James Bond has beaten the blue aliens of Avatar to claim the cinematic crown in the UK.
It was today announced that the latest Bond movie, Skyfall, has broken box office records to become Britain's biggest film of all time - in just 40 days.
Daniel Craig's latest 007 adventure has taken a staggering £94,277,612 at the UK box office in just 40 days on release, overtaking Avatar's lifetime gross of £94,025,632 million during 11 months on release in UK cinemas.
Skyfall, the 23rd James Bond adventure, continues the longest running and most successful franchise in film history, opening in 587 cinemas across the UK and Ireland on October 26. It is still on general release.
- David Bentley
Similar News ItemsDaniel Craig (I)
- His Word Is Not His ‘Bond’ – 007 Delayed (From The Hollywood News. 1 July 2014, 10:49 AM, PDT)
- Production delay hits James Bond 24 (From Den of Geek. 29 June 2014, 10:26 PM, PDT)
- "James Bond: Come And Dive" (From SneakPeek. 29 June 2014, 8:28 AM, PDT)
- New trailer for Terry Gilliam’s The Zero Theorem (From Flickeringmyth. 9 July 2014, 3:15 AM, PDT)
- Hollywood Costume Lands At The Academy (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 8 July 2014, 2:39 PM, PDT)
- Win The Grand Budapest Hotel on Blu-ray (From HeyUGuys. 4 July 2014, 12:00 AM, PDT)
Sam Mendes (I)
- Comic-Con 2014: Showtime's Hit Series Penny Dreadful to Headline Opening Day (From The Daily BLAM!. 8 July 2014)
- Guiding Lights unveils 2014 participants (From ScreenDaily. 2 July 2014, 8:20 AM, PDT)
- Watch: 5-Minute Tribute To Cinematographer Roger Deakins, 'Shadows In The Valley' (From The Playlist. 2 July 2014, 8:09 AM, PDT)