The most extraordinary moment of the year had to be a short film by Danny Boyle, called Happy and Glorious, co-starring Daniel Craig and the Queen. This was a 21st-century equivalent of those court masques loved and indulged in by Tudor monarchs. Craig's 007 was shown visiting Her Majesty in Buckingham Palace, humbly waiting for her to stop writing and acknowledge his presence.
Playfully, Boyle allowed us to think that it couldn't actually be the Queen, with her back to us in that salmon-pink dress. Then she turned around and Boyle gobsmacked us with the realisation that, yikes, it really was!
Goodness, how stiff and sombre Craig looked walking down the corridor with her and the corgies, as if concerned not to be seen as taking the mickey in any way. »
- Peter Bradshaw
Similar News ItemsDaniel Craig (I)
- Casting Net: Charlize Theron to produce, possibly star in 'Everything Nice'; Plus, Uma Thurman, more (From EW.com - Inside Movies. 7 March 2014, 4:55 PM, PST)
- Renée Zellweger to star alongside Daniel Craig in The Whole Truth (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 7 March 2014, 2:53 PM, PST)
- Uma Thurman Joins American Ultra; Martin Sheen Boards Warren Beatty’s Howard Hughes Movie; Renee Zelwegger in Talks for The Whole Truth (From Collider.com. 7 March 2014, 1:36 PM, PST)
The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1 (2011)
- Oscars vs. MTV Movie Awards: Is One Really More Prestigious than the Otherc (From Rope Of Silicon. 6 March 2014, 10:11 AM, PST)
- Everything You Need to Know About the Home Release of The Hunger Games: Catching Fire (From ScifiMafia. 4 March 2014, 12:00 PM, PST)
- Cate Blanchett: Movies with Female Leads ‘Earn Money’ (From Variety - Film News. 3 March 2014, 3:07 PM, PST)
- Renee Zellweger Will Find The Whole Truth With Daniel Craig (From We Got This Covered. 7 March 2014, 2:06 PM, PST)
- New Penny Dreadful Video Production Blog Takes Us to The Grand Guignol (From Dread Central. 7 March 2014, 9:42 AM, PST)
- 'Bond 24' writer offers hints on how 'Skyfall' will affect Agent 007 (From Hitfix. 6 March 2014, 3:55 PM, PST)