The most extraordinary moment of the year had to be a short film by Danny Boyle, called Happy and Glorious, co-starring Daniel Craig and the Queen. This was a 21st-century equivalent of those court masques loved and indulged in by Tudor monarchs. Craig's 007 was shown visiting Her Majesty in Buckingham Palace, humbly waiting for her to stop writing and acknowledge his presence.
Playfully, Boyle allowed us to think that it couldn't actually be the Queen, with her back to us in that salmon-pink dress. Then she turned around and Boyle gobsmacked us with the realisation that, yikes, it really was!
Goodness, how stiff and sombre Craig looked walking down the corridor with her and the corgies, as if concerned not to be seen as taking the mickey in any way. »
- Peter Bradshaw
Similar News ItemsDaniel Craig (I)
- Film Review: 'The November Man' (From LatinoReview. 26 August 2014, 9:52 PM, PDT)
- Pierce Brosnan on fears that 'November Man' would tarnish his James Bond legacy (From Hitfix. 26 August 2014, 2:49 PM, PDT)
- 5 Silliest Gambling Scenes in Movie History (From Flickeringmyth. 25 August 2014, 10:30 PM, PDT)
The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1 (2011)
- New Extended Interstellar IMAX TV Spot (From ComicBookMovie. 26 August 2014, 6:50 AM, PDT)
- Interstellar: New Extended IMAX TV Spot (From ComicBookMovie. 25 August 2014, 12:57 AM, PDT)
- Hear the Music In the New Trailer For the Romance Drama The Song (From ShockYa. 19 August 2014, 9:05 AM, PDT)
- 'Bond 24' Looking For Classic Henchman (From LatinoReview. 25 August 2014, 6:58 AM, PDT)
- Reports say that Bond 24 is looking for the next classic henchman (From JoBlo. 25 August 2014, 5:24 AM, PDT)
- James Bond 24 Looking to Cast an Iconic Henchman for 007 to Battle (From HeyUGuys. 25 August 2014, 4:36 AM, PDT)