James Bond has beaten the blue aliens of Avatar to claim the cinematic crown in the UK.
It was today announced that the latest Bond movie, Skyfall, has broken box office records to become Britain's biggest film of all time - in just 40 days.
Daniel Craig's latest 007 adventure has taken a staggering £94,277,612 at the UK box office in just 40 days on release, overtaking Avatar's lifetime gross of £94,025,632 million during 11 months on release in UK cinemas.
Skyfall, the 23rd James Bond adventure, continues the longest running and most successful franchise in film history, opening in 587 cinemas across the UK and Ireland on October 26. It is still on general release.
- David Bentley
Similar News ItemsDaniel Craig (I)
- 10 Actors Who Could Be The Next James Bond (From Obsessed with Film. 22 January 2015, 12:51 PM, PST)
- Take That want to write James Bond theme song (From National Ledger. 22 January 2015, 11:02 AM, PST)
- Is Adele Recording the New James Bond Song? (From PEOPLE.com. 22 January 2015, 10:05 AM, PST)
- Oscar-Winning Original Songs Split Between Part of Plot and End Credits (From Scott Feinberg. 26 January 2015, 8:07 AM, PST)
- Jennifer Lawrence Chats With Adele at Restaurant, and Harry Styles Was There Too: Details! (From Us Weekly. 26 January 2015, 8:03 AM, PST)
- Skins Star Kaya Scodelario To Play Female Role In Pirates Of The Caribbean 5 (From Obsessed with Film. 26 January 2015, 7:27 AM, PST)
Sam Mendes (I)
- BBC Films to Receive BAFTA Honor on 25th Anniversary (From Variety - Film News. 28 January 2015, 4:55 AM, PST)
- BBC Films to receive BAFTA honour (From ScreenDaily. 28 January 2015, 4:34 AM, PST)
- James Bond: Ranking The 007 Actors From Worst To Best (From Obsessed with Film. 20 January 2015, 6:54 AM, PST)