The women in the Penn State sorority Chi Omega have found themselves in some serious trouble after holding a "Mexican-themed" party that has been deemed racist. The organization is now facing an investigation after posting an image from the gathering to social media.
Related: No Doubt pulls racist music video after backlash
In the photo, the college students were seen wearing sombreros and mustaches and holding signs that read, "Will mow lawn for weed + beer" and "I don't cut grass I smoke it." The women were identified because they were tagged in the photo after it was posted to Facebook, Onward State reports. Jessica Riccardi, the Chi Omega chapter head, has issued an apology on behalf of the sorority.
"Our chapter of Chi Omega sincerely apologizes for portraying inappropriate and untrue stereotypes. The picture in question does not support »
Similar News ItemsNicki Minaj
- Bebe Rexha’s Debut Album Arrives In January (From We Got This Covered. 21 October 2016, 12:04 PM, PDT)
- Cher Hair! Stars Are Loving Super-Long, Super-Straight Strands Right Now (From PEOPLE.com. 19 October 2016, 1:24 PM, PDT)
- Nicki Minaj Couldn't Keep It Together While Meeting Her Idol, Lauryn Hill (From Popsugar. 18 October 2016, 7:56 AM, PDT)
Steven Tyler (I)
- Ryan Kavanaugh, Dana Brunetti Reveal Their Plan for Relativity 2.0 (Exclusive) (From The Hollywood Reporter. 28 September 2016, 8:55 AM, PDT)
- Kate Hudson And Steven Tyler Were Adorable Seat Mates On An Airplane (From ET Canada. 15 September 2016, 6:58 PM, PDT)
- He Acts! Steven Tyler Dishes About His New Movie - and What He Really Wants to Star in Next (From PEOPLE.com. 15 September 2016, 12:15 PM, PDT)