The ending of The Dark Knight Rises has been called open-ended, ambiguous, and confusing among other things. Of course, none of those adjectives apply if you take what was seen on screen as directly accurate, which is exactly what Michael Caine says should be done.
In an interview with Hero Complex Caine put any speculation about the ending to rest. Check out his comment below.
“They were there… They were real. There was no imagination. They were real and he was with Anne, the cat lady, and I was happy ever after for him as I told him during the picture.”
So there it is, straight from Alfred himself, seeing Selina Kyle and Bruce Wayne wasn’t his imagination, meaning Batman survived the bomb’s explosion (which was obvious enough from the autopilot line anyway).
Perhaps the open ending of Inception is the reason that fans thought the ending of »
- Alex Lowe
Similar News ItemsChristopher Nolan (I)
- Contest: Win Interstellar Blu-ray and DVD Combo with Extra Goodies (3 Winners) (From TheHDRoom. 28 March 2015, 1:15 PM, PDT)
- Interstellar Blu-Ray Review (From We Got This Covered. 28 March 2015, 12:26 PM, PDT)
- This Surreal Sci-Fi Movie is the Next Short Being Turned Into a Feature (From FilmSchoolRejects. 27 March 2015, 8:32 PM, PDT)
The Dark Knight Rises (2012)
- War promo for Mad Max: Fury Road (From Flickeringmyth. 28 March 2015, 2:06 AM, PDT)
- Explosion promo for Mad Max: Fury Road, new trailer arriving on Tuesday (From Flickeringmyth. 27 March 2015, 8:48 AM, PDT)
- Ben Affleck Drops ‘Batman’ Reference in Testimony Before Congress (Video) (From The Wrap. 26 March 2015, 7:00 PM, PDT)
- Win An Amazing ‘Interstellar’ Goody Bag – Own it on Limited Edition 2-Disc Blu-ray™Digibook, Blu-ray™ and DVD on March 30 (From The Hollywood News. 28 March 2015, 3:30 AM, PDT)
- Review: Interstellar (From Comicmix. 27 March 2015, 10:33 AM, PDT)
- Interstellar Blu-ray Review (From The Hollywood News. 25 March 2015, 6:00 AM, PDT)