The women in the Penn State sorority Chi Omega have found themselves in some serious trouble after holding a "Mexican-themed" party that has been deemed racist. The organization is now facing an investigation after posting an image from the gathering to social media.
Related: No Doubt pulls racist music video after backlash
In the photo, the college students were seen wearing sombreros and mustaches and holding signs that read, "Will mow lawn for weed + beer" and "I don't cut grass I smoke it." The women were identified because they were tagged in the photo after it was posted to Facebook, Onward State reports. Jessica Riccardi, the Chi Omega chapter head, has issued an apology on behalf of the sorority.
"Our chapter of Chi Omega sincerely apologizes for portraying inappropriate and untrue stereotypes. The picture in question does not support »
Similar News ItemsNicki Minaj
- Ariana Grande Opens Up About Her Confidence Problem (From PEOPLE.com. 30 July 2014, 4:40 AM, PDT)
- Teenager Hilariously Re-Creates Pictures of Pop Stars on Instagram and They're Surprisingly Inspiring (From E! Online. 29 July 2014, 2:05 PM, PDT)
- Ariana Grande Opens Up About Falling "Out of Touch" With Her Father (From TooFab. 29 July 2014, 1:15 PM, PDT)
Steven Tyler (I)
- First Look: Hot in Cleveland's Elka Makes Like Wonka in Animated Outing (From TVLine.com. 29 July 2014, 7:00 AM, PDT)
- Johnny Depp Rocks Out With Aerosmith on Stage in Boston (Video) (From The Wrap. 18 July 2014, 8:26 AM, PDT)
- Johnny Depp Rocks Out With Steven Tyler and Aerosmith in Boston, Fiancee Amber Heard Supports: Picture (From Us Weekly. 18 July 2014, 5:06 AM, PDT)