The most extraordinary moment of the year had to be a short film by Danny Boyle, called Happy and Glorious, co-starring Daniel Craig and the Queen. This was a 21st-century equivalent of those court masques loved and indulged in by Tudor monarchs. Craig's 007 was shown visiting Her Majesty in Buckingham Palace, humbly waiting for her to stop writing and acknowledge his presence.
Playfully, Boyle allowed us to think that it couldn't actually be the Queen, with her back to us in that salmon-pink dress. Then she turned around and Boyle gobsmacked us with the realisation that, yikes, it really was!
Goodness, how stiff and sombre Craig looked walking down the corridor with her and the corgies, as if concerned not to be seen as taking the mickey in any way. »
- Peter Bradshaw
Similar News ItemsDaniel Craig (I)
- Tpg Capital Buys Majority Stake in CAA (From Variety - Film News. 20 October 2014, 10:49 AM, PDT)
- Parents & Frequent Moviegoers Are Desensitized To Violence, Sex In Film; Likely So Is MPAA Ratings Board: Study (From Deadline New York. 20 October 2014, 12:01 AM, PDT)
- The Past, Present, and Future of Real-Time Films Part Four (From SoundOnSight. 17 October 2014, 8:01 PM, PDT)
The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1 (2011)
- More New Footage In Latest Interstellar TV Spots (From ComicBookMovie. 20 October 2014, 2:50 AM, PDT)
- Roar: Tigers Of The Sundarbans created by world class VFX technicians and cinematographers (From Bollyspice. 17 October 2014, 10:10 AM, PDT)
- Interstellar TV Spot #8 May Be The Greatest TV Spot Of All Time (From ComicBookMovie. 17 October 2014, 3:04 AM, PDT)
- 15 Crazy Facts You Just Have To Accept To Enjoy The Dark Knight Trilogy (From Obsessed with Film. 20 October 2014, 7:58 AM, PDT)
- Ben Whishaw stars as Wellington-less Paddington in new promo (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 20 October 2014, 5:35 AM, PDT)
- The Coen Brothers Add To Their Hail, Caesar! Cast (From We Got This Covered. 18 October 2014, 7:05 AM, PDT)