The most extraordinary moment of the year had to be a short film by Danny Boyle, called Happy and Glorious, co-starring Daniel Craig and the Queen. This was a 21st-century equivalent of those court masques loved and indulged in by Tudor monarchs. Craig's 007 was shown visiting Her Majesty in Buckingham Palace, humbly waiting for her to stop writing and acknowledge his presence.
Playfully, Boyle allowed us to think that it couldn't actually be the Queen, with her back to us in that salmon-pink dress. Then she turned around and Boyle gobsmacked us with the realisation that, yikes, it really was!
Goodness, how stiff and sombre Craig looked walking down the corridor with her and the corgies, as if concerned not to be seen as taking the mickey in any way. »
- Peter Bradshaw
Similar News ItemsDaniel Craig (I)
- Star Wars Actor Ford Injured in Plane Accident in Los Angeles Area (From Alt Film Guide. 5 March 2015, 4:43 PM, PST)
- 'Spectre' Set Video Shows 'James Bond' Car Chase in Rome (From MovieWeb. 4 March 2015, 7:12 AM, PST)
- Sir Roger Moore reprises role as James Bond for Comic Relief (From Virgin Media - TV. 4 March 2015, 3:00 AM, PST)
The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1 (2011)
- Dan Stevens and Luke Evans join Emma Watson in Beauty and the Beast (From Cineplex. 5 March 2015, 8:34 AM, PST)
- Dan Stevens Boards Beauty And The Beast (From We Got This Covered. 4 March 2015, 10:01 PM, PST)
- Dan Stevens in Talks to Play the Beast Opposite Emma Watson in Disney’s ‘Beauty and the Beast’ (From The Wrap. 4 March 2015, 6:04 PM, PST)
- Tom Hooper’s The Danish Girl To Be Released November 27th, 2015 For Awards Season (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 4 March 2015, 12:10 PM, PST)
- New poster for The Gunman starring Sean Penn (From Flickeringmyth. 1 March 2015, 3:00 AM, PST)
- See All the Photos of Daniel Craig Looking Hot as James Bond (From BuzzSugar. 28 February 2015, 5:30 AM, PST)