The classic (and first) Rodgers & Hammerstein musical Oklahoma! gets a Blu-ray release. This Royal National Theatre production features Hugh Jackman in the lead and director Trevor Nunn at the helm. After finishing their run on the London stage, the cast filmed the musical in a large soundstage made to resemble their staging.
Jackman plays the cowboy Curly who is in love with farm girl Laurey (Josefina Gabrielle), but their immature flirtation leads her to accept an invitation to the big social dance by creepy Jud (Shuler Hensley—who won an Olivier Award for this role). While Laurey's romantic drama plays out, Ado Annie (Vicki Simon) has her own relationship dilemma. She's torn between Persian peddler Ali Hakim (Peter Polycarpou) and her original sweetheart Will (Jimmy Johnston). With the help of Laurey's Aunt Eller (Maureen Lipman), the girls navigate the courtship rituals of frontier life.
- John Keith
Similar News ItemsHugh Jackman
- Olivia Munn shows off Psylocke's X-Men: Apocalpse sword skills (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 29 June 2015, 8:18 AM, PDT)
- X-men: Apocalypse: Olivia Munn Shows Off Psylocke Sword Skills in New Video (From Collider.com. 29 June 2015, 8:09 AM, PDT)
- Week in Review: Movie theater screens ‘Insidious’ over ‘Inside Out’, kids leave terrified (From SoundOnSight. 26 June 2015, 8:59 AM, PDT)
- Robert Sheehan on saying the c-word in front of kids, wanting to try Shakespeare (From Hitfix. 17 April 2015, 4:30 PM, PDT)
- Production Starts On Starz & BBC Co-Production ‘The Dresser’ (From AreYouScreening. 3 March 2015, 8:20 AM, PST)
- Ian McKellen turns 75: 8 great performances from the acting legend (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 25 May 2014, 1:00 AM, PDT)
- New Banshee Season 3,Episode 3 Official Spoilers,Plotline Revealed By Cinemax (From OnTheFlix. 19 January 2015, 7:08 AM, PST)
- Top 10 Musicals That Should Be Made Into Movies (From Rope Of Silicon. 20 October 2014, 9:30 AM, PDT)
- Hugh Jackman reunites with Maureen Lipman after 15 years (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 8 July 2014, 4:29 AM, PDT)