The most extraordinary moment of the year had to be a short film by Danny Boyle, called Happy and Glorious, co-starring Daniel Craig and the Queen. This was a 21st-century equivalent of those court masques loved and indulged in by Tudor monarchs. Craig's 007 was shown visiting Her Majesty in Buckingham Palace, humbly waiting for her to stop writing and acknowledge his presence.
Playfully, Boyle allowed us to think that it couldn't actually be the Queen, with her back to us in that salmon-pink dress. Then she turned around and Boyle gobsmacked us with the realisation that, yikes, it really was!
Goodness, how stiff and sombre Craig looked walking down the corridor with her and the corgies, as if concerned not to be seen as taking the mickey in any way. »
- Peter Bradshaw
Similar News ItemsDaniel Craig (I)
- Jason Bourne Super Bowl Spot – 15 Things You Need To See (From Obsessed with Film. 8 February 2016, 9:23 AM, PST)
- Why Is British Acting Dominated By The Privately Educated? (From Flickeringmyth. 7 February 2016, 4:07 AM, PST)
- Oscar’s Song Crop Ranges from ‘Simple’ to Complex (From Variety - Film News. 3 February 2016, 2:37 PM, PST)
The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1 (2011)
- Michael Sheen joins Finding Dory voice cast (From Flickeringmyth. 28 January 2016, 10:31 PM, PST)
- Live action fairytale movies: UK release date calendar (From Den of Geek. 21 January 2016, 8:02 AM, PST)
- 2015 North American Box Office Breaks Records For Christmas Weekend (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 27 December 2015, 2:15 PM, PST)
- 'Jason Bourne' Is Fast and Furious in First Trailer and Poster (From Moviefone. 8 February 2016, 5:34 AM, PST)
- Spectre gets the Honest Trailer treatment (From Flickeringmyth. 5 February 2016, 12:00 AM, PST)
- 2016 Oscar Predictions: Best Original Song (From Indiewire. 4 February 2016, 6:30 AM, PST)