James Bond has beaten the blue aliens of Avatar to claim the cinematic crown in the UK.
It was today announced that the latest Bond movie, Skyfall, has broken box office records to become Britain's biggest film of all time - in just 40 days.
Daniel Craig's latest 007 adventure has taken a staggering £94,277,612 at the UK box office in just 40 days on release, overtaking Avatar's lifetime gross of £94,025,632 million during 11 months on release in UK cinemas.
Skyfall, the 23rd James Bond adventure, continues the longest running and most successful franchise in film history, opening in 587 cinemas across the UK and Ireland on October 26. It is still on general release.
- David Bentley
Similar News ItemsDaniel Craig (I)
- 'November Man's' Olga Kurylenko on getting to work with two different Bonds (From Hitfix. 27 August 2014, 7:57 PM, PDT)
- Film Review: 'The November Man' (From LatinoReview. 26 August 2014, 9:52 PM, PDT)
- Pierce Brosnan on fears that 'November Man' would tarnish his James Bond legacy (From Hitfix. 26 August 2014, 2:49 PM, PDT)
- New Paddington Poster and a First Look at Nicole Kidman’s Sinister Taxidermist (From HeyUGuys. 28 August 2014, 10:40 AM, PDT)
- Lana Del Rey Lands Next James Bond Theme Song? (From National Ledger. 28 August 2014, 8:16 AM, PDT)
- Netflix's Marco Polo Series Gets a Premiere Date — Plus: First Photos (From TVLine.com. 28 August 2014, 6:49 AM, PDT)
Sam Mendes (I)
- Bond 24 Wishlist: 10 Things That Must Happen (From Obsessed with Film. 29 August 2014, 11:58 AM, PDT)
- 'Bond 24' Looking For Classic Henchman (From LatinoReview. 25 August 2014, 6:58 AM, PDT)
- Reports say that Bond 24 is looking for the next classic henchman (From JoBlo. 25 August 2014, 5:24 AM, PDT)