The holidays remain a popular time to pop the question, which got us thinking about how various celebrities have proposed marriage.
While some stars have opted to make a grand gesture against an iconic backdrop -- Tom Cruise famously made his move atop the Eiffel Tower -- others, like Will Smith, have kept the big moment low-key ("Hey, we might be real good married. Wassup?" Smith casually asked Jada Pinkett).
Here's how other famous couples vowed to take the next step.
- The Huffington Post
Similar News ItemsTom Cruise
- Why The New Tetris Movie Is A Terrible Sign For Hollywood (From Cinema Blend. 30 September 2014, 11:21 AM, PDT)
- Gone Girl: How Tom Cruise Helped Rosamund Pike With the Movie (From E! Online. 30 September 2014, 10:36 AM, PDT)
- ‘Gone Girl': Rosamund Pike on the Role of a Lifetime (From Variety - Film News. 30 September 2014, 10:00 AM, PDT)
Will Smith (I)
- Kim Kardashian, Ciara, Brad Pitt and More Celebs Who've Been Pranked by Vitalii Sediuk (From E! Online. 30 September 2014, 12:40 PM, PDT)
- Ciara Becomes Latest Victim of Notorious Red Carpet Prankster (From Entertainment Tonight. 30 September 2014, 12:03 PM, PDT)
- Alfonso Ribeiro Reveals the Real Origin of ''The Carlton,'' Breaks It Down With Ralph Macchio—Watch! (From E! Online. 30 September 2014)
Jada Pinkett Smith
- Channing Tatum Shows Off Shirtless Physique As "Magic Mike Xxl" Starts Filming (From TooFab. 30 September 2014, 4:00 PM, PDT)
- Fox’s ‘Gotham’ Tops Piracy of Fall TV Premieres with 1.3 Million Downloads (From Variety - TV News. 30 September 2014, 12:15 PM, PDT)
- 'Magic Mike Xxl' adds Donald Glover, Elizabeth Banks (From FilmExperience. 30 September 2014, 11:45 AM, PDT)