revealed (From Digital Spy - TV news. 24 October 2014, 7:36 AM, PDT)
- 'Transformers' sound mixers reveal how they kept your ears from caving in (From Hitfix. 23 October 2014, 6:56 AM, PDT)
Sam Mendes (I)
- The new Bond movies are "impossibly obscure", says John Cleese (From Den of Geek. 23 October 2014, 11:14 PM, PDT)
- Tech Support: 'Birdman,' 'Unbroken' and 'Interstellar' set the mood for Best Cinematography (From Hitfix. 23 October 2014, 1:01 PM, PDT)
- Albert Wolsky on costuming 'Birdman' and working with legends like Bob Fosse (From Hitfix. 22 October 2014, 2:38 PM, PDT)