The holidays remain a popular time to pop the question, which got us thinking about how various celebrities have proposed marriage.
While some stars have opted to make a grand gesture against an iconic backdrop -- Tom Cruise famously made his move atop the Eiffel Tower -- others, like Will Smith, have kept the big moment low-key ("Hey, we might be real good married. Wassup?" Smith casually asked Jada Pinkett).
Here's how other famous couples vowed to take the next step.
- The Huffington Post
Similar News ItemsTom Cruise
- Tom Cruise & Katie Holmes One Year After Split: "In a Really Good Place" (From E! Online. 19 June 2013, 11:47 AM, PDT)
- Has Brad Pitt Ever Made a Successful Blockbuster Movie? (From Moviefone. 19 June 2013, 8:00 AM, PDT)
- Why Miley Cyrus Thinks Alcohol Is "Worse" Than Weed (From Popsugar. 19 June 2013, 7:14 AM, PDT)
Will Smith (I)
- Casting Directors Push Lawmakers to Uncap Pa. Tax Incentives (From Backstage. 19 June 2013, 1:33 PM, PDT)
- Is Brad Pitt taking promotional lessons from Justin Timberlake? (From EW.com - PopWatch. 19 June 2013, 1:23 PM, PDT)
- Sandra Bullock Will (Now) Not Be Miss Hannigan In ‘Annie’ (From The Hollywood News. 19 June 2013, 1:05 PM, PDT)
Jada Pinkett Smith
- Channing Tatum, Snooki & More: Father's Day TwitPics! (From TooFab. 17 June 2013, 7:30 AM, PDT)
- Tribeca: Doc Fund Hands Out Finishing Coin to Nine Titles (From Variety - Film News. 14 June 2013, 12:50 PM, PDT)
- Tfi, Gucci unveil fund recipients (From ScreenDaily. 13 June 2013, 4:22 PM, PDT)