The holidays remain a popular time to pop the question, which got us thinking about how various celebrities have proposed marriage.
While some stars have opted to make a grand gesture against an iconic backdrop -- Tom Cruise famously made his move atop the Eiffel Tower -- others, like Will Smith, have kept the big moment low-key ("Hey, we might be real good married. Wassup?" Smith casually asked Jada Pinkett).
Here's how other famous couples vowed to take the next step.
- The Huffington Post
Similar News ItemsTom Cruise
- 8 amazing rock 'n' roll transformations: From Gary Oldman to Cate Blanchett (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 24 October 2014, 9:30 AM, PDT)
- Avengers: Age of Ultron Trailer – Flickering Myth Reaction (From Flickeringmyth. 24 October 2014, 3:20 AM, PDT)
- Warner Bros. Finds Writer For Biblical Epic Methuselah (From We Got This Covered. 22 October 2014, 1:33 PM, PDT)
Will Smith (I)
- Is Suicide Squad too early in DC’s cinematic line-up? (From Flickeringmyth. 24 October 2014, 3:17 PM, PDT)
- Why Jesse Eisenberg's Luthor is a great fit for 'Suicide Squad' (From Hitfix. 24 October 2014, 1:25 PM, PDT)
- Jesse Eisenberg in talks for Lex Luthor role in Suicide Squad (From Flickeringmyth. 24 October 2014, 12:44 PM, PDT)
Jada Pinkett Smith
- Hollywood Couples Who Have Stayed Together the Longest (From Popsugar. 24 October 2014, 4:20 PM, PDT)
- Superhero Bits: Guardians of the Galaxy, Age of Ultron, Gotham, Doctor Strange, Hulk, Stan Lee (From Slash Film. 24 October 2014, 3:00 PM, PDT)
- New Gotham Stills From "Penguin's Umbrella" Give Us Our Best Look Yet At 'Victor Zsasz' (From ComicBookMovie. 24 October 2014, 1:15 PM, PDT)