The holidays remain a popular time to pop the question, which got us thinking about how various celebrities have proposed marriage.
While some stars have opted to make a grand gesture against an iconic backdrop -- Tom Cruise famously made his move atop the Eiffel Tower -- others, like Will Smith, have kept the big moment low-key ("Hey, we might be real good married. Wassup?" Smith casually asked Jada Pinkett).
Here's how other famous couples vowed to take the next step.
- The Huffington Post
Similar News ItemsTom Cruise
- Doug Liman Lines Up Futuristic 'Railhead,' Len Wiseman Goes Supernatural With 'Black Chapter' & More (From The Playlist. 23 April 2014, 6:39 AM, PDT)
- Meme: Matt Bomer Has Been Married For Three Years, Eaddy Mays Questions Relationship Between Actors and Shippers, Kate McKinnon Explains “Dykes & Fats” (From The Backlot. 23 April 2014, 4:21 AM, PDT)
- Laura Prepon slams rumours about dating Tom Cruise (From RealBollywood. 23 April 2014, 2:39 AM, PDT)
Will Smith (I)
- Jerry Bruckheimer Gives Update on 'Bad Boys 3' and 'National Treasure 3' (From MovieWeb. 22 April 2014, 1:43 PM, PDT)
- Jerry Bruckheimer Offers ‘Bad Boys 3′ and ‘National Treasure 3′ Updates (From Screen Rant. 22 April 2014, 12:09 PM, PDT)
- My guilty pleasure: Hitch (From The Guardian - Film News. 22 April 2014, 4:41 AM, PDT)
Jada Pinkett Smith
- How To Fix The Matrix Sequels Pt. 1: Reloaded (From SoundOnSight. 20 April 2014, 9:20 AM, PDT)
- The Sun Comes Out In The New Annie Trailer (From We Got This Covered. 15 April 2014, 2:09 AM, PDT)
- International Trailer Hits for ‘Annie’ (From LatinoReview. 14 April 2014, 11:12 AM, PDT)